PDA

View Full Version : German Engineering!

Simon.h
24th December 2013, 06:45
Hi all,
I was in my garage yesterday doing some work on the ZT and noticed then the bloke next door drove into this drive on full lock and one of the cv joints were clicking.
He's got a 2013 VW Touran, who said Germany engineering was good!
And he works from home half the time.

Plezier
24th December 2013, 07:14
Hi all,
I was in my garage yesterday doing some work on the ZT and noticed then the bloke next door drove into this drive on full lock this cv joint were clicking.

Who said it was made in Germany though>

I'll bet they outsource to make the profits as huge as possible.

topman
24th December 2013, 07:17
Could be made anywhere. Never thought much to VWs anyway, they are ok but nothing more, never understand why they are well thought and command quite high prices.

MrDoodles
24th December 2013, 08:53
Could be made anywhere. Never thought much to VWs anyway, they are ok but nothing more, never understand why they are well thought and command quite high prices.

To be fair, most of the Tourans sold in Europe, are produced in Germany at the Wolfsburg Plant! ;)

Unless he's been VERY unlucky and got one made in their Chinese Plant, although I'm fairly sure that they are just for the Asian Market! :)

MSS
24th December 2013, 09:02
Hi all,
I was in my garage yesterday doing some work on the ZT and noticed then the bloke next door drove into this drive on full lock this cv joint were clicking.

Whether German enginering is something special relative to their western counterparts is debatable. But, what we can say is that their appreciation of, and investment in, engineering is outstanding. That is why Germany still has a thriving industry based on engineering.

Moodster020
24th December 2013, 09:29
Whether German enginering is something special relative to their western counterpart is debatable. But, what we can say is that their appreciation of, and investment in, engineering is outstanding. That is why Germany still has a thriving industry based on engineering.

And the UK went from having a thriving economy based on engineering..

To a....

Fooked economy based on fooked London banking.

All within 70-50 years.

Well, that were great, wasn't it!:icon_lol:

tareim
24th December 2013, 10:06
To be fair, most of the Tourans sold in Europe, are produced in Germany at the Wolfsburg Plant! ;)

Unless he's been VERY unlucky and got one made in their Chinese Plant, although I'm fairly sure that they are just for the Asian Market! :)

according to wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable of sources but) it says under assembly, Anting, China (SVW) (2004-present)

Simon.h
24th December 2013, 11:01
Just found out its only done 8k!

sytneraudi10
24th December 2013, 11:20
Its one of them things.

You could say it about any car maker or to be fiar anything that is assembled and has more then one part.

Who ever makes it, after all alot of German manufactures put stuff into the75/ZT some good and some bad.

Trevor1975
24th December 2013, 11:31
I had a hire car recently Hyundai IX-35, 5 months old, 8,000 miles.

On the way to Kent the wheel bearing collapsed! luckily in the last 30 miles of the journey. The RAC came out, had a look at it and condemned it... it was trailered back to Hyundai under warranty and I had to get a replacement hire car.

I worked in the automotive industry for many years and saw many ocasions where drives to get 'cheaper' parts resulted in a variety of issues.

MrDoodles
24th December 2013, 11:46
according to wikipedia (I know it's not the most reliable of sources but) it says under assembly, Anting, China (SVW) (2004-present)

And if you scroll down the chart , you'll also find that it's also produced in Wolfsburg for the European Market, so my original post is correct! ;)

Tim_Burgess
24th December 2013, 14:05
I'm sure I read recently that 60% of German branded cars are made outside Germany. Mostly in Eastern Europe.