PDA

View Full Version : Pol weekend

keithybhoy
7th December 2013, 20:39
Is anybody up here going to the POL + national weekend next year. Would be nice to get a convoy on the go :) :)

Simondi
7th December 2013, 21:34
Its unlikely at the moment however I would love to go and would be up for a convoy

Graham1961
7th December 2013, 21:34
Is anybody up here going to the POL + national weekend next year. Would be nice to get a convoy on the go :) :)

If i'm off then, i would be up for that.

FLYER
7th December 2013, 21:47
At the moment its being considered :icon_lol:

trikey
7th December 2013, 22:04
At the moment its being considered :icon_lol:

Bring Stovies :)

FLYER
7th December 2013, 22:08
Bring Stovies :)Your addicted you are .:shocked::icon_lol:

Yella Fella
8th December 2013, 06:22
I have my name down as a maybe.

If I'm going it looks like i'll be heading down to the POL early on the Saturday morning, staying one night for the National Meet on the Sunday and home after that.

keithybhoy
8th December 2013, 19:42
I think im gonna make a weekend of it,fire down on the friday and back on the monday. Iv missed the whole of this year so plan on making the most of next :) :)

FLYER
8th December 2013, 21:10
I have my name down as a maybe.

If I'm going it looks like i'll be heading down to the POL early on the Saturday morning, staying one night for the National Meet on the Sunday and home after that.I am thinking along the same lines.

AldoR
16th December 2013, 22:05
We are hopeful of going all down to money & work near the time:Snow:

windrush
17th December 2013, 09:15
We are hopeful of going all down to money & work near the time:Snow:

Be good to see you again Aldo its been a while

:christmas:

keithybhoy
4th February 2014, 10:46
This is getting closer now,is there any plans of a convoy of any sort or a meeting point on the sat mornin. Im booking my hotel at the end of this month (might be in birmingham by the time i get round to it lol) so just want to know what we are all doing lol :} :}

buzzardjohn
4th February 2014, 18:41
what date is the national meet anybody

windrush
4th February 2014, 19:14
what date is the national meet anybody

The day after the POL which is April the 13th

buzzardjohn
4th February 2014, 19:29
thanks for that i think all Scottish members are in bed

keithybhoy
11th February 2014, 21:27
Lookin forward to both :} :}

buzzardjohn
12th February 2014, 18:38
anybody going to pol Birmingham just booked up innkeepers lodge for sat sun backup road monday good rates two people two nights £91.00

woolleysox
12th February 2014, 19:14
This is getting closer now,is there any plans of a convoy of any sort or a meeting point on the sat mornin. Im booking my hotel at the end of this month (might be in birmingham by the time i get round to it lol) so just want to know what we are all doing lol :} :}
We will have a local convoy from KFC junction 10 m6 south you area welcome to join us see post in midlands meets for info

Hotel the village Walsall WS28TJ. 02030278675

Hope that helps

Rob

KFC car park 100 yards away from hotel not sure of rates though :shrug:

keithybhoy
12th February 2014, 22:36
anybody going to pol Birmingham just booked up innkeepers lodge for sat sun backup road monday good rates two people two nights £91.00

Aye mate im goin down on the friday back on monday. Gonna make a long weekend of it.
do u have a link for the digs u booked :} :}

keithybhoy
12th February 2014, 22:37
We will have a local convoy from KFC junction 10 m6 south you area welcome to join us see post in midlands meets for info

Hotel the village Walsall WS28TJ. 02030278675

Hope that helps

Rob

KFC car park 100 yards away from hotel not sure of rates though :shrug:

cheers mate il check it out :} :}

AldoR
13th February 2014, 18:37
Be good to see you again Aldo its been a while

We decided to go to the pol/national meet this year so all booked in now Derek we will see you there, hopefully a few fellow members from north of the border will also make the journey.:}
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/scan0001_zps6dd36136.jpg?t=1392233414

windrush
13th February 2014, 19:55
We decided to go to the pol/national meet this year so all booked in now Derek we will see you there, hopefully a few fellow members from north of the border will also make the journey.:}
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/scan0001_zps6dd36136.jpg?t=1392233414

