PDA

View Full Version : POL or Heritage Motor Centre

Gate Keeper
1st December 2013, 08:31
Christopher how are you doing?

It is several months before the National Meeting and as such, I was wondering if you had thought of presenting OVP to either the POL or the meeting at Gaydon or both? I read on another thread that Sean Car had offered a full body spray for nothing except for the cost of the paint. If this is correct, maybe it is opportunity for you to consider. If there are logistical problems with this, I suspect there are resourceful members in the club who could be called upon to help.

It would be lovely if OVP and the surviving S reg cars were able to come together for a photo shoot at Gaydon given the place these cars have in the history of MGR. I believe the launch cars will be celebrating the event. Can we make it happen also for the pre-launch ones as well :)

I am hoping you will be able to find the time to get back to us about OVP as there is still a lot of interest in the car and this is why I have posted this up instead of sending you a private message. Positive thoughts ;)

Regards

Phil

pab
1st December 2013, 08:43
Totally agree Phil, it would be a nice occasion for an outing of the car. No matter how the car is presentation wise, it always manages to attract attention.

Your location looks exotic Phil, hope your back in London and attending the weekend, it would be nice to catch up.

Christopher
1st December 2013, 23:29
Phil, I will respond privately because experience tells me that whatever I write gets taken the wrong way by each of the different camps. Suffice it to say I am not opposed to your idea, I think its a good just need to talk practicalities etc.

Best

Christopher

:Santa5:

Gate Keeper
2nd December 2013, 08:51
Totally agree Phil, it would be a nice occasion for an outing of the car. No matter how the car is presentation wise, it always manages to attract attention.Your location looks exotic Phil, hope your back in London and attending the weekend, it would be nice to catch up.

Thanks for your support Paul. The point you make on how the car is presented, is of course an important one and on reflection I think that even if it was not up to scratch, that in itself can be considered as part of OVP's ongoing restoration.

Even though Kenya and South Africa has its problems Paul, I count my blessings being able to write from such a lovely location. I am back in March and looking forward to catching up with you. It was fun to see Paul, Andrew and yourself in one of the recent photos of OVP. It is amazing to see how many people have been involved in the car over the years :xmas-smiley-008:

Gate Keeper
2nd December 2013, 09:05
Phil, I will respond privately because experience tells me that whatever I write gets taken the wrong way by each of the different camps. Suffice it to say I am not opposed to your idea, I think its a good just need to talk practicalities etc.

Best

Christopher

:Santa5:

Christopher given what you have said, it will be good to talk through the logistics/practical issues for OVP. I look forward to hearing from you privately. Thanks for getting back to me :xmas-smiley-019:

Kind regards

Phil

Woof25
2nd December 2013, 18:05
:bed::bed::bed::bed:I didnt realize I was part of a camp !! Oh well you learn something new every day if you are lucky, troulble is a one fact comes in another falls out of the old hard drive LOL, can we have normal smilies back please

Reebs
2nd December 2013, 18:20
Normal smilies are still there, the festive ones are just at the top of the list :icon_lol:

Gate Keeper
2nd December 2013, 18:45
:bed::bed::bed::bed:I didnt realize I was part of a camp !! Oh well you learn something new every day if you are lucky, troulble is a one fact comes in another falls out of the old hard drive LOL, can we have normal smilies back please

If you wish to express apathy Mike, there are other threads still open for you to do so. You are welcome to pm me about this :)

seancar
3rd December 2013, 21:25
i can put a stop to it all i have 150 quid for ovp i will stack it and strip it and sell the parts to club members only at cut down price so they can keep there cars up to scratch and at least ovp will be going to do some good to all and not wasting away. :biggrinsanta:

Markj
3rd December 2013, 21:33
i can put a stop to it all i have 150 quid for ovp i will stack it and strip it and sell the parts to club members only at cut down price so they can keep there cars up to scratch and at least ovp will be going to do some good to all and not wasting away. :biggrinsanta:

Good shout Sean.

Dorset Bob
3rd December 2013, 22:06

Good shout Sean.

