PDA

View Full Version : 41st HALFWAY HOUSE MEET Sunday 19th Jan 2014

FLYING BANANA
15th December 2013, 20:13
41st Halfway House Meet
This will be our 41st Halfway House Meet on Sunday 19th January. Noon till whenever.
WEATHER PERMITTING

Sponsored by MJS Auto & Marine
http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk/

FUTURE DATES IN 2014. Feb 16th.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around three years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.

After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The current Meet Reps are Bob Burgess or Paul Woodham so keep an eye out.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden
Wheelchair Access
Disabled Toilet
Baby Changing Facility
Outdoor Children's Play Area
Car Parking 100+ spaces
Debit & Credit Cards accepted
Great Hot Food
Selection of Beers, Wines and Spirits

WEBSITES, MAPS & LINKS

The Halfway house website

Google Map
MG-Rover South East Facebook page

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:

1-FastAlan. Rover BRM
2-Bob. MG ZT. Sunspot Yellow
2b-?. MG TF. Sunspot Yellow. Possible attendee
3-Lauren. MG ZR
4- Woody804. MG ZT
5- Shelley. MG ZS
6-Ziggy ZS. MG ZS
7-Onrae. MG ZS
8-Carla. MG ZTT "Kermit"
9-Jan A-T. MG TF
10- Peter B. MG ZS. Trophy Yellow
11-Dave W. Dodge V8
12-Daytona365. MG ZS. Trophy Yellow
13-Diego. MG ZT
14-Becky. MG ZR
15-Dave B. MG ZTT
16-Coolcat. MG ZTT
17-Leopard680. Rover 75
18-IvortheDJ. MG ZT
19-David75. Rover 75.
20-Rashi. Rover 75 Tourer.
21-Yellow Peril. MG ZT. Trophy Yellow.
22-Royster. MG ZT
23-Woof25. Rover 75 Duo tone.
24-Whitevanman. Rover 75
25-Grandy. Rover 75
26-Beejay. Rover 75
27-Matchless. MG ZT
28-Championdaddy. MG ZTT
29-RobMorris. MG ZTT
30-Simon.jane. Rover 75
31-Lynrdskynrd. MG ZT in Spectre.
32-BilleircayMGxpower. MG ZT
33-Howey. MG ZTT
34-
35-Peter. Rover 75
36-Mark/Emma. MG ZT or MG ZS
37-Davidcarp. Rover 75

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

carlalou
16th December 2013, 19:40
Im looking forward to this one :xmas-smiley-008: By the looks of it, Kermit will be joining me!!

FLYING BANANA
16th December 2013, 20:09
Im looking forward to this one :xmas-smiley-008: By the looks of it, Kermit will be joining me!!
Hi Carla, name already on list. Be nice to meet Kermit again. I'll bring The Flying Banana. Might try and get a friend to bring Baby Banana as well.

coolcat
17th December 2013, 04:31
Guess as I've missed the last two I better put an appearance in:xmas-smiley-018:
Put me down on the list pleas Bob, just got to decide on Sunday Roast in the Pub or an Olympic breakfast in the Little Chef, decisions, decisions:icon_lol:

scorpio stu
17th December 2013, 06:00
Oh ****** I'll be in Marbella :) maybe the next one.

FLYING BANANA
17th December 2013, 07:37
Guess as I've missed the last two I better put an appearance in:xmas-smiley-018:
Put me down on the list pleas Bob, just got to decide on Sunday Roast in the Pub or an Olympic breakfast in the Little Chef, decisions, decisions:icon_lol:
Nice to see you again, name on list.

Oh ****** I'll be in Marbella :) maybe the next one.
Is that a Seat Marbella meet? See you sometime Stu.

scorpio stu
17th December 2013, 08:41
Lol perish the thought bob

Leyland Worldmaster
17th December 2013, 16:01
Hi Bob, please may you add me and Leopardmobile to the list? :)

ivorthedj
17th December 2013, 16:28
I havent been able to attend for a while so please add my name too.. Mm food decisions eh Jeff?

