PDA

View Full Version : Another rare one saved I hope

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 18:23
Maybe this should be titled WHAT HAVE I DONE :shrug:
Just bought this as something told me I should try to save this rare car
It wants lots and lots of work in fact I think I'll add another LOTS so will be a long term project.
It's needs are bodywork as it has scrapes all round and will need n/s wing..no turbo boost.. refuses to go into gear with engine running.. Interior is easily the dirtiest I have ever seen..and the tyres ain't that good...ABS light on
Good points ..It was cheap ...It has a FBH..and 6 months MOT not that it's going anywhere soon

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ncfc1950/75%20restration/14f09574-06df-4fb7-958c-1a237e09d891_zpsff992977.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/media/75%20restration/14f09574-06df-4fb7-958c-1a237e09d891_zpsff992977.jpg.html)

One of only two 75s that left the factory finished in CMU (Solar Red) it's a 2002 CDT Conny

Any offer of help with anything would be greatly appreciated
More to follow but will probably only be more bad news:getmecoat:
Cheers Ian

Moonshine Mark
23rd October 2013, 18:26
Well done on saving her Ian and I look forward to seeing the progress :D

rover10
23rd October 2013, 19:04
Good on you!!!

Very rare colour indeed.

FLYING BANANA
23rd October 2013, 19:10
I'll help in anyway I can. Well done Ian for saving another one.

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 19:12
Good on you!!!

Very rare colour indeed.

Cheers for that
Only rare in 75 guise of course 1000s of ZTs in Solar Red which is probably just as well looking at the doors and wings I'm likely to need
I wonder where the other 75 in this colour is? and if they were ordered for a specific use Fire Brigade etc
Cheers Ian

FrazzleTC
23rd October 2013, 19:20
Very well done for saving it, Ian! The one you've bought has been sold a few times lately, if it's the one I think it is! Excellent save, and I can't wait to see your progress with it!

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 19:28
Very well done for saving it, Ian! The one you've bought has been sold a few times lately, if it's the one I think it is! Excellent save, and I can't wait to see your progress with it!

Yes just found the old MOTs and it's been around a bit Halifax, Leeds,Huddersfield & London to name some before it landed in Weymouth however mileage at 94k does seem to add up although the speedo has stopped working.. It is a rough as an old dog and if all attempts at saving it fail I could sell the FBH and get at least half of my money back:D:D..
Cheers Ian

Ratty
23rd October 2013, 19:38
More than willing to help any way I can Ian can always come up for a weekend.

Thomas
23rd October 2013, 19:38
When so many of them are getting scrapped its great to see some being saved! all the best with it :)

Moonshine Mark
23rd October 2013, 19:54
I suppose you could put the whole club up in the park and we could all do a bit :D

Reebs
23rd October 2013, 20:17
I wonder where the other 75 in this colour is? and if they were ordered for a specific use Fire Brigade etc
Cheers Ian

Yours is the oldest of the two Ian, by 1 minute 45 seconds! Both Solar Red 75s followed each other off the line, and were of identical spec :cool:

So yes, it does sound like they may well have been ordered as a pair for some specific purpose :shrug:

coab
23rd October 2013, 20:22
Yours is the oldest of the two Ian, by 1 minute 45 seconds! Both Solar Red 75s followed each other off the line, and were of identical spec :cool:

So yes, it does sound like they may well have been ordered as a pair for some specific purpose :shrug:

Postman pat?:D

I have a auto dimming rear mirror no plastic case but f.o.c if needed for an upgrade.

