PDA

View Full Version : Meet in Oxord area?

Glyndwr
8th November 2013, 16:53
Just joined so would be interested to meet other Rover 75 owners in the Oxford area. Anyone want to get in touch?

Trophy Blue Tourer
8th November 2013, 17:27
Nearest regular meet to you is probably the one over here in Milton Keynes!! next one booked is Dec 15th for an xmas meal! you will find the meets listed in the regional event forum and if you post on there I'm sure Petetourer the Regional Sec will welcome you !

I'll do that in fact!!:D - it's a very friendly group we have meeting over here and on that occasion we have people coming down from the Coventry area and surrounds to join us! - actualy we have people coming from all over to all the meets here!

HTH?

Andy

Glyndwr
8th November 2013, 17:45
Hi, Andy. I saw the Dec 15th Xmas meet but it clashes with a prior appointment - at the moment. Maybe I can juggle things.

I live just outside Oxford, so if anyone would like to get in touch in my area, please don't hesitate.

TimG
15th November 2013, 07:41
I'm also new here and an aspiring 75 owner in north Oxford, hoping to join the ranks over the next year.

Tim

Glyndwr
15th November 2013, 07:58
Then conspire and aspire with me, Tim. Happy to meet any time. I'm in Stanton St John.

You could send me contact details by PM.

TimG
15th November 2013, 20:13
PM sent! Hopefully we can find a mutually convenient time.

Tim

Typhoon190
16th November 2013, 15:47
I'm only a little way down the road, just need to think of a suitable venue. :}

Glyndwr
16th November 2013, 15:53
Let's hope this gets other locals in the mood for an informal meet up. There are plenty of decent pubs around Oxford.

So, if you live anywhere near Oxford, let's hear from you.

gavinwhitwell
20th November 2013, 10:29
I'm in Wokingham, which is not a million miles from Oxford if a meet comes along...

Reebs
20th November 2013, 10:38
I may even be tempted to wiz up the A34 if the date suits. Member JEK lives Oxford way and has a Lagoon ZT-T which I have always wanted to get along side my ZT saloon for a photo op. I wonder if he would be up for a meet?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/6094dda960fa55b8.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/IMG_0987.jpg

victorgte
24th November 2013, 21:40
I may live near Cheltenham but I make regular trips along the A40 to Abingdon near Oxford to see my Daughter.

Happy to travel to a meet sometime.

TimG
10th December 2013, 20:57
I now own a 75 - so in a better position to contribute something to a meet-up!

Tim

brrm
10th December 2013, 23:21
I now own a 75 - so in a better position to contribute something to a meet-up!

Tim

Another Oxford-ite checking in. I deny all responsibility for Tim obtaining a 75... ;)

Glyndwr
10th December 2013, 23:53
Good news! How about Sunday, The Talk House pub, Stanton St John? (cheating a bit because it's just up the road from me ...)

TimG
11th December 2013, 12:47
I'm unfortunately busy Sunday evening, and find it difficult to commit to Sunday daytime at the moment due to family ill health and not being sure what the situation will be over the weekend. Sorry not to be able to be more positive - it sounds like a good idea, I'm just not in the best position to commit at the moment!

Tim

coupelover
24th February 2014, 23:47
Hi, anymore news on this thread?
I live near Abingdon and would like to meet some fellow enthusiasts.

Woof25
25th February 2014, 10:30
Not sure how far people might want to venture for a meet, its nice if its pretty local of course but for many of us it means travelling some distance, There is likely to be a meet in May in St Albans and there is another in Leatherhead on March 16th a very nice pub and a really affable organizer, so if you enjoy a run out and meeting like minded people you will be very welcome

Typhoon190
25th February 2014, 19:59
Trying to find a nice local pub with decent car park.

There are a couple in Weston on the Green if they are of any interest?

The Chequers, and Black sheep.

I could approach the landlord to see if they would be ok with us using there venue?

http://chequerswestonthegreen.co.uk/

http://www.blacksheepweston.co.uk/news/

coupelover
25th February 2014, 22:48
Maybe trying somewhere closer to the centre of the county would make it easier for some to make it, perhaps closer to Oxford or Abingdon (the home of real MG's lol). I can't think of any suitable pubs off the top of my head, and we certainly don't want to go into the centre of Oxford, but the outskirts are about central between Bicester and Abingdon and is easy to get to if you live further out in any direction.
There is a pub in Abingdon called the Magic Midget, just down the road from the original works, would seem a good location and very apt. Trouble is it's a gastropub and the car park isn't very big.
This isn't easy is it!

TimG
26th February 2014, 11:20
Weston is within easy reach for me, and I'd do my best to make it if it was a time I was around. Count me interested!

Tim

coupelover
27th February 2014, 22:28
Looks like everyone who's interested is on your side of the county Ben, so count me in.

Typhoon190
1st March 2014, 22:23
We can move around venue's throughout the year perhaps Dale, try and make it easily accessable for as many as possible.

I'll try and organise with the Chequers pub for this first one. How does Sunday 30/03 suit people if this a go? :}

coupelover
4th March 2014, 22:28
Sounds good to me mate.

Glyndwr
12th March 2014, 12:54
Weston or Abingdon are OK for me but I'll need a couple of weeks notice as I'm the regular chauffeur for my son on Sundays to his tennis tournaments.

brrm
12th March 2014, 13:28
We can move around venue's throughout the year perhaps Dale, try and make it easily accessable for as many as possible.

I'll try and organise with the Chequers pub for this first one. How does Sunday 30/03 suit people if this a go? :}

Works for me! It's in the diary, will do my best to make it if it happens!

Typhoon190
12th March 2014, 18:12
I'll do my best to contact them by the weekend to see if they're happy for us to use there facilities. :}

woolleysox
14th March 2014, 17:12

Hi Ben you may have a problem with 30th march its mothers day:eek: and most pubs will be chocka block :getmecoat:

good luck

Rob

Typhoon190
16th March 2014, 12:38
Ooops. I'll think up another date. Ta. :duh:

JEK
21st March 2014, 13:20
Hi, anymore news on this thread?
I live near Abingdon and would like to meet some fellow enthusiasts.

Hi,
An opportunity to meet up is coming your way on Sunday, 1st of JUNE at the Oxfordshire MG Owners Club annual event, MGs IN THE PARK.
Have a look at the post I have just submitted to the Midlands events section for full details.
Many members have taken advantage of the FREE park entry (car and Driver) at past events. There was a large contingent of 75's and ZTs at last year's event.
There are pictures from last year's event if you search back the post from last year.

john493
26th May 2014, 20:30
I'll try to make it on 1st June :D

woolleysox
1st June 2014, 07:03
Hi john great venue been several time always had a super time great family day out Manor house,animals,gardens &. Almost forgot cars as well:duh:

Join us you should enjoy it.

Rob

Vinylwasp
22nd June 2014, 19:53
I'll do my best to contact them by the weekend to see if they're happy for us to use there facilities. :}

Just found this thread and would be very keen to attend a Southern Central event. Newbury based so a short drive North would be no problem.

cheers

Mal001
15th February 2015, 20:09
Im in Swindon, so an Oxford meet is good for me too.

aggro64
23rd July 2015, 18:14
just got me a facelift 75 saloon. A few niggles I live in Abingdon so would be up for meets etc.

lee