FLYING BANANA
17th December 2013, 18:14
Hi Bob, please may you add me and Leopardmobile to the list? :)
Nice to see you again Stu. Name on list.

FLYING BANANA
17th December 2013, 18:17
I havent been able to attend for a while so please add my name too.. Mm food decisions eh Jeff?
Hi Ivor, name added.

coolcat
17th December 2013, 19:58

It's a tough one isn't it:icon_lol:

david75
17th December 2013, 20:17
I will plan to be there.
David

FLYING BANANA
17th December 2013, 21:10
Ok David. Be nice to see you again.

rashi_g_h
17th December 2013, 21:19
I would like to Join.
Regards
Rashi.

FLYING BANANA
17th December 2013, 21:52
I would like to Join.
Regards
Rashi.

Hi Rashi, we welcome all newcomers. Look for me in the Sunspot Yellow ZT.
Name on list.

yellow peril
18th December 2013, 16:08
Hi Bob, Can you put my name down for this one please mate:xmas-smiley-007:All the very best for Xmas and the New year!!

FLYING BANANA
18th December 2013, 17:39
Hi Bob, Can you put my name down for this one please mate:xmas-smiley-007:All the very best for Xmas and the New year!!
Hi, name on list. Going to be a lot of Yellow there on the day. Will have to get a group photo.

Royster
20th December 2013, 15:19
Bob

Put me on the list as well

regards

Royster

FLYING BANANA
20th December 2013, 15:36
Ok Royster, name on list.

Woof25
23rd December 2013, 11:24
Well Bob you need a duotone to lessen the glare from all that yellow !! :xmas-smiley-018: so woof will be there all things being equal so add him please be nice to catch up with old friends and members

whitevanman
23rd December 2013, 12:34
I'll be up for this one Bob, It'll be either me & the kids or all of us depending on work for H..

FLYING BANANA
23rd December 2013, 13:50
Well Bob you need a duotone to lessen the glare from all that yellow !! :xmas-smiley-018: so woof will be there all things being equal so add him please be nice to catch up with old friends and members

Merry Xmas Mike, name on list.

I'll be up for this one Bob, It'll be either me & the kids or all of us depending on work for H..
Welcome and bring the family, that's what these meets are about. You came once before on two wheels if I re call. Name on the ever growing list.

grandy
28th December 2013, 14:17
can report fully recovered Bob,so pleased to say can you add me to the list can't wait, happy new year to all. need to see Jeff and have a go of his new head unit,----------GARY.

coolcat
28th December 2013, 14:19
can report fully recovered Bob,so pleased to say can you add me to the list can't wait, happy new year to all. need to see Jeff and have a go of his new head unit,----------GARY.

I'll be there Gary and it will be my pleasure Sir:xmas-smiley-018:

Woof25
28th December 2013, 14:39

Great to hear you are back to yourself gary, be great to meet up again if jeff isnt there I can show you my head unit instead:xmas-smiley-018:
:icon_lol:

coolcat
28th December 2013, 14:40
Great to hear you are back to yourself gary, be great to meet up again if jeff isnt there I can show you my head unit instead:xmas-smiley-018:
:icon_lol:

That will be nice......seeing as you both have the same units:xmas-smiley-019:

Woof25
28th December 2013, 14:46
Thought he meant looking at your head unit Jeff

grandy
28th December 2013, 15:05
Thought he meant looking at your head unit Jeff

hi Mike,many thanks for your welcome no what Jeff means is that you and I have the same head unit, but the one in Jeff's car is the latest upgrade unit.am going to upgrade to that one, can't wait to see you all till then ----GARY