MalteseMarc
23rd October 2013, 20:22
Well done for saving it Ian! so easily these motors get broken for spares, so will look forward to seeing progress reports as the car gets back to good health.
:)

regards,

Marc

Fusilier
23rd October 2013, 20:30
Well Done Ian, and welcome to the Solar Red Save a Car Society, I've had mine now for about two and a half weeks, and already spent around 100 + hours on it, and suspect that It will still be another 300+ before I get it to the standard I want

Good luck, and keep us posted on how you are getting on

stu

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 20:37

Thanks Paul
This could be a winter of finding out the history..
I have little or no information other than marinabrian says that its a Newcastle registration..
Any way of finding out if the other one is still alive?
cheers Ian

Reebs
23rd October 2013, 20:43
Any way of finding out if the other one is still alive?
cheers Ian

Sadly not without the registration, I have the VIN, but that won't help on the DVLA search site :(

:smilie_re: https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e4s1

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 20:45
Well done for saving it Ian! so easily these motors get broken for spares, so will look forward to seeing progress reports as the car gets back to good health.
:)

regards,

Marc
As long as you don't expect rapid progress..1st jobs will be lack of turbo and clutch.. just found a receipt for clutch and both slave and master cylinders from 2010 bite is very low so thinking maybe master has failed.
cheers Ian

pab
23rd October 2013, 20:47
Another rare and interesting car, top of the saving list..Nice one.

tareim
23rd October 2013, 20:52
I think we need a nano repair meet down this end of the country Ian then some of us can come help you as well as help each other with bits and pieces

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 20:54
Sadly not without the registration, I have the VIN, but that won't help on the DVLA search site :(

:smilie_re: https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e4s1

I wonder if they were special order and both went to the same customer if the plates were consecutive?
Cheers Ian

Ian G
23rd October 2013, 21:37
Trawling through the web and just found the ebay ad for this car when sold in June it appears to have lost a few miles which probably explains the non working speedo.. OH DEAR good job it's a labour of love. well for now it is anyway.
Cheers Ian

andylwilson
23rd October 2013, 22:22
Yes just found the old MOTs and it's been around a bit Halifax, Leeds,Huddersfield & London to name some before it landed in Weymouth however mileage at 94k does seem to add up although the speedo has stopped working.. It is a rough as an old dog and if all attempts at saving it fail I could sell the FBH and get at least half of my money back:D:D..
Cheers Ian

Speedo and abs are probably linked front abs sensor I think its ns for speedo

Phil63
23rd October 2013, 22:35
I may be able to get a few bits at my local scrappy Ian. Let me know any time. :-)

Reebs
24th October 2013, 12:54
Ian, there may be a third Solar Red 75 out there.....

I came across this picture I had stored yonks back when it came up for sale on Autotrader

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/red75-1.jpg

However it is listed in the build records as a White Gold Connoisseur SE with Highline. So it has either had an aftermarket respray or was taken off the line as a special after initial order and sprayed another colour, much like some of the Monograms were :shrug: Whoever owned it, had an LPG conversion as you can see, and fitted a facelift extra 75 badge on the boot.

Reebs
24th October 2013, 12:58
It is currently showing as unlicensed too, date of liability being 01/05/12 :(

MG Tom
24th October 2013, 13:01
Look forward to the updates on this, I love a good progress diary. :}

kbonney88
24th October 2013, 13:23
Good to see it being saved.. as many have said - too many being scrapped and broken for spares, I have never seen one in this colour.. look forward to seeing it back on the road!!

enjoy!! ;)

regards, Kev

24th October 2013, 14:35
Here's a front view of the one posted above:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/75redrare.jpg

Ian G
24th October 2013, 17:15
It has started

1gp
24th October 2013, 18:15
good man ... its something you can get your teeth into over the winter , we need a few more people like you , to save the 75 breed...:}

TR75
24th October 2013, 18:21
Well done for saving another one, Ian. Looks a very interesting find and looking forward to some more photographs!

Are we likely to meet her at our next meet in Weston Super Mare?

Ian G
24th October 2013, 18:49
Well done for saving another one, Ian. Looks a very interesting find and looking forward to some more photographs!

Are we likely to meet her at our next meet in Weston Super Mare?

