PDA

View Full Version : Headlight bulb again!

hayabusa
26th February 2008, 19:51
Hello everyone, i have just tried to change my dipped beam bulb on the passenger side of me zt. Took the access panel off in the wheel arch liner and found that i still cant get to the bulb due to what looks like a plastic duct of some sort in the way. Any ides anybody? cheers John.

JAS 495
26th February 2008, 19:57
i changed mine the other day too, need to be a flippin contorsionist! just about did it, took about half an hour, and i must have lost about three pints of blood, but its done, good luck!

Jules
26th February 2008, 20:03
Don't fret !!!
Changing bulbs on a Golf Mk1V is major surgery.
75 bulb change is a mere bagatelle job in comparison ;)

ikorodu
26th February 2008, 20:08
Hello everyone, i have just tried to change my dipped beam bulb on the passenger side of me zt. Took the access panel off in the wheel arch liner and found that i still cant get to the bulb due to what looks like a plastic duct of some sort in the way. Any ides anybody? cheers John.

Engine out job I'm afraid:laughing2: :laughing2:

Got mine to do, not looking forward to it, but as its a diesel i think its a bit easier, good luck!

rob

Greeners
26th February 2008, 20:18
Series 3 Discovery, is a grill off and headlight out job......

hayabusa
26th February 2008, 20:18
What a pain in the butt! just had a look under the bonnet with a torch, no chance with my shovel hands.I am booked in with lattes on saturday so me thinks it could be a another little job for them.

Simon
26th February 2008, 20:22
The duct in question is the end of the air-intake hose for the manifold airbox. Not much this side of brute force and ignorance will remove that from it's fixing bracket. To be honest, going in through the bonnet would be easier than the wheel arch hatch. You can also try removing the under bumper 'quarter' pannel underneath the car to gain more access but you will need long arms to reach up inside the bumper - still, the air duct will be in the way mostly too.

Sorry, not much help there but at least you know what your up against ;) :)

hayabusa
26th February 2008, 20:25
The duct in question is the end of the air-intake hose for the manifold airbox. Not much this side of brute force and ignorance will remove that from it's fixing bracket. To be honest, going in through the bonnet would be easier than the wheel arch hatch. You can also try removing the under bumper 'quarter' pannel underneath the car to gain more access but you will need long arms to reach up inside the bumper - still, the air duct will be in the way mostly too.

Sorry, not much help there but at least you know what your up against ;) :) They dont mention any of that in the handbook!

Simon
26th February 2008, 20:27
One of the many benefits of being in this Club ;) :D

Jules
27th February 2008, 10:39
Anyone had to replace a Xenon yet ?
What's involved and what is their usual service life?

Westfield or 75
27th February 2008, 18:25
The air intake is located on a hook, find the plastic "trumpet" on the end, hold it and push it upwards and unhook it, there should be enough room to do the bulb then.

hayabusa
27th February 2008, 18:34
Thanks everyone for the replies i will have another look tomorrow . John