Various street entertainers
Pipe Band
Continental Market
Hog Roast
Santa dash
Wood fired pizzas
Market stalls (on West Clyde Street)
and more . . . .
Finishing off with Fireworks (around 4.30pm)

Date; Sunday 1st December 2013
Meeting Point: Its best if we arrive as a group. We will leave at 1115 hrs from;
ASDA Supermarket car park,

St James Retail Park,
27 Glasgow Rd, Dumbarton,
Glasgow,
Dunbartonshire
G82 1RB .
Google Maps location . . . https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=St+James+Retail+Park,+Glasgow+Road,+Dumbart on&hl=en&ll=55.94324,-4.560442&spn=0.00715,0.013797&sll=47.73855,12.508828&sspn=35.218629,56.513672&oq=St+James+Retail+Park,+&hnear=St+James+Retail+Park,+Glasgow+Rd,+Dumbarton+ G82+1RB,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

Route to Helensburgh; 9 miles and 20 mins via the A814. Straight road along the coast from Dumbarton to Helensburgh.
Show Location; As at 15-11-2013, the specific location has not been decided. Its possible a decision will be made the day before or on the morning of the show. If in doubt, just head for the swimming pool area in Helensburgh which is located on the sea front. We wont be far away from there!
Google Maps location of stand/show https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Colquhoun+Square,+Helensburgh&hl=en&ll=56.004008,-4.734764&spn=0.003569,0.006899&sll=47.73855,12.508828&sspn=35.218629,56.513672&oq=colghoune+square+helensburgh&hnear=Colquhoun+Square,+Helensburgh,+United+Kingdo m&t=m&z=17
Please be at the show no later than: 1145 hrs sharp.

Please be aware, Helensburgh is on the coast and can be breezy so bring your jacket and bunnet!

As per instructions from the council, we need to marshal the club cars on arrival with Hi Viz clothing etc (health and safety and all that). A Hi Viz vest will be fine.

Marshals are:
1. Yella Fella
2. Tim Burgess

I will not be at the Meeting Point, I will go directly to Helensburgh about 11am to ensure our space is free, to troubleshoot and help marshal.

This is the first time we have been to the Helensburgh Winter Festival. The visiting public will be looking at our cars so lets put on a good show! As well as having the normal display of cars I’m looking to single out and show off at least one car for each key features:

Engine Bay; Aldos V8? Anyone with a clean V6 or diesel?
Interior; Tims Dorchester ?
Tourer boot space; Any Volunteers ?
A splash of colour (Trophy/Sunspot yellow, Trophy Blue and Red); all sitting together. Any Volunteers ?

We have asked for spaces for 10-20 cars.

Going are . . .
1. Yella Fella (ZT + 160 Turbo)
2. Tim Burgess (ZT-T 120)
3. Alan G (In the MG3)
4. paule23 (MG ZT)
5. AldoR (ZT V8 with a sweet burble)
6. buzzardjohn (Rover 75)
7. Parahandy + 1 (Rover 75 CDT)
8. Flyer (and Mrs Flyer) (ZT Tourer)
9. barrienixon + 1 (ZT CDTi +)

The maybe and possibles are . . .
1. chiboy24659 (MG ZT + Trophy Blue)
2. David5000 (MG6 or Rover 75 Saloon Cdti Conni)
3. Gurgle260 (ZT V8 with a sweet burble)
4. Simondi (ZT V6 190 with a sweet burble)
5. FrazzleTC (Rover 75)
6. Liaison (ZT V8 with a sweet burble)

Merry Christmas :D

http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/sites/default/files/styles/events_lg/public/winter_festival_logo_small.jpg?itok=QecSj5is

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Tim_Burgess
13th October 2013, 00:02
I'll be there Glenn, but in the ZT-T. The 75 is on SORN. Don't worry about buying Hi-Vis vests I have a couple.