Hi Tom
Thanks for the support :D will it be at Weston? VERY UNLIKELY it really depends on what the weather and the finances allow me to get done over the winter but at 63 I don't function too well in the cold weather so it is very unlikely as without doubt a re spray will be needed.
I may have a couple of small SW meets with a bar-b-q at my place to allow folks to have a look/lend a hand through the spring and summer though.
In reality I'd like to be able to have her ready to take to the NEC for the 2014 Classic Show and maybe take a trip to her birthplace.
I've found Zenith Contract Vehicle stickers on the plates so I'm hoping that they were the purchaser of this car and her sister for a customer and I have emailed them asking if they have any information they could pass on to me.
Cheers Ian

Billy1mate
24th October 2013, 19:14
Ian, I would help if I lived closer.

tareim
24th October 2013, 19:21
I may have a couple of small SW meets with a bar-b-q at my place to allow folks to have a look/lend a hand through the spring and summer though.
Cheers Ian

mmmm bar b q
:drool4::drool4::drool4:

Ian G
24th October 2013, 19:41
Ian, I would help if I lived closer.

Hi Ade

Move closer.... Then you could be "Billy more than one mate" :getmecoat::D:D

Cheers Ian

adrenalin rush
24th October 2013, 20:31
Ian I'll pop round to see you and the new lady in your life next week & I'll help out if I can

I see a lot of RED vehicles while at work may not be able to handle yours as well :}

Ian G
26th October 2013, 17:02
And so it begins.....
complete front end inc both wings removed this afternoon that revealed
lots of awful things.. The car at some time has had a poor repair done on O/S front and the flitch will need replacing and there are some really shoddy wiring patch ups been done as well with some connections being made with house hold fittings.. both head lights have broken fixings N/S wing rusted out do to not having a liner fitted O/S wing not much better so will replace both..
Some good news turbo is fine bottom pipe was off the intercooler and the car has an almost new alternator..
Lots of pics to follow next week
Cheers Ian

Moonshine Mark
26th October 2013, 17:05
Lucky find with the intercooler pipe Ian, much better than replacing the turbo.

Looking forward to some more pictures.

DMGRS
26th October 2013, 17:08
I have never seen one in that colour, and it looks fantastic!
I'd be happy to come and see and help if needed - it'd be good to have a DIY day where a few members can pop down and help out.

Best of luck with the motor, of course if you need a hand with any bits give me a nudge. :)

Duotone
26th October 2013, 17:32
Is this the other one ??

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/Red75118032011_zps145b3bba.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/newfeather/media/Red75118032011_zps145b3bba.jpg.html)
And this is your project.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/mediaCA851AJJ.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/newfeather/media/mediaCA851AJJ.jpg.html)

Dave T

Ian G
26th October 2013, 17:57
Is this the other one ??

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/Red75118032011_zps145b3bba.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/newfeather/media/Red75118032011_zps145b3bba.jpg.html)
And this is your project.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l45/newfeather/mediaCA851AJJ.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/newfeather/media/mediaCA851AJJ.jpg.html)

Dave T

Yes the 02 plate is mine, they came off the line together
Cheers Ian

Ian G
26th October 2013, 18:10
List of parts required to date is as follows..
Please if anyone can help with cheap (or even better free) parts please PM me... not bothered about colour of panels as it's going to have a re spray ...
Front bumper...Thanks Reebs
crash beam
headlights x 2...Thanks Billy1mate & Trimani
fan and cowl
washer bottle
slam panel
front loom
power steering res
wing liners x 2
front wings x 2
radiator
air con condenser
intercooler
O/S flitch panel

Can I apply for state aid on this one..
Looks like it's going to be a long job
Cheers Ian

Duotone
26th October 2013, 18:11
I posted the wrong picture.

This is the real other one.

Dave T

Ian G
26th October 2013, 18:20
I posted the wrong picture.

This is the real other one.

Dave T

Hi Dave
Yes that's it exactly the same spec and registered on the same day and according to the DVLA still going strong.
Cheers Ian

MG Tom
26th October 2013, 18:47
Blimey that's not a small list.

What's the long term plan mate?