Woof25
28th December 2013, 15:09
Ah the mists clear !! well I think I will stick with my unit havent had it more than 5 minutes !! and still playing with it havent worked out how to get my phone to upload my numbers to unit yet maybe jeff will give me a quick demo : pretty please :):xmas-smiley-035:

coolcat
28th December 2013, 15:11
Ah the mists clear !! well I think I will stick with my unit havent had it more than 5 minutes !! and still playing with it havent worked out how to get my phone to upload my numbers to unit yet maybe jeff will give me a quick demo : pretty please :):xmas-smiley-035:

Of course Mike, I shall do that for you:xmas-smiley-018:

Woof25
28th December 2013, 15:13
Ince again Jeff you ride to the Rescue Thanks Muchly !!

beejay
28th December 2013, 15:21
Assuming...............HOPING mine has its new beating heart, I'll venture south Bo

FLYING BANANA
28th December 2013, 15:40

Be nice to see you back Grandy.

Assuming...............HOPING mine has its new beating heart, I'll venture south Bo

Hope you can make It Barry.

Both names added to the ever growing list.

championdaddy
3rd January 2014, 12:08
I'm going to try and get to this one.........just got to find kiddy sitters !!!

RobMorris
3rd January 2014, 12:09
Count me in!
Will be great to meet a few members and see lots of other MGs in the metal together.
Rob

coolcat
3rd January 2014, 12:43
Looking forward to it, I'm going to be busy:xmas-smiley-007:

simon.jane
3rd January 2014, 12:49
We will try to get to is one:trans:

FLYING BANANA
3rd January 2014, 18:49
I'm going to try and get to this one.........just got to find kiddy sitters !!!

Bring the kids with you. The pub is child friendly. Play area outside though. Be nice to see you again.

Count me in!
Will be great to meet a few members and see lots of other MGs in the metal together.
Rob
Lots of MG's plus some Triumphs. Be nice to see you

We will try to get to is one:trans:

Be nice to see new faces.

Just look for me in The Flying Banana. Might even get Baby Flying Banana to attend.

FLYING BANANA
3rd January 2014, 19:00
Names on list. 30 plus coming to our first meet of the year.

Lynyrd Skynner
3rd January 2014, 19:22
If its ok Bob I will make it 31 , may bring the family may not , but me and the Spectre will be there....

FLYING BANANA
3rd January 2014, 19:59
If its ok Bob I will make it 31 , may bring the family may not , but me and the Spectre will be there....

Hi, kids are more than welcome. Be nice to see a very Special car there.

david75
3rd January 2014, 21:00
Lots of MG's plus some Triumphs. Be nice to see you

And some Rovers ! http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

billericaymgxpower
7th January 2014, 10:02
Hi Bob,

I'm sure I will make it so appreciated if you would add me to the list.

Thanks,
Sean

FLYING BANANA
7th January 2014, 13:01
Hi Bob,

I'm sure I will make it so appreciated if you would add me to the list.

Thanks,
Sean
Welcome to the fold, name on list.

Howey
7th January 2014, 18:51

Bob, In that case count me in also...I need another dose of the Spectre ZT as I havent Seen it since MK in September :bowdown:

Mr_Shed
7th January 2014, 19:35
Hi Bob,

After being out of the fold for a while be good to catch up, could you put me down as a maybe, work dependant.

Regards

Tony

FLYING BANANA
7th January 2014, 22:04
Bob, In that case count me in also...I need another dose of the Spectre ZT as I havent Seen it since MK in September :bowdown:
Ok Howie name on the ever growing list.
Hi Bob,

After being out of the fold for a while be good to catch up, could you put me down as a maybe, work dependant.

Regards

Tony
Be nice to see you back Mr Shed, providing work lets you go.

FLYING BANANA
7th January 2014, 22:06
34 names on here plus a few from various other sites. Looks like we could hit the 50 mark. Could do with some more Rovers to attend.

Howey
7th January 2014, 22:36
34 names on here plus a few from various other sites. Looks like we could hit the 50 mark. Could do with some more Rovers to attend.

