PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S4 or Sony Z1??

jonathan63
27th November 2013, 17:32
My contract is up and I need to upgrade.
Current phone is a Galaxy 2 and the previous one a Sony c902: both great phones.

Ill be using it as a phone, text, email, satnav, camera and video. I might start social media and syncing to Outlook too.

So which do you recommend??

Avulon
27th November 2013, 17:43
My contract is up and I need to upgrade.
Current phone is a Galaxy 2 and the previous one a Sony c902: both great phones.

Ill be using it as a phone, text, email, satnav, camera and video. I might start social media and syncing to Outlook too.

So which do you recommend??

It's a minefield isn't it, just gone through the upgrade decision process myself. If money wasn't important I think I'd have gone for either the s4 or the Nexus 5 (16GB). As it is my needs are a lot lighter as a 'light' user and my budget tight. After toying with the idea of the s3 mini I ended up ordering the Motorola Moto G which seems to have brilliant reviews everywhere (for it's price).

MrDoodles
27th November 2013, 18:09
Have you looked at a HTC One? :shrug:

doopydug
27th November 2013, 19:44
I have a Nexus and an HTC one - have to say the HTC is just the best phone ever, in my opinion - and the sound through those speakers ! AWESOME

Simondi
27th November 2013, 22:11
To be honest I think a lot depends on what you're used too.
I have used Sony for years and currently have an SP1 and am really happy with it and would certainly upgrade to another Sony
My brother uses Samsung and has an S3 and he is going to upgrade to an S4.

Neither of us want to change brands - how sad is that!!

greendriver
27th November 2013, 22:28
Happy with my s4 and it "talks" to my Samsung tablet. Downloaded Poweramp for the music

persuer
5th December 2013, 23:05
As I have a lot of dealings with mobile phones I would personally go for the Sony Z1 or HTC One.:xmas-smiley-017:

MangoMan
5th December 2013, 23:10
I would go for the Sony Xperia Z purely as you can install a Micro sd. Card whereas you are stuck with the internal memory with the HTC...

DaveyC
6th December 2013, 05:58
I would go for the Sony Xperia Z purely as you can install a Micro sd. Card whereas you are stuck with the internal memory with the HTC...

My S4 has micro SD too. also running Android 4.4 KitKat and its blisteringly fast....... its all down to personal choice.

:xmas-smiley-028:

Kiltman
6th December 2013, 07:10
I have an HTC One which I am more than happy with, 26gb useable storage is plenty for me.
I have just bought a Motorola Moto G for my son for Xmas from Tesco for the incredible price ( with code) of £89!

dissy1810
6th December 2013, 10:41
I went from an iPhone 4 to a galaxy s3 the only thing I didn't like was the screen, you couldn't see it in the sunlight, I now have a HTC one and I love it great build quality and a great screen

Brett74
6th December 2013, 19:51
I have an Xperia S that runs out in march but i've almost decided on an HTC One Nokia 1020 keeps popping into my head :icon_lol:

tjohnwez
15th December 2013, 22:55
I have the Nokia 1020 - fantastic phone.:smiley:

SideValve
16th December 2013, 11:57
Certainly worth having a look at the new Nokias. Best sat nav, well built, nice interface. There are a couple of irritations with such as the iplayer app not offering downloads but I reckon they'll get sorted out not their market share is gaining momentum.

blowncrv
16th December 2013, 19:48
Currently have a Sony T but my OH has the HTC One,cracking phones,both of them but I might go to HTC when I upgrade or the Nexus 5.

steveharvey2001
31st December 2013, 14:25
I have had my Sony Xperia Z (not Z1) for 9 months now and would recommend it. Obviously now the Z1 has launched which is about 10% larger.

I made a mistake when ordering a nice leather case for my Z .... but bought one for a Z1 instead which is obvously too big and does not fit !

If anyone has a Z1 and is interested, it is yours for £3 incl 1st class postage (payment via Paypal). also Includes 2 screen protectors.

See pic...