Good news on the turbo though.

Mines had a clout on the front n/s, just spent £400 replacing various bits, still need a rad cowling for mine too. My intercooler was bent like a banana and had a hole in it, headlight had been bodged etc etc...

All good fun.

Ian G
26th October 2013, 19:49
Blimey that's not a small list.

What's the long term plan mate?

Good news on the turbo though.

Mines had a clout on the front n/s, just spent £400 replacing various bits, still need a rad cowling for mine too. My intercooler was bent like a banana and had a hole in it, headlight had been bodged etc etc...

All good fun.
Hi Tom
Long term plan is to put her as close as I can to as she left the factory although it may mean parting with my beloved ZT at some stage :getmecoat:to fund it.
but we shall see where we end up with it, a lot depends on cost of parts,
a local breaker has a75 in and I'll see him on Monday to try and do a deal for the parts...
If all else fails then I'll have a FBH, an almost new alternator and some other parts for sale:shrug:
Cheers Ian

Ian G
27th October 2013, 16:28
There should be a law against neglecting a car this badly !!!
Cheers Ian

Sorry for some reason the pics have vanished

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/slideshow/75%20restration

Maybe this will work

Cheers Ian

Ian G
27th October 2013, 16:37
Sorry about the poor pics..still learning:shrug:if you scroll sideways at the bottom you should be able to see all pics
Cheers Ian

DaveyC
27th October 2013, 17:51
Got yer work cut out there. Will be worth it in the end though :D

Enjoying the thread, keep up the good work.

Dave :D

Moonshine Mark
27th October 2013, 17:55
Looks like you've had a busy day!

Or did you get hit by one of those tornadoes? ;)

Ian G
27th October 2013, 18:09
Looks like you've had a busy day!

Or did you get hit by one of those tornadoes? ;)

Hi Mark
It took a couple of hours to strip her back to this.. helps when your mate used to have his own body shop though :D:D

On the hunt for parts now so if you have any hols left and can get a Monday off work we could go to Trents "pick a part" in Poole together... I'll buy lunch:bowdown::bowdown:
Cheers Ian

Moonshine Mark
27th October 2013, 18:18
Hi Mark
It took a couple of hours to strip her back to this.. helps when your mate used to have his own body shop though :D:D

On the hunt for parts now so if you have any hols left and can get a Monday off work we could go to Trents "pick a part" in Poole together... I'll buy lunch:bowdown::bowdown:
Cheers Ian

Sounds like a plan, don't think I can do the next couple of weeks but should be able to sort a Monday after that if it helps? I'll have a look when I'm in tomorrow.

Ian G
27th October 2013, 18:21
Sounds like a plan, don't think I can do the next couple of weeks but should be able to sort a Monday after that if it helps? I'll have a look when I'm in tomorrow.

That would work for me too Mark
As I'm off to Norfolk for a few days to help me dear old Mum celebrate her 99th birthday..
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA
27th October 2013, 18:35
If you want anything collected and delivered then Banana Express is at your disposal. See you Friday with Baby Banana.

Reebs
27th October 2013, 19:41
Ian, I have a moonstone green 75 front bumper going begging if you can collect or pony express it away. I bought it as a spare for my car, but then had to have a new one painted and fitted via insurance, so it's been in my garage roof for a couple of years. Not perfect, but if your going to have a respray anyway, it should scrub up well. Work wise I'm a little tied over the next few weeks, but am around tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday or 7th / 8th. If Mark's going your way, he might be able to take it?

No worries if not. I just don't want the hassle or expense of posting it. It's got a towing eye cover on it too ;)

Ian G
27th October 2013, 20:45
Ian, I have a moonstone green 75 front bumper going begging if you can collect or pony express it away. I bought it as a spare for my car, but then had to have a new one painted and fitted via insurance, so it's been in my garage roof for a couple of years. Not perfect, but if your going to have a respray anyway, it should scrub up well. Work wise I'm a little tied over the next few weeks, but am around tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday or 7th / 8th. If Mark's going your way, he might be able to take it?