Could probably do with a bigger car park :}

peter.goodson
9th January 2014, 20:47
Hi Bob

Please could you add me and my wife to the list, we'll be bringing a Rover 75.

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
9th January 2014, 21:24
Hi Bob

Please could you add me and my wife to the list, we'll be bringing a Rover 75.

Many thanks

Peter

Ok Peter now on the ever growing list.

championdaddy
9th January 2014, 21:28
I should definitely be there now. I hope the car park is going to be big enough !!!!!!

FLYING BANANA
9th January 2014, 21:45
I should definitely be there now. I hope the car park is going to be big enough !!!!!!

Ok. That's what I like to hear. Car parks are pretty big.

championdaddy
10th January 2014, 14:28
Can I just ask if there

maybe a little help fitting those orrible switches above the pedals ;)

coolcat
10th January 2014, 15:44
Can I just ask if there

maybe a little help fitting those orrible switches above the pedals ;)

Scraping knuckles time:D

championdaddy
10th January 2014, 15:54
Exactly.... The two switches will be the last bits of the retro cruise install. ... Hopefully then it will work

FLYING BANANA
10th January 2014, 16:24
There will be plenty of willing hands to help.

coolcat
11th January 2014, 11:53
Hi Guys and Girls,

Only a week to go....Yey :D
I'm going to try and get there for 10.00am, a few of you have asked for a bit of assistance with car radio wiring etc and would like to get some done before everyone arrives and lunch etc.
Champion Daddy I will be assisting at 11.30 ish so if anyone wants to be assisted before then please let me know;)

FLYING BANANA
11th January 2014, 11:56
Hi Guys and Girls,

Only a week to go....Yey :D
I'm going to try and get there for 10.00am, a few of you have asked for a bit of assistance with car radio wiring etc and would like to get some done before everyone arrives and lunch etc.
Champion Daddy I will be assisting at 11.30 ish so if anyone wants to be assisted before then please let me know;)
I'll try and get there early as well to pick your brains.

coolcat
11th January 2014, 12:42
I'll try and get there early as well to pick your brains.

Yummy:drool4: brains, go nice with a chianti:D

davidcarp
14th January 2014, 11:51
Hope to make it

FLYING BANANA
14th January 2014, 12:08
Hope to make it

Hi David name on the ever growing list.

We have now had it confirmed that the top car park is ours for the day.

Howey
15th January 2014, 15:39
Hi All,

for anyone heading to the meet from North of the M25 then we have ourselves a mini convoy leaving South Mimms Services at around 11am bound for the Halfway house...

so far there is a ZT in Monogram Spectre, My Silver ZTT and a lovely 75 Conni Tourer in Blue...

all are welcome :}
Lee

championdaddy
15th January 2014, 15:41
Hi All,

for anyone heading to the meet from North of the M25 then we have ourselves a mini convoy leaving South Mimms Services at around 11am bound for the Halfway house...

so far there is a ZT in Monogram Spectre, My Silver ZTT and a lovely 75 Conni Tourer in Blue...

Lee

Add a Trophy Blue ZTT to the list !!! :D:D:D

Howey
15th January 2014, 16:47
thats great, wasnt sure if to ask you as i read you were going to get there earlier for a bit of technical help :duh:

championdaddy
15th January 2014, 16:53
I have arranged with Coolcat to be there around 1130.....so should tie up ok.
So is it the services carpark.....or the petrol station ????

Lynyrd Skynner
15th January 2014, 19:09
Hi All,

Lee

MERCY SAKES ALIVE , LOOKS LIKE WE GOT OURSELVES A CONVOY!!:driving::driving::driving::driving:

Howey
15th January 2014, 20:46
That's a TEN FOUR rubber duck

Howey
15th January 2014, 20:47
I have arranged with Coolcat to be there around 1130.....so should tie up ok.
So is it the services carpark.....or the petrol station ????

Services car park mate.... I will be parked up immediately on the right hand side parking lot

Leyland Worldmaster
15th January 2014, 20:56
...event! The inaugural one was done at Manningtree last year and I really feel it would be the appropriate thing to do at the HH too! Just for fun! :D

rashi_g_h
15th January 2014, 20:58
my saturday is reserved for car cleaning :D
Thank god the Mrs's is working too! Less distractions :D

championdaddy
15th January 2014, 21:03
Services car park mate.... I will be parked up immediately on the right hand side parking lot

Cool beans. ...... see you all Sunday :D

coolcat
15th January 2014, 21:12
...event! The inaugural one was done at Manningtree last year and I really feel it would be the appropriate thing to do at the HH too! Just for fun! :D

I'm up for that Stu!
I'll try and take better photos this time:D

whitevanman
15th January 2014, 21:40
I'm just hoping I can get the springs swopped in time, weather doesn't look good for me :mad::mad:

Howey
15th January 2014, 22:29
Cool beans. ...... see you all Sunday :D

Great stuff ... See you then :}

Ian G
16th January 2014, 19:11
MERCY SAKES ALIVE , LOOKS LIKE WE GOT OURSELVES A CONVOY!!:driving::driving::driving::driving:

Wonder if you will get a wave from a BMW driver this time Steve.
Cheers Ian

championdaddy
17th January 2014, 15:41
Just a heads up for anyone.....ill be bringing a spare set of tourer rear lights along.
I only want £40 for the pair as one lense has a small crack in, still water tight though.

rashi_g_h
18th January 2014, 10:01
Soo Annoyed!!!

Wont be able to put my grid spokes tomorrow as my Tyres will arrive next week :(
Will be coming with standard 15" with winter tyres :(

Now the good new.
Will be washing and cleaning it for tomorrow.
Hopefully it wont rain!

coolcat
18th January 2014, 10:24
Soo Annoyed!!!

Wont be able to put my grid spokes tomorrow as my Tyres will arrive next week :(

Now the good new.
Hopefully it wont rain!

Indeed, fingers crossed for good weather:}
Forecast looks favourable so far;)

whitevanman
18th January 2014, 10:40
Soo Annoyed!!!

Now the good new.
Hopefully it wont rain!

Wait till you see the state of my emergency wheel after the spring took out a front tyre :eek: No time to get it done till next week...

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2014, 11:48
Both of mine will be there tomorrow. My friend Emma is briging The Flying Banana and I'll be in Baby Banana.

coolcat
18th January 2014, 12:32
Both of mine will be there tomorrow. My friend Emma is briging The Flying Banana and I'll be in Baby Banana.

Hope you don't tempt bad weather bringing the rag top out Bob:D:getmecoat:
I shall be there around 10.00ish:}

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2014, 12:53
Hope you don't tempt bad weather bringing the rag top out Bob:D:getmecoat:
I shall be there around 10.00ish:}
Hope to travelling with the top down as it will be sunny.

Mr_Shed
18th January 2014, 13:05
Hi Bob, unfortunately not going be able to make tomorrow due to work.

Hope you all have nice day and hope weather good for you all.

whitevanman
18th January 2014, 13:20
As an aside to the meet I have found 2 genuine MG Rover LPW 100160 oil filters (2.5 V6) not sure if they also fit 2.0 variant..

I'll be bringing them along tomorrow as no good to me anymore..Sob Sob...

£5 for the pair..

First to say yes please on here gets them :)

Probs only at the meet from 12-2ish as the kids will most likely get bored and start driving me nuts ;)

whitevanman
18th January 2014, 13:26
Just edited price, £5 for the pair..

coolcat
18th January 2014, 13:43
Hope to travelling with the top down as it will be sunny.

All I can say is..............wrap up warm because I'm not offering to warm you up when you arrive:eek::D:getmecoat:
I'll buy you a coffee though !

Lynyrd Skynner
18th January 2014, 14:00
My car is all nice and clean , just finished , so expect it to start rain any minute now ! looking forward to tomorrow not been to this meet before .....

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2014, 14:01
Hi Bob, unfortunately not going be able to make tomorrow due to work.

Hope you all have nice day and hope weather good for you all.

Oh! That's a shame. See you next time.

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2014, 14:03
My car is all nice and clean , just finished , so expect it to start rain any minute now ! looking forward to tomorrow not been to this meet before .....

It's a good meet. All types of MG Rovers attend along with a Triumph Spitfire club attend on a Sunday. We are a friendly bunch. I'll be there with both Sunspots.

david75
18th January 2014, 20:41
As an aside to the meet I have found 2 genuine MG Rover LPW 100160 oil filters (2.5 V6) not sure if they also fit 2.0 variant..

I'll be bringing them along tomorrow as no good to me anymore..Sob Sob...

£5 for the pair..

First to say yes please on here gets them :)

Probs only at the meet from 12-2ish as the kids will most likely get bored and start driving me nuts ;)

I'll have them if no-one else has already. I just changed my oil and filter today, but they will be great to have for future times. Thank you.

coolcat
18th January 2014, 20:45
Nighty night all, see you tomorrow :}
Safe journeys folks.

david75
18th January 2014, 20:49
Looking forward to tomorrow. Looks like it will be big. Biggest ever?

I will be in my new (well, new to me 2 weeks ago) 75 2.5 V6.

Please forgive its very unfettled state including bonnet dent and several other bruises. There will be improvements in due course. But I am just looking forward to giving it its first proper drive since I got it. :}

whitevanman
18th January 2014, 21:30
I'll have them if no-one else has already. I just changed my oil and filter today, but they will be great to have for future times. Thank you.

no probs, Just look for the bloke with the 2 blondes and that'll be me :)

FLYING BANANA
18th January 2014, 23:11
Safe journey to all those travelling long distances.

whitevanman
19th January 2014, 06:14
It's only ******* raining :mad: Own up who washed their cars yesterday??

Oh that'll probably be all of us :}:duh::duh:

coolcat
19th January 2014, 06:48

Raining here as well Steve:shrug:
Checked the weather for Brentwood and it's not raining there :}

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2014, 07:19
08.15 and bright but overcast here in this part of Essex.

simon.jane
19th January 2014, 08:02
The sun trying to come out over hear:}

Lynyrd Skynner
19th January 2014, 08:10

Guilty as charged your honour!!:}

billericaymgxpower
19th January 2014, 08:15
Anyone know please if travelling westbound whether there is a entrance on A128 or will I have to travel to m25 and journey eastbound.
Thanks
Sean

david75
19th January 2014, 08:45
Anyone know please if travelling westbound whether there is a entrance on A128 or will I have to travel to m25 and journey eastbound.
Thanks
Sean

Going west on A127 take the A128 north, signposted to Brentwood.

After a couple of hundred yards there is a turning on the left signposted to the Country Park.

Go down there, past the Country Park Entrance, and after a couple of hundred yards you come to the back entrance to the pub car park.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&q=The+Halfway+House&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=halfway+house+brentwood&cid=14892916543610925606&ei=-Z_bUoG-Gsqf0QX35oCIAw&ved=0CKIBEPwSMAs

rashi_g_h
19th January 2014, 09:21
Cloudy here in Herts but no Rain.
Getting ready to meet at South Mimms Services at 11:00. then convoy to Halfway House starting at 11:30ish :D

whitevanman
19th January 2014, 09:26
Been dry here for a while now, overcast though...fingers crossed :}

See you all soon(ish) guys..

billericaymgxpower
19th January 2014, 09:53
Going west on A127 take the A128 north, signposted to Brentwood.

After a couple of hundred yards there is a turning on the left signposted to the Country Park.

Go down there, past the Country Park Entrance, and after a couple of hundred yards you come to the back entrance to the pub car park.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&q=The+Halfway+House&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=halfway+house+brentwood&cid=14892916543610925606&ei=-Z_bUoG-Gsqf0QX35oCIAw&ved=0CKIBEPwSMAs
Thanks David that will save some time. Only live a few miles away but never been there.

simon.jane
19th January 2014, 10:02
The suns out in romford

whitevanman
19th January 2014, 14:16
Bummer, Arrived quick chat and then lunch before it got too busy, 30 mins back outside and the littlest falls into a 4inch deep muddy puddle soaked to the skin and I forgot a change of clothes :duh::duh:

Anyway missed most of you guys, so onward and upward to the next time...

Here's a few snaps I did manage to take..

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse006_zps4690a892.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse006_zps4690a892.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse010_zpsef6c524d.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse010_zpsef6c524d.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse005_zpsdc668409.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse005_zpsdc668409.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse007_zps635a712e.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse007_zps635a712e.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse008_zps2066df3d.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse008_zps2066df3d.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse009_zps1781db12.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse009_zps1781db12.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse011_zps7e5d3890.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse011_zps7e5d3890.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse012_zps0e60b845.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse012_zps0e60b845.jpg.html)

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2014, 15:02
Many thanks to those that came to The Halfway House. 51 cars made the meet including a VW Golf. I'll get some pictures posted once I get home.

Many thanks to Emma, aka Ziggy ZS, who drove the Flying Banana to the meet.

FLYING BANANA
19th January 2014, 15:03
Bummer, Arrived quick chat and then lunch before it got too busy, 30 mins back outside and the littlest falls into a 4inch deep muddy puddle soaked to the skin and I forgot a change of clothes :duh::duh:

Anyway missed most of you guys, so onward and upward to the next time...

Here's a few snaps I did manage to take..

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse006_zps4690a892.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse006_zps4690a892.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse010_zpsef6c524d.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse010_zpsef6c524d.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse005_zpsdc668409.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse005_zpsdc668409.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse007_zps635a712e.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse007_zps635a712e.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse008_zps2066df3d.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse008_zps2066df3d.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse009_zps1781db12.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse009_zps1781db12.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse011_zps7e5d3890.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse011_zps7e5d3890.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd490/tl1000ssteve/halfwayhouse012_zps0e60b845.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl1000ssteve/media/halfwayhouse012_zps0e60b845.jpg.html)

Nice pictures. Hope to see you again.

rashi_g_h
19th January 2014, 16:38
Some pics I did of today

coolcat
19th January 2014, 17:21
Just got back,
Weather was kind to us and what a turn out:bowdown:
I'll stick some pictures up later when I get round to uploading them.
Sorry I missed you Steve, hope the change of clothes was forthcoming at home;)
See you all soon:}
Paul, I'll get that firmware off to you tomorrow Sir !

RobMorris
19th January 2014, 18:43
Sorry I dont have any pics to add but I did enjoy myself meeting some nice chaps.

davidcarp
19th January 2014, 18:52
Thanks Bob. Very enjoyable day.http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3759/12036706506_607392e8a3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036706506/)
Halfway House 19 026 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036706506/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5522/12036237394_09101dfe6b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036237394/)
Halfway House 19 029 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036237394/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2857/12036247764_6cfa47e6cf.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036247764/)
Halfway House 19 028 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036247764/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5514/12036167283_3cfcc78ddd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036167283/)
Halfway House 19 025 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036167283/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5507/12036267924_b541dca14c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036267924/)
Halfway House 19 024 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036267924/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/12036276214_4a770838cf.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036276214/)
Halfway House 19 023 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036276214/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3707/12036736976_90e30af405.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036736976/)
Halfway House 19 022 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036736976/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2834/12036287184_55c2786503.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036287184/)
Halfway House 19 021 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036287184/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3691/12036748906_a2b517e6d5.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036748906/)
Halfway House 19 020 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036748906/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7452/12036302784_6a8a214fa4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036302784/)
Halfway House 19 019 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036302784/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3821/12036311844_ab58172328.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036311844/)
Halfway House 19 018 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036311844/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/12036318924_8edf87f01a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036318924/)
Halfway House 19 017 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036318924/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7290/12036234393_8dd09c1341.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036234393/)
Halfway House 19 016 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036234393/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/12036238373_de3374b037.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036238373/)
Halfway House 19 014 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036238373/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5514/12036337774_2aee940b4d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036337774/)
Halfway House 19 013 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036337774/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5497/12036252453_57c1464edd.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036252453/)
Halfway House 19 012 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036252453/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7358/12036148223_15ac033f94.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036148223/)
Halfway House 19 011 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036148223/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/12035987175_27c0540d7a.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12035987175/)
Halfway House 19 010 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12035987175/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5508/12035994025_e61a844ce8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12035994025/)
Halfway House 19 009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12035994025/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/12036274613_17d38922d2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036274613/)
Halfway House 19 008 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036274613/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2857/12036004815_0f6b0fa8af.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036004815/)
Halfway House 19 007 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036004815/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3732/12036378514_c179d82982.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036378514/)
Halfway House 19 006 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036378514/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7452/12036835256_312bb5b136.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036835256/)
Halfway House 19 005 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036835256/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/12036388994_c68d9d8320.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036388994/)
Halfway House 19 004 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036388994/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7364/12036400154_13639139f6.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036400154/)
Halfway House 19 002 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036400154/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2870/12036861966_b0cf67472c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036861966/)
Halfway House 19 001 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036861966/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/12036026505_3249cf89e7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036026505/)
Halfway House 19 003 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28538027@N05/12036026505/) by David870 (http://www.flickr.com/people/28538027@N05/), on Flickr

Leyland Worldmaster
19th January 2014, 18:52
Good evening all! Was a brilliant meet; great to put more faces to names; brilliant weather too! My Nan asked me to thank all of you for making her feel welcome, and to say that she had a really enjoyable day! :)

Ian G
19th January 2014, 19:14
WOW!! What a turn out glad you had an enjoyable day, I did briefly consider coming along but decided that my time should be spent on "Project Poppy" today...
Bob please note I found the missing temp sensor !!!
Cheers Ian

windrush
19th January 2014, 19:21
Lovely pictures David thanks very much for those

coolcat
19th January 2014, 19:22
Only a few photos as I was otherwise engaged......Food being the main reason:drool4:

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/c27ab224fb4e52b2bbe0e3cdf0660d1f_zps418908b2.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/758f29966307565b148b771bdeaca3a6_zps83b9bcc1.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/d512b631bc99841e19ebd89ebeadd47f_zps5cbadd5a.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/c76b7576c264d10add4a3c4b122c37b5_zps56279cdb.jpg

windrush
19th January 2014, 19:27
Only a few photos as I was otherwise engaged......Food being the main reason:drool4:

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/c27ab224fb4e52b2bbe0e3cdf0660d1f_zps418908b2.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/758f29966307565b148b771bdeaca3a6_zps83b9bcc1.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/d512b631bc99841e19ebd89ebeadd47f_zps5cbadd5a.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jeff3195/c76b7576c264d10add4a3c4b122c37b5_zps56279cdb.jpg

Very nice Jeff well done and thanks

woody804
19th January 2014, 20:05
Well done Bob, Jeff and David, lovely pics.
Paul

david75
19th January 2014, 20:08
excellent afternoon, great turn-out, good pics
thank you

billericaymgxpower
19th January 2014, 20:19
Great to meet fellow members. Weather was kind and some good photos. Looking forward to the next meet.

championdaddy
19th January 2014, 20:30
My first halfway house trip, was nice to see some new faces :D

ivorthedj
20th January 2014, 22:20
What a great meet, and good to catch up with friends and meet some new people.

Andy