Astraeus
13th October 2013, 21:10
I'll be there Glenn, but in the ZT-T. The 75 is on SORN. Don't worry about buying Hi-Vis vests I have a couple.

Hi

Wendy and I will be attending ( in one of our Rovers!)

See you there

Chris

paule23
13th October 2013, 21:23
If I'm not too embarrassed to show my rather dented ZT I'll come down. It would be good to meet up with some other members in the flesh.

Yella Fella
14th October 2013, 08:03
If I'm not too embarrassed to show my rather dented ZT I'll come down. It would be good to meet up with some other members in the flesh.

No probs, welcome along. Name added to the list :)

AldoR
14th October 2013, 19:59
Yes put me down for it i will be attending this show without the better half:(

murphyv310
16th October 2013, 17:46
Hi.
Put me and the missus down please.

FLYER
19th October 2013, 19:57
Mr & Mrs FLYER will attend :D

Simondi
20th October 2013, 06:13
Hopefully I will be there with the boy

Liaison
20th October 2013, 10:36
I might be able to attend also, depending on work commitments. Heck might even be able to convince the father to come along.

That's a maybe for two 260s then.:)

Yella Fella
20th October 2013, 10:50
Latest names added to the list in the first post.

Three possible V8's and a good mix of other models. :)

Alan_G
21st October 2013, 05:09
I can make this, will be in the MG3 if that's ok?

Astraeus
22nd October 2013, 15:13

Hi

Certainly as far as I am concerned it would be great to see it. Having seen the MG6 at the weekend I am pretty impressed.

Chris

Yella Fella
22nd October 2013, 19:39

Added to the list Alan.

FrazzleTC
22nd October 2013, 20:00
I'll hopefully be at this, depending on how uni stuff is going! Might have the 75 there too. Can you pop me down as a possible for now, Glenn?

David5000
22nd October 2013, 20:28
Suppose id better bring the 6 then!

Astraeus
22nd October 2013, 21:01
Suppose id better bring the 6 then!

Hi

I think you should too!

Chris

Yella Fella
4th November 2013, 10:25
Hi folks,

just heard from Argyll and Bute council. There is a further Winter Festival meeting on 11th Nov which Tim Burgess and I will go along to.

Any more takers for attending the Helensburgh Winter Festival on Sunday 1st Dec?

Astraeus
7th November 2013, 09:44
Hi all

Sorry but due to my (slower than expected) recovery from the old bladder surgery I am out of action until after Christmas. Getting back to work on Monday but no extra activities ( of any sort ...ahem) until the new Year!
Hope you enjoy the day

Chris

Tim_Burgess
7th November 2013, 16:25
Just a small thought. Would anyone be interested in a meal after the meet? If so, how about Duck Bay on the A82? They have a good carvery and a decent menu as well. It's also on the route home for a few people.

If anyone's interested, I'll give them a call and see if they can accommodate us.

FLYING BANANA
7th November 2013, 18:50
Sadly I am unable to make this meet. Was really looking forward to travelling North of the Border. But I hope it all goes well. Maybe next year.

AldoR
7th November 2013, 19:25
Just a small thought. Would anyone be interested in a meal after the meet? If so, how about Duck Bay on the A82? They have a good carvery and a decent menu as well. It's also on the route home for a few people.

If anyone's interested, I'll give them a call and see if they can accommodate us.
Thats a good idea there Tim as i can't make the Hawes xmas meal due to the date/time as its the end of the month and it's our busiest time with work so we will be interested in this :}

FLYER
7th November 2013, 19:32
A nosh after the sea air would be a delight .....:D...

Tim_Burgess
8th November 2013, 10:30
Sadly I am unable to make this meet. Was really looking forward to travelling North of the Border. But I hope it all goes well. Maybe next year.

That's a shame Bob, was looking forward to meeting you.

FLYING BANANA
8th November 2013, 11:09
That's a shame Bob, was looking forward to meeting you.

If I can sell the V8 then maybe I'll be able to come up. But it's not looking too good.:(

Liaison
11th November 2013, 21:57
I would like to confirm my attendance with my 260.

