PDA

View Full Version : Suspension part number shenanigans!!!

paulonsite
8th October 2013, 09:53
Allo! :D

Soooo my dampers have worn out on me ZT diesel saloon. I am going to replace the whole shebang as the springs are rusted to Hull and back but am struggling to identify the correct _rear_ springs.

I've got a '54 plate MG ZT Saloon, CDTi Auto. Thanks to some fantastic threads on here I've been able to find part numbers, colour codes and reference codes for front dampers, front springs and rear dampers. I can't however, find the rear springs. This is because:-

1. The springs should be colour coded: I took the wheels off to check, and they're not:confused:. I did see I've correctly identified the dampers though :}
2. As you good folk know here should be a label under the rear seat with all the suspension info on: there isn't:shrug: 've taken the seat apart and stripped the underside to the floor. Nada.:getmecoat:
3. Previous owner also maligned this
4. Collier's Xpart database should have the suspension info entered from time of manufacture by my VIN: Longribge never entered it.:banghead:

Arrrghh!

Can anyone advise me what colour/part number I need for the rear springs? Not that I'm that keen to spend nigh-on £700 but needs must!!!

P.s. Colliers Brum were MUCH cheaper than Eurocarparts for all the bits - like £100 less per damper (same part no etc).

If anyone can help, I will be forever grateful :bowdown:

Paul.

marinabrian
8th October 2013, 11:09
Allo! :D

Soooo my dampers have worn out on me ZT diesel saloon. I am going to replace the whole shebang as the springs are rusted to Hull and back but am struggling to identify the correct _rear_ springs.

I've got a '54 plate MG ZT Saloon, CDTi Auto. Thanks to some fantastic threads on here I've been able to find part numbers, colour codes and reference codes for front dampers, front springs and rear dampers. I can't however, find the rear springs. This is because:-

1. The springs should be colour coded: I took the wheels off to check, and they're not:confused:. I did see I've correctly identified the dampers though :}
2. As you good folk know here should be a label under the rear seat with all the suspension info on: there isn't:shrug: 've taken the seat apart and stripped the underside to the floor. Nada.:getmecoat:
3. Previous owner also maligned this
4. Collier's Xpart database should have the suspension info entered from time of manufacture by my VIN: Longribge never entered it.:banghead:

Arrrghh!

Can anyone advise me what colour/part number I need for the rear springs? Not that I'm that keen to spend nigh-on £700 but needs must!!!

P.s. Colliers Brum were MUCH cheaper than Eurocarparts for all the bits - like £100 less per damper (same part no etc).

If anyone can help, I will be forever grateful :bowdown:

Paul.

Spring codes are on a sticker under the back seat attached to the fuel pump inspection covers ;)

Brian :D

paulonsite
8th October 2013, 13:30
Spring codes are on a sticker under the back seat attached to the fuel pump inspection covers ;)

Brian :D

Erm...on most cars Brian, but as above, not on mine...sorry. Thanks for the note though.