No worries if not. I just don't want the hassle or expense of posting it. It's got a towing eye cover on it too ;)

Thanks Paul
That is very kind of you and that would be a great help to me as it looks as if it's going to be an expensive rebuild so I'm very grateful for any assistance with parts. If it will fit in my ZT would it work to pick it up on the 18th of November as I will be in your neck of the woods.
Cheers Ian

Reebs
27th October 2013, 20:53
I'll be a zombie after 3 days on the NEC stand, but back home so yes the 18th is fine (as long as it's not first thing) :bed: It should fit in the back of a saloon, do your rear seats fold down? that would be best.

Ian G
27th October 2013, 21:06
It will be late afternoon Paul, I'll call you when I'm close.
Thanks again Ian

TR75
27th October 2013, 21:32
It will be late afternoon Paul, I'll call you when I'm close.
Thanks again Ian

Hi Ian.

Looks like you've been busy!

I am up in your neck of the woods picking up some parts from a Diesel 75 that a breaker is dismantling towards the end of the week.

I will be collecting a bumper and a couple contour alloys so if you find you need either of those (particularly if you find yourself unable to collect from Reebs) you are welcome to what my car sheds (although will be in Midnight Blue).

Can always bring it to the WSM meet, although I understand that is quite a while away from now.

Good Luck.

Ian G
27th October 2013, 21:36
Other THANK YOU'S have to go out to Billy1mate and Trimani who have donated a pair of headlights.. And to stro for his help with a replacement interior.
This one is a keeper so I hope at some stage you will all have a trip in her.
Cheers Ian

Billy1mate
27th October 2013, 21:37

Reebs/Ian, I will be going to Ikea Southampton this week, (day to be decided) happy to collect etc....

Reebs
27th October 2013, 21:43
It's Ian's call, but any of the days I said, would be fine. Mind you, if you bought some stuff at IKEA, there wouldn't be much room left to carry a bumper would there :shrug:

Ian G
27th October 2013, 21:47
Hi Ian.

Looks like you've been busy!

I am up in your neck of the woods picking up some parts from a Diesel 75 that a breaker is dismantling towards the end of the week.

I will be collecting a bumper and a couple contour alloys so if you find you need either of those (particularly if you find yourself unable to collect from Reebs) you are welcome to what my car sheds (although will be in Midnight Blue).

Can always bring it to the WSM meet, although I understand that is quite a while away from now.

Good Luck.

Hi Mate
Got the bumper covered thanks.
Where are you going to get the parts from? If you have a spare contour I'd love one as a full size spare.
Cheers Ian

RPWC
27th October 2013, 22:06
Hi Mate
Got the bumper covered thanks.
Where are you going to get the parts from? If you have a spare contour I'd love one as a full size spare.
Cheers Ian
pm sent Ian

Billy1mate
27th October 2013, 22:24
It's Ian's call, but any of the days I said, would be fine. Mind you, if you bought some stuff at IKEA, there wouldn't be much room left to carry a bumper would there :shrug:

Tactical bumper collection Paul.;)

Ian G
28th October 2013, 15:55

If anyone happens to spot this car and it's safe to have a chat with the driver could you please point them in my direction via the club forum.
Cheers Ian.

Ian G
28th October 2013, 15:59
List of parts required to date is as follows..
Please if anyone can help with cheap (or even better free) parts please PM me... not bothered about colour of panels as it's going to have a respray

Front bumper...Thanks Reebs
crash beam
headlights x 2...Thanks Billy1mate & Trimani
fan and cowl
washer bottle
slam panel
front loom
power steering res
wing liners x 2
front wings x 2
radiator
air con condenser
intercooler
O/S flitch panel
Sandstone (non wood) steering wheel in VGC

Can I apply for state aid on this one..
Looks like it's going to be a long job
Thanks to stro for his help with a replacement interior

List updated 21/10/13 cheers Ian

beejay
28th October 2013, 18:20
I have a Contour 205/65/15 with a fair few miles left if your interested, FOC

Ian G
28th October 2013, 18:52
I have a Contour 205/65/15 with a fair few miles left if your interested, FOC

Hi Barry PM sent
Cheers Ian

spyder
28th October 2013, 19:27
Not important I know Ian, but I have some sandstone illuminated sun-visors you can have, if the car does not already have them.