But I do have to ask....do I keep the straight through rear pipes on it or take them off? I don't want to be anti-social in Helensburgh. ;)

Yella Fella
12th November 2013, 06:40
I would like to confirm my attendance with my 260.

But I do have to ask....do I keep the straight through rear pipes on it or take them off? I don't want to be anti-social in Helensburgh. ;)

Superb! I have moved you name into the confirmed list :)

Keep the decat pipes off :D :D

Yella Fella
12th November 2013, 06:43
Tim Burgess and I attended another meeting last night with Argyll and Bute Council in Helensburgh.

There will be some changes to the details in post one. I'll post these changes when I have more time later and when I get home from work.

Liaison
12th November 2013, 12:13
Spoil sport :p

Yella Fella
13th November 2013, 17:50
Spoil sport :p

Straight through is good. :D

Noise is good :D

Yella Fella
13th November 2013, 17:53
Additional info for Sunday 1st Dec.

As part of the entertainment there will be;
Silver Star Line Dancers
Dance school
Choir
Donna's Dazzlers
Pipe Band
Other (im sure I have missed a few)

Merry Christmas :D :D

Tim_Burgess
13th November 2013, 21:27
Additional info for Sunday 1st Dec.

As part of the entertainment there will be;
Silver Star Line Dancers
Dance school
Choir
Donna's Dazzlers
Pipe Band
Other (im sure I have missed a few)

Merry Christmas :D :D

Not forgetting the continental market, hog roast, Santa dash, wood fired pizzas and market stalls on West Clyde Street. :D

Yella Fella
14th November 2013, 05:06
Not forgetting the continental market, hog roast, Santa dash, wood fired pizzas and market stalls on West Clyde Street. :D

Thanks Tim, I knew there was more but couldn't remember them all.

For some reason Donnas Dazzlers sticks in my mind! Must be worth coming to this event to see these! :D

parahandy
14th November 2013, 18:26
Can you please add Parahandy and Mrs to the defo list for Helensburgh.

Yella Fella
15th November 2013, 09:06
Can you please add Parahandy and Mrs to the defo list for Helensburgh.

Will do, welcome along :)

Yella Fella
15th November 2013, 09:23
A festival like this takes a lot of planning by the Local Authority. As such, our location has changed a couple of time. It was originally the Swimming Pool area, then it changed to the Square however it looks like this has changed again. I have added this info to the first post;

Show Location; As at 15-11-2013, the specific location has not been decided. Its possible a decision will be made the day before or on the morning of the show. If in doubt, just head for the swimming pool area in Helensburgh which is located on the sea front. We wont be far away from there!

The Festival is contained within a few hundred yards so no-one will get lost. As soon as I know the specific location, Ill post it here and contact the lead car coming from Dumbarton who can guide the cars in.

Phew! Who'd be an RS? :rofl:

Tim_Burgess
15th November 2013, 14:34
A festival like this takes a lot of planning by the Local Authority. As such, our location has changed a couple of time. It was originally the Swimming Pool area, then it changed to the Square however it looks like this has changed again. I have added this info to the first post;

The Festival is contained within a few hundred yards so no-one will get lost. As soon as I know the specific location, Ill post it here and contact the lead car coming from Dumbarton who can guide the cars in.

Phew! Who'd be an RS? :rofl:

Just look out for the 2 blokes wearing orange hi-vis jackets and waving frantically. :D

Yella Fella
15th November 2013, 14:49
Just look out for the 2 blokes wearing orange hi-vis jackets and waving frantically. :D

My son kindly donated to me a brand new;
Hi-Viz Jacket
Hi-Viz Fleece
Hi-Viz Trousers
Hi-Viz Wooly Hat
All in Hi -Viz YELLA :sunny:

Tim_Burgess
15th November 2013, 16:16
Thanks Tim, I knew there was more but couldn't remember them all.