Looking forward to it Aldo

keithybhoy
14th February 2014, 08:29
wot time u planning on leaving on the friday aldo. im going down friday too :) :)

AldoR
14th February 2014, 20:22
wot time u planning on leaving on the friday aldo. im going down friday too :) :)
Time for heading down am flexible just let us know however its still early with the possibility of more members going lets see what happens ;)

keithybhoy
14th February 2014, 20:31
Phoned the hotel today and still plenty of rooms so il bd booking up in the morning :} :}

AldoR
14th February 2014, 20:55
Phoned the hotel today and still plenty of rooms so il bd booking up in the morning :} :}
Good stuff.:D

keithybhoy
15th February 2014, 14:52
Room is booked :} :}

AldoR
19th February 2014, 21:35
Anyone else going or thinking of going to the POL / National meet this year?

Bluejon
19th February 2014, 22:06

I see you are booked into the Travelodge Marlbrook Aldo,so are Jan & I,for the whole weekend,What with hopefully a good convoy down,has the makings of a great weekend,looking forward to it even more now.

Regards.

John.

keithybhoy
19th February 2014, 22:36
Dont think that travelodge will of ever been so busy,think half the club will be staying there lol :} :}

parahandy
20th February 2014, 15:11
Anyone else going or thinking of going to the POL / National meet this year?

Parahandy and Mrs are going and booked into Travelodge. We'll see later about the convoy.

AldoR
20th February 2014, 23:43
Parahandy and Mrs are going and booked into Travelodge. We'll see later about the convoy.
Good stuff look forward to seeing you all :}

keithybhoy
21st February 2014, 14:28
so thats 3 of us from up here that we know of going down on the friday then :) :)

AldoR
22nd February 2014, 06:49
I believe so:}

keithybhoy
22nd February 2014, 08:35
I did think there would be more of us:shrug: but there is still plenty of time lol :} :}

windrush
22nd February 2014, 08:48
I did think there would be more of us:shrug: but there is still plenty of time lol :} :}

i would have thought that George may have joined you

buzzardjohn
22nd February 2014, 11:24
travel lodge booked cant leave until 4pm on Friday school run to finish should be down between 8 or 9pm see rest of use down there :}

keithybhoy
22nd February 2014, 21:26
Minted mate :} :}

AldoR
23rd February 2014, 09:06
travel lodge booked cant leave until 4pm on Friday school run to finish should be down between 8 or 9pm see rest of use down there :}

Spot on :}:bowdown: more,more,more

Astraeus
25th February 2014, 22:36
Spot on :}:bowdown: more,more,more

Going to join you at POL and possibly National. Do we have to book/ pay fee fir both. Where can I read more.

Cheers

Chris

AldoR
26th February 2014, 20:38
Going to join you at POL and possibly National. Do we have to book/ pay fee fir both. Where can I read more.

Cheers

Chris
Chris its the right decision, but you knew that before this!:D yise decision.

Astraeus
26th February 2014, 23:15
Chris its the right decision, but you knew that before this!:D yise decision.

Booked for two nights at Travelodge. Not the same one though. Went for the near (6miles) new look travelodge at Birmingham Halesowen. Having stayed in them they are indeed much improved! As I don't drink travel fine as only 6 miles! :getmecoat:

Comfort rules!

(Am I getting old or what?). :D

Chris

Astraeus
26th February 2014, 23:22
Booked for two nights at Travelodge. Not the same one though. Went for the near (6miles) new look travelodge at Birmingham Halesowen. Having stayed in them they are indeed much improved! As I don't drink travel fine as only 6 miles! :getmecoat:

Comfort rules!

(Am I getting old or what?). :D

Chris

Are we taking the Scottish banner with us and booking in together so we are parked up beside each other? Anything we need to do for both?

Chris

FLYER
27th February 2014, 20:49
Are we taking the Scottish banner with us and booking in together so we are parked up beside each other? Anything we need to do for both?