Craig

Ian G
28th October 2013, 20:22
Not important I know Ian, but I have some sandstone illuminated sun-visors you can have, if the car does not already have them.

Craig

Thanks Craig
The car does have them fitted but I'm not sure of condition so I may take you up on your kind offer at some stage.
Cheers Ian

RPWC
2nd November 2013, 15:29
Ian, as per phone call, all you need now is the flitch panel, arch liners and steering wheel, everything else has been supplied courtesy of Mofo's shop;)

Ian G
2nd November 2013, 17:38
Ian, as per phone call, all you need now is the flitch panel, arch liners and steering wheel, everything else has been supplied courtesy of Mofo's shop;)
Hi Richard
:shrug:How can I begin to thank you guys in the North East for helping me save this car :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.. One thing is guaranteed.. the car will at some stage make a trip back home as this car and it's twin were first registered in North Newcastle and I'd love to trace it's roots.. :D
Cheers Ian

Ian G
3rd November 2013, 08:38
If anyone can help with supplying wing liners and O/S flitch (number 3 on here) http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001751
please PM mw with cost and location. The flitch doesn't need to be new and if it's cut off just behind the spot welds that join it to the inner wing it will be fine as I can drill out the spot welds and re-use it..
Cheers Ian

Fusilier
3rd November 2013, 09:27
Ian

I am going to get one from here for my Project

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/mg-rover/mg-rover-clf000720-liner-front-wheelarch/

Stu

Ian G
10th November 2013, 15:23
Well "The Flying Banana" has delivered the project car panels etc to me in Dorset after what must be a 75 & ZT club pony express world record trip of 914 miles. Essex - Newcastle - Essex - Dorset - Essex..
Once again my thanks go to my North East mates Richard, Chris & Lee for their help in sourcing the parts for me and also to Bob for being the best mate a man could wish for..
I am not worthy

:bowdown::bowdown::D:D:bowdown::bowdown:

As for the car itself I hope to get it over the pit next week and have a good look around it to see if there are any other surprises for me..
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA
10th November 2013, 15:43
You are more than welcome Ian. Will the car be ready in time for the national?

RPWC
10th November 2013, 15:47
Seconded by me, Bob you are a legend:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, hope to see you again next weekend;)

FLYING BANANA
10th November 2013, 16:08
Seconded by me, Bob you are a legend:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, hope to see you again next weekend;)
Thanks Richard. Hope to to see you soon.

MG Tom
10th November 2013, 21:51
Blimey Steve ( ;) ) that's quite some commitment to the cause! Great stuff :)

Ian G
28th December 2013, 16:26
Well at last I've had a day on the 75
But bloomin camera decides to stop working so no pics..
On closer inspection the off side chassis leg had gone across about 35mm so absolutely nothing lined up but after a few hours with my specialist tools which consisted of a sledge hammer a length of scaffold pipe and various pieces of wood it's now within a 5mm of being OK this is after one fitting so I'm pretty happy..
If the camera decides to start working I'll get a couple of pics tomorrow..
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA
28th December 2013, 17:22
She'll be nice when "Poppy" is finished Ian. Looking forward to seeing her again in the New Year.