Really?
I think that these quips about destroying rare versions of these cars are starting to wear very thin.

seancar
3rd December 2013, 22:19
Really?
I think that these quips about destroying rare versions of these cars are starting to wear very thin.

and just leaving it after all this time is not destroying it,the whole ovp thing is a joke, real world that car should and could be in show room condition by now and the clubs show piece. the way things are going it will be a rare pile of rust before you know it. quips its not a quip its the truth, either do it once and for all and do it right or sell it to some one who will or break it up and let people get there very rare cars up to scratch. with the parts on the car most are pre project i know as supplied loads of them. sorry but whos destroying a rare car not me and i dont think its the other members

Gate Keeper
4th December 2013, 04:57
and just leaving it after all this time is not destroying it,the whole ovp thing is a joke, real world that car should and could be in show room condition by now and the clubs show piece. the way things are going it will be a rare pile of rust before you know it. quips its not a quip its the truth, either do it once and for all and do it right or sell it to some one who will or break it up and let people get there very rare cars up to scratch. with the parts on the car most are pre project i know as supplied loads of them. sorry but whos destroying a rare car not me and i dont think its the other members

Hi Sean

Thank you for your private message. It was good to hear from you :)

It was really very kind of you to have offered to do a respray for OVP in the other thread. I believe you had made the offer in good faith of doing the job for free except for the cost of the paint. When I have heard back from Christopher and if the offer is still available, I am hoping that things can move on ahead for the good of the car.

I had started this thread with one intention only (not to win another friend or to win brownie points) and that is to try and see what can be done to help Christopher to get the project finished or to get it to the POL all be it unfinished. I expected some negative posts. People have a right to free expression and so far everyone has been polite. We would all like to see closure for the project. I am hoping that the car can be saved from rotting away.

Gate Keeper
4th December 2013, 05:06
Really?

Hi Bob

More positive views welcomed :)

windrush
4th December 2013, 08:19
I am sorry but I think this has gone on far too long now the club should cut it loses

:christmas:

Gate Keeper
4th December 2013, 12:42
As Christopher replied in post no 3 to my opening post, can a moderator please close this thread? There are other threads about OVP still open, should anyone else want to add their thoughts about the car :)

Thank you!

Dorset Bob
4th December 2013, 12:57
Hi Bob

More positive views welcomed :)

Hi Phil,
Point taken.
It was not to be meant to be a dig at Sean. I do not have any issues with cars being broken for spares, as it keeps others on the road.
I just feel that rare examples, such as this car, limos etc should try to be preserved, if possible.
Sorry if I came across abrupt.
Cheers,
Bob

pab
4th December 2013, 13:14
I am sorry but I think this has gone on far too long now the club should cut it loses

:christmas: Club cut it's losses, I don't understand what your saying. What are you proposing should be done?

Gate Keeper
4th December 2013, 13:23
Hi Phil,
Point taken.
It was not to be meant to be a dig at Sean. I do not have any issues with cars being broken for spares, as it keeps others on the road.
I just feel that rare examples, such as this car, limos etc should try to be preserved, if possible.
Sorry if I came across abrupt.
Cheers,
Bob

I should have said 'more positive views like your welcomed' lol
Sean really has a big heart and I am certain he would not have been offended.

Bob, I agree with you about preserving the marque and the heritage. Can you imagine that not in the too distant future, the S reg cars could become obsolete as the numbers dwindle with age and for other reasons. Even the launch cars could be under threat. Here is an opportunity to work something out for OVP even if it is not the holy grail, it still is worth saving. My car is older than OVP and I am still doing my best to keep it on the road with help and advice from fellow members. Thanks guys :xmas-smiley-008:

I am going to kick my soap box away :)

windrush
4th December 2013, 15:07
Club cut it's losses, I don't understand what your saying. What are you proposing should be done?

Now what do you think

:christmas:

James.uk
4th December 2013, 15:29
I have never been able to understand why OVP was chosen in the first place, as it is a very very basic model, and not one I would ever have wanted to buy, even in tip top condition. :icon_sad:

Logically, for the club flagship, I would have thought we would have chosen the type of car we put on the NEC stand, i.e. an unusual coloured top of the range car with every conceivable extra, coz a car like that everyone would want! innit.. :xmas-smiley-029: :xmas-smiley-016: :D
If Sean still fancies doing a free spray job, I would like my car done in two tone white please.. heh heh... :xmas-smiley-040:

MrDoodles
4th December 2013, 15:47
Logically, for the club flagship, I would have thought we would have chosen the type of car we put on the NEC stand, i.e. an unusual coloured top of the range car with every conceivable extra, coz a car like that everyone would want!

For once we agree James! ;)

pab
4th December 2013, 15:59
Now what do you think

:christmas: No idea.. Tell me what you think.

Duotone
4th December 2013, 16:02
As Christopher replied in post no 3 to my opening post, can a moderator please close this thread? There are other threads about OVP still open, should anyone else want to add their thoughts about the car :)

Thank you!

Closed at OP's request.

Dave T