ChrisYou [MUST] show the colours Chris .

You can have my big cross of ST Andrews which goes to every meet i attend.:D

Tim_Burgess
1st March 2014, 22:08
Don't think we'll be making POL this year.

However, I definitely want to go in 2015 as it's the 10th anniversary of MGR closing and we were part of the first rally to support the workers in April 2005.

FLYER
1st March 2014, 22:30
I have decided to concentrate on the Scottish scene from now on so sadly wont be attending .

i have to say when i did attend the POL and national 2 years ago i had a great time .

It,s something i am glad i did as it allowed me to meet members who i had been on here talking to for quite a while.

have a great time everyone and hopefully i will see some of you at Carter Bar and the Anglo/Scottish meet at Gretna .

windrush
2nd March 2014, 08:14
I have decided to concentrate on the Scottish scene from now on so sadly wont be attending .

i have to say when i did attend the POL and national 2 years ago i had a great time .

It,s something i am glad i did as it allowed me to meet members who i had been on here talking to for quite a while.

have a great time everyone and hopefully i will see some of you at Carter Bar and the Anglo/Scottish meet at Gretna .

That's Good news now there will be more bacon for me:D:D:D

PS, We will miss you George

Astraeus
9th March 2014, 22:00

Hi

Well, that's torn it! No POL weekend for me. As some know I work part time for Dundee United and we beat Inverness ICT 5-0 in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup today. (Nice trip and and down the A9 in my pal's Aston Martin Vantage today. Not as comfy as my trusty 75 of course!)

While getting to the semi final is great news....guess when it is? Yip, no POL weekend for me!
Managed to get some money back from Trikey for my Travelodge booking. So not all lost.
Will just have to concentrate on the Scottish Scene too!

Chris

Yella Fella
18th March 2014, 19:06
Im another who cant make it. I was always a possible from the start because my wife and step daughter will be spending some time at Stobo Castle and ive gone and bought a 75 so my funds have greatly reduced :mad: Hopefully the second National will be held in Scotland this year so we will always have this to look forward to in September :}

For those focusing in the Scottish scene, please consider the Glamis Extravaganza and get you names down! Scotland needs your support :D

FLYER
18th March 2014, 21:38
Im another who cant make it. I was always a possible from the start because my wife and step daughter will be spending some time at Stobo Castle and ive gone and bought a 75 so my funds have greatly reduced :mad: Hopefully the second National will be held in Scotland this year so we will always have this to look forward to in September :}

For those focusing in the Scottish scene, please consider the Glamis Extravaganza and get you names down! Scotland needs your support :Dis that a hint ????:D:D

Graham1961
20th March 2014, 11:28
is that a hint ????:D:D

Fancy a trip up to Grantown on Spey April 18th/19th Sat/Sun ???

FLYER
20th March 2014, 13:09
Fancy a trip up to Grantown on Spey April 18th/19th Sat/Sun ???

Pennies too tight I,m afraid.:duh:

keithybhoy
28th March 2014, 08:54
So whats the plans for this for the guys going down on the friday. Should we start sorting out meeting times for the drive down. Are we meeting up with any other regions on the way. I dont know if its only me and you Aldo who are going down from here :):)

AldoR
31st March 2014, 20:16
So whats the plans for this for the guys going down on the friday. Should we start sorting out meeting times for the drive down. Are we meeting up with any other regions on the way. I dont know if its only me and you Aldo who are going down from here :):)
Keith i have sent pm to John AKA Bluejon from the cumbria region as i know he is wanting to meet at tebay services, so ones i get word back il let everyone know:}

keithybhoy
31st March 2014, 20:26
Minted aldo. Il be in the bare bum picking up my mate so wont be to far from you anyway :}:}

Bluejon
31st March 2014, 20:43
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know,been talking to Aldo & will confirm will be at Tebay Services M6 Southbound for 10.00hrs Friday 11th for Convoy to POL,BTW Jan & I are booked into Travelodge [Marlbrook] Bromsgrove for the weekend,which hotel are you Guys booked into.

Regards......John.