Ian G
29th December 2013, 15:45
A couple of pics I hope !! in no particular order

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ncfc1950/75%20restration/f051a06a-a25a-40c3-ab13-189951dc1950_zps8a6f4a94.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/media/75%20restration/f051a06a-a25a-40c3-ab13-189951dc1950_zps8a6f4a94.jpg.html)
Having the correct tools always helps & straightened leg gets a coat of Solar Red
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ncfc1950/b5b5eb7b-e338-421e-bc84-b18c829627fe_zps938fd935.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/media/b5b5eb7b-e338-421e-bc84-b18c829627fe_zps938fd935.jpg.html)
First mock up for panels after getting her straight

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ncfc1950/75%20restration/d87999f5-e6c5-4129-bce2-45988de298ca_zpsfff159a0.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/media/75%20restration/d87999f5-e6c5-4129-bce2-45988de298ca_zpsfff159a0.jpg.html)
Flitch and chassis in primer.. chassis leg had moved across 35mm and flitch was completely crushed and had to be replaced

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ncfc1950/75%20restration/cdcf1a75-9bbc-466c-8fa2-0bea128392da_zps4ea138fd.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ncfc1950/media/75%20restration/cdcf1a75-9bbc-466c-8fa2-0bea128392da_zps4ea138fd.jpg.html)
Think I may need a new one !!!

29th December 2013, 17:34
Those boot mat supports are very easy to DIY, all it needs is a large sheet from B&Q and a few hours alone with a jigsaw. I'm not sure how much it is to buy another so it may not be worth the effort if a replacement is under a tenner or so.

spyder
29th December 2013, 17:53
Those boot mat supports are very easy to DIY, all it needs is a large sheet from B&Q and a few hours alone with a jigsaw. I'm not sure how much it is to buy another so it may not be worth the effort if a replacement is under a tenner or so.

I remade one for the 45 out of 9mm Ply-wood, although harder to work with it is far better than MDF in the long run.

Having said that Ian, I will have a look for one tomorrow as well, I got your Pm about the locks. My wife said smileys are fine thanks...:Snow:

Ian G
3rd February 2014, 07:11
Hi Just an update
There is some good and bad news
Good news is that the car now runs and drives, chucked out loads of soot on initial start up that I guess is down to the intercooler problem that the car had when I bought it but it is decreasing all the time, just the panels to do a final fit on and those odd jobs that take for ever then it needs paint.
Bad news is that It's obvious that I'll run out of time before I finish. I have to vacate my workshop space soon and have nowhere to put the car so it looks as if it will be for sale. I'm really gutted as I feel I am letting down all those who have helped with parts etc let alone the hours and the £100s of cash that I have spent on it but I'm moving soon and needs must..
It would break my heart to see it go for spares so I'm hoping that some one will take it on.
Cheers Ian

FLYING BANANA
3rd February 2014, 07:37
That's a shame Ian. Hopefully some kind soul on here will carry on the good work. Really wanted to see "Poppy" back on the road where she belongs. Wish I had room to take her on but alas no.

tareim
3rd February 2014, 21:23
Will you not have anywhere to put it after you move? As surely someone could hold it for you while you sort the move out etc

blackrain
3rd February 2014, 22:31
Well done saving her sir! its so good to see.....if ever there was a candidate for breaking that was a likely one....excellent.

shiner
3rd February 2014, 22:35
Hi Just an update
There is some good and bad news
Good news is that the car now runs and drives, chucked out loads of soot on initial start up that I guess is down to the intercooler problem that the car had when I bought it but it is decreasing all the time, just the panels to do a final fit on and those odd jobs that take for ever then it needs paint.
Bad news is that It's obvious that I'll run out of time before I finish. I have to vacate my workshop space soon and have nowhere to put the car so it looks as if it will be for sale. I'm really gutted as I feel I am letting down all those who have helped with parts etc let alone the hours and the £100s of cash that I have spent on it but I'm moving soon and needs must..
It would break my heart to see it go for spares so I'm hoping that some one will take it on.
Cheers Ian

Ian if you can get it to Wokingham I can make room until your ready. Or finish her for you
Andy

Poggit
3rd February 2014, 22:57
Ian, probably of no help at all as I live in East Lancs but I do have a spare o/s front wing in fine nick I'm happy to donate-one for the pony express maybe? :shrug: