PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lighting help please...

theridler
23rd October 2013, 10:58
Hi, Hopefully someone can help...?:)
I need to tap into a wire from either the input side of the dimmer switch or the wire from the sidelight position on the main light switch. I'm trying to feed this wire to the illumination wire on my car stereo so that I can dim my interior lights without knocking out the backlights on my car stereo. Thanks in advance:)

theridler
23rd October 2013, 11:35
Hers a picture (sorry very blurry) of back of light switch connector... all I know is that the dimmed output wire is red/white in colour...?

Duotone
23rd October 2013, 12:10
Hers a picture (sorry very blurry) of back of light switch connector... all I know is that the dimmed output wire is red/white in colour...?

The red/white wire is for general lighting and this goes to all switches. It is controlled by BCU.

If you want to maintain the lighting you will have to cut the red/white input wire to the radio and wire it to an ignition feed light green/white.

Pin 6 Grey iso plug is red/white.. Pin 7 Grey iso plug is ignition feed light green/white

What type of radio is fitted to your ZT ??

Dave T

theridler
23rd October 2013, 12:56
New android unit from Radioguy (Sean)...
If I understand what you're saying - connect to the ignition wire is that correct?

theridler
23rd October 2013, 12:59
The reason I ask this is that I'm trying to get a feed from the lights so that the built in light dim setting of the headunit is maintained (this dim setting is driven by when the lights are turned on...) otherwise yes the lights will be dimmed but the headunit lights will still be bright - hope that makes sense??:shrug:

theridler
24th October 2013, 10:08
Possibly I could connect to wire going to one of the side lights...? Any ideas what colour that is? Maybe I could check at bulb connector then find same coloured wire coming out of main lighting switch?