AldoR
31st March 2014, 21:21
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know,been talking to Aldo & will confirm will be at Tebay Services M6 Southbound for 10.00hrs Friday 11th for Convoy to POL,BTW Jan & I are booked into Travelodge [Marlbrook] Bromsgrove for the weekend,which hotel are you Guys booked into.

Regards......John.
We also are in the Travelodge [Marlbrook] Bromsgrove Friday to Monday :}

AldoR
31st March 2014, 21:28
Minted aldo. Il be in the bare bum picking up my mate so wont be to far from you anyway :}:}
Think its best you put cloths on it is still a bit cold lol! :drool4:

keithybhoy
2nd April 2014, 09:18
Haha i dont like him that much lol :) :)

keithybhoy
2nd April 2014, 09:20
Hi Guys,

Regards......John.

Yup. Me too :} :}

keithybhoy
6th April 2014, 23:33
Not long now :) :)

AldoR
8th April 2014, 21:30
You want to meet at both well services, around 845am Friday Keith.

Simondi
8th April 2014, 22:17
See you Saturday afternoon chaps

keithybhoy
8th April 2014, 23:48
You want to meet at both well services, around 845am Friday Keith.

Sounds good Aldo. See u there :) :)

Bluejon
9th April 2014, 22:16
Hi Chaps,

My sincere apologies,owing to the fact,a family friend needs a wee hand sorting something out Friday Morning,consequently will not be able to get away before lunchtime,so will not be able to make the arranged meet up at Tebay.

Will nevertheless meet up with you Guy's at the "Lodge" for a wee drinkypoo's or 3,have a good & safe Journey down,see you all Friday,really looking forward to this one.

Cheers Lad's.

John.

keithybhoy
10th April 2014, 22:57
11 am at bothwell is cool aldo,see you there john :) :)

Yella Fella
11th April 2014, 09:25
Have a nice weekend chaps, Sorry I cant be with you. :o

keithybhoy
14th April 2014, 20:09
That was a great weekend that id recomend to anybody for next year. Im just sorting my pics then il get some up,might take a while as iv over 1000 to sift through :) :)

AldoR
14th April 2014, 20:25
Add to the above by Keith, great weekend away and putting names to faces and meeting new friends well recommended and will be on my show list as going in 2015;)

keithybhoy
15th April 2014, 07:41
What time did you make it home for aldo,i left at 10:20pm and was in glasgow for 02:25am and that was with a diversion and 3 40mph lane closers lol. Great to sleep in my own bed :) :)

keithybhoy
15th April 2014, 07:44
Add to the above by Keith, great weekend away and putting names to faces and meeting new friends well recommended and will be on my show list as going in 2015;)

Yeah mine too,need to get more scottish members down next year tho. Great laugh,great weekend an great cars too :} :}

parahandy
15th April 2014, 12:41
What time did you make it home for aldo,i left at 10:20pm and was in glasgow for 02:25am and that was with a diversion and 3 40mph lane closers lol. Great to sleep in my own bed :) :)

Didn't know they made jets in trophy blue! Good to meet you guys, me and Rae had a great time, and just arrived back.

Tim_Burgess
15th April 2014, 13:09
Didn't know they made jets in trophy blue! Good to meet you guys, me and Rae had a great time, and just arrived back.

Back in the days when I had company cars I did the trip from the East end of Glasgow to Bristol in a 2.0i Cavalier in 4h 45m non stop. It's amazing what a good average speed you can keep up on an empty motorway.

keithybhoy
15th April 2014, 14:01

Gav fell a sleep so i was bored and decided to play with a boxter upto the border before he called it quits and fell away in the inside lane lol. Yeah nice to meet you Andy and Rae,and you can let her know the wanes made it home safe lol :} :}

keithybhoy
15th April 2014, 14:03
Back in the days when I had company cars I did the trip from the East end of Glasgow to Bristol in a 2.0i Cavalier in 4h 45m non stop. It's amazing what a good average speed you can keep up on an empty motorway.

Bet the drive down,7 hours and miles of tail backs lol :) :)