For some reason Donnas Dazzlers sticks in my mind! Must be worth coming to this event to see these! :D

I must admit to being intrigued myself.

barrienixon
16th November 2013, 16:29
Stick my name down as well. I will be attending with the wife and the youngest.

Only thing is my car isn't in the best of conditions just now but I will tart it up as best as I can.

Barrie.

Yella Fella
17th November 2013, 08:21
Stick my name down as well. I will be attending with the wife and the youngest.

Only thing is my car isn't in the best of conditions just now but I will tart it up as best as I can.

Barrie.

Barrie, name added to the list :). Don't worry about the car, they come in a variety of conditions.

Tim_Burgess
17th November 2013, 16:41
Any other takers for the meal at Duck Bay? Just need to get approximate numbers.

parahandy
17th November 2013, 18:29
Please add Parahandy and Mrs for the meal at Duck Bay.

Alan_G
17th November 2013, 22:13
Not for me I am afraid Tim, I am coming off a backshift on the Saturday and back onto a 4am start on the Monday, so will head home for dinner and bed!

buzzardjohn
18th November 2013, 10:12
put buzzardjohn down please

Yella Fella
18th November 2013, 10:28
put buzzardjohn down please

John,

your name was already on the list. See the first post :)

Gurgle260
18th November 2013, 12:53
Put us down for the meal after at the Duck Baytoo

Robert and Lauralin

FLYER
18th November 2013, 18:06
John,

your name was already on the list. See the first post :)I think John might mean for the meal :shrug:

buzzardjohn
19th November 2013, 18:06
i it was for duck bay for meal

murphyv310
24th November 2013, 18:09
Hi Tim.
Have you any idea of a time scale for the meal at Duck Bay?

buzzardjohn
24th November 2013, 20:18
Hi, I think the meal for Duck Bay Marina will be around 5.30pm and 6pm, because the Helensburgh show does not end till 4.30pm. Tim should be able to tell you better.

AldoR
24th November 2013, 20:20
1130pm as there fully booked till then :drool4:

buzzardjohn
24th November 2013, 20:29
please could tell me if the meal is at 11.30pm or are you winding us up :}

FLYER
24th November 2013, 20:32
1130pm as there fully booked till then :drool4:

eh ?????????:confused:

buzzardjohn
24th November 2013, 20:36
are you on the menu

buzzardjohn
24th November 2013, 20:57
are you booked in over night George wear booked in

FLYER
25th November 2013, 10:25
are you booked in over night George wear booked in
booking tonight hopefully.

AldoR
25th November 2013, 13:35
please could tell me if the meal is at 11.30pm or are you winding us up :}

Yes just me at it :} just a bit of fun

FLYER
25th November 2013, 14:23
Yes just me at it :} just a bit of fun

your bad ......:D

buzzardjohn
25th November 2013, 17:29
thank god for that don't fancy waiting to half past 11 for a wee drink thanks Aldo you've put my mind at rest thanks

Tim_Burgess
26th November 2013, 18:09
Sorry guys. Having a bad day...

Yes, Duck bay for round 5 / 5:30pm.

They said we shouldn't need a booking at that time of day. I count 12 for the meal so far. Any more?

murphyv310
26th November 2013, 19:30
Hi.
Sorry Anne & I can't make the meal, I've got a really early start next Monday so really need to leave around 3pm.
See you all Sunday

Jim Jamieson
26th November 2013, 20:01
I can now confirm that I will be able to attend this with the V6.

I can put on a nice display with interior with all that wood and the engine bay at 50k shouldn't be too bad either. I've also got all my various literature etc. which can be interesting to some.

BTW I will be on my lonesome as the missus is out with the girls (again) so put me down for the nosh up later on.

Yella Fella
27th November 2013, 19:14
I can now confirm that I will be able to attend this with the V6.

I can put on a nice display with interior with all that wood and the engine bay at 50k shouldn't be too bad either. I've also got all my various literature etc. which can be interesting to some.

BTW I will be on my lonesome as the missus is out with the girls (again) so put me down for the nosh up later on.

Good stuff Jim, name added. :}

Yella Fella
27th November 2013, 19:18
Please be aware, if you are using the Erskine Bridge on Sunday morning, there are ongoing roadworks on the bridge.

I don't think they will hold anyone back on a Sunday morning but you never know!

Yella Fella
30th November 2013, 08:37
This meet is . . .

TOMORROW!

Anymore coming along?

Jim Jamieson
30th November 2013, 11:32
Guys I am so sorry I've just been reminded by the missus that I have another commitment tomorrow morning so I will be unable to come along.

It must be an age thing as this is not the first time recently I've forgotten about something important.
Hope you all have a good day and once again my apologies.

murphyv310
30th November 2013, 12:16
Hi.
I had a bit of a disaster at work yesterday and my already dodgy left knee took the brunt of it, driving home last night was a nightmare. I tried the deep heat and a hot bath last night and it felt a little better. Its worsened today and I've one of those elasticated stocking things on it at the moment. I've just tried to drive the 75 and it was a no no, it was a little easier in the van as its a more upright driving position but even then I was getting shoots of pain in the knee every time I pressed the clutch.
Unless there is a miracle I'm afraid there is no way I can come. If that miracle does occur I'll let you all know early tomorrow.
I need to be OK for Monday as I've got a long and busy day at work!

FrazzleTC
30th November 2013, 12:36
I'll pop over on the train if the weather's okay.

FLYER
30th November 2013, 17:24
See you all at the retail park car park tmw....:D

Alan_G
30th November 2013, 17:41
See you there George, the wife is even tagging along this time :)

Tim_Burgess
30th November 2013, 19:21
Just checked the weather and it looks as though it's going to be kind to us. Sunny with light winds all day.:D

See you all tomorrow.

FrazzleTC
30th November 2013, 19:41
Since the weather's going to be nice, I'll arrive shortly after lunch, hopefully!

Yella Fella
30th November 2013, 20:14
Just checked the weather and it looks as though it's going to be kind to us. Sunny with light winds all day.:D

See you all tomorrow.

Good stuff. Its not everyday we can say that!

Remember I'll be going direct to Helenburgh and not to Dumbarton.

As soon as I know out location I'll contact Flyer so that he can guide you all in from Dumbarton.

See you at Helensburgh.

Tim_Burgess
30th November 2013, 20:36
Good stuff. Its not everyday we can say that!

Remember I'll be going direct to Helenburgh and not to Dumbarton.

As soon as I know out location I'll contact Flyer so that he can guide you all in from Dumbarton.

See you at Helensburgh.

Glenn, have you seen this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659135200798512&set=a.484217301623637.115869.426100410768660&type=1&theater

Looks as though we are next to the Swimming Pool.

AldoR
1st December 2013, 08:15
Unfortunately due to work on today at the SSEC Glasgow and now being informed that the driver whom was scheduled to work today is called in sick so am now sick as i will have to cover this so all enjoy.:mad:

FLYER
1st December 2013, 21:09
Excellent day and night .

This replacement for the Loch Lomond meet meet was a great success.

Weather brilliant .

Good company.

Some excellent female santa,s :drool4:.

Even the DYNO-ROD STEWART was good value.:bowdown:

Plenty of stalls .

Also our cars drew a lot of attention as they were right at the heart of the event.

Fantastic organisation by GLENN and TIM even though GLENN seemed to forget i was there:mad:;).

Laugh of the day was GLENN ,TIM and FRAZZLE getting enlisted as security guys for the fireworks on the pier :D.

All in all a great future fixture near xmas.

Well done everyone .

PS , the after event dinner at DUCK BAY was very tasty.:drool4:

Graham1961
1st December 2013, 21:46
Excellent day and night .

This replacement for the Loch Lomond meet meet was a great success.

Weather brilliant .

Good company.

Some excellent female santa,s :drool4:.

Even the DYNO-ROD STEWART was good value.:bowdown:

Plenty of stalls .

Also our cars drew a lot of attention as they were right at the heart of the event.

Fantastic organisation by GLENN and TIM even though GLENN seemed to forget i was there:mad:;).

Laugh of the day was GLENN ,TIM and FRAZZLE getting enlisted as security guys for the fireworks on the pier :D.

All in all a great future fixture near xmas.

Well done everyone .

PS , the after event dinner at DUCK BAY was very tasty.:drool4:

Looked a braw day George....

FLYER
1st December 2013, 21:48
Looked a braw day George....It was , and your car would have recieved plenty of attention :drool4:

AldoR
1st December 2013, 22:11
Looked a braw day George....

Yes from the positive feedback the day was a success :)

Graham1961
1st December 2013, 22:32
It was , and your car would have recieved plenty of attention :drool4:

Aw thanks George....I'm chocked with the cold the now, nose running like a train

Yella Fella
2nd December 2013, 09:22
See below for a copy of a message sent to the organiser of the Helensburgh Winter Festival;

Hi,

Just a few words to say our members and their families really enjoy themselves yesterday so a big THANK YOU for having us.

The location was spot on as we were right in the middle of the fun!

I have created a thread on our club forum with some pictures. See the link below.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166308 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166308)

Everything seemed to fall into place so please pass on our thanks to everyone who was involved in organising the event and for making us feel welcome.

I hope we are welcome to return again next year. If this is possible please let me know so that we can add it into our plan for 2014.

Thanks again

Glenn Neilson
Regional Secretary
Rover 75 and MG ZT Owners Club
Scottish Region (West)

FLYER
2nd December 2013, 17:43
See below for a copy of a message sent to the organiser of the Helensburgh Winter Festival;

Hi,

Just a few words to say our members and their families really enjoy themselves yesterday so a big THANK YOU for having us.

The location was spot on as we were right in the middle of the fun!

I have created a thread on our club forum with some pictures. See the link below.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166308 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=166308)

Everything seemed to fall into place so please pass on our thanks to everyone who was involved in organising the event and for making us feel welcome.

I hope we are welcome to return again next year. If this is possible please let me know so that we can add it into our plan for 2014.

Thanks again

Glenn Neilson
Regional Secretary
Rover 75 and MG ZT Owners Club
Scottish Region (West)nice touch Glenn.

Tim_Burgess
2nd December 2013, 19:10
Unfortunately due to work on today at the SSEC Glasgow and now being informed that the driver whom was scheduled to work today is called in sick so am now sick as i will have to cover this so all enjoy.:mad:

Real shame you and Alison couldn't make it mate. It was a cracking day.

Next year with Colqhoun Square back in action it should be even better.

AldoR
2nd December 2013, 19:25
Real shame you and Alison couldn't make it mate. It was a cracking day.

Next year with Colqhoun Square back in action it should be even better.

Us too, Tim how did the meal also go as we were looking forward to this as well however that's lift sure to be at some next year all pending on work as those of us who are self employed/ run there own business know too well you got to take the work when it's there or fill in when someone falls out:xmas-smiley-031:.

Tim_Burgess
2nd December 2013, 20:10
Us too, Tim how did the meal also go as we were looking forward to this as well however that's lift sure to be at some next year all pending on work as those of us who are self employed/ run there own business know too well you got to take the work when it's there or fill in when someone falls out:xmas-smiley-031:.

Very true Aldo, the joys of running our own businesses eh?

The meal was excellent. I was wondering about maybe having a meet at Duck Bay during the summer so we get the added benefit of the stunning views up the Loch.

munroman
6th December 2013, 18:38
The local rag reckons 5,000 people attended over the 3 days of the Festival..

http://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/news/helensburghandlomond/articles/2013/12/05/481176-helensburgh-winter-festival-fuels-fun-for-5000/