PDA

View Full Version : side skirt fitting

Jordan Apex
28th December 2013, 16:06
How do you fit the genuine side skirts? They have tabs coming off of them, but what do they actually attach to!? :xmas-smiley-019:

capese21
28th December 2013, 16:55
Remove the existing side trim first. The tabs line up to holes in the car which fix using the plastic rivets included with the fitting kit.

Jordan Apex
28th December 2013, 16:57
Thank you, now to see if my friend has the fitting kit :icon_lol:

capese21
28th December 2013, 16:59
The fitting kit has the rivets foam tape and the printed instructions!! It took start to finish less than an hour to fit mine

Good Luck

Ed:xmas-smiley-018:

Jordan Apex
28th December 2013, 17:02
That would be why no one I could find asked for help before :icon_lol: hopefully he has it thanks again :)

Jordan Apex
27th January 2014, 17:57
To fit the side x power side skirts I have to remove the sill trim already in place and have seen the how to 2 diesels made, My question is do I need to be concerned about breaking the clips or does it not matter because of the scrivet type that are supplied with the fitting kit?

Ahh the instructions say shear away so looks like it doesn't matter if they break, makes life easier :)

danbmx_69
27th January 2014, 18:13
dont worry anout brakeing the clips, just made sure they all come out, the side skits should have the clips of them ready so you just clip that straght in to place

Jordan Apex
27th January 2014, 18:15
Thank you :)

Typhoon190
27th January 2014, 18:21
Always better IMO if you can remove without breaking the clips, as you also risk buckling the trim. Worth a try at least. Especially with 2diesels How to. :shrug: :}

Jordan Apex
27th January 2014, 18:25
I will still follow the how to, just wanted to know so I could stock up on those clips just incase, but as it they're not needed it doesn't matter as much, I will still be careful and won't tear it off :)

Jordan Apex
1st February 2014, 12:14
Yea I know I have posted about this before but I am currently fitting them, I have removed the sills already and cleaned the entire area as per instruction, now it says I should fit the double sided tape to the "full length of the recess in the top forward edge of sill" now do I apply this to the side skirt or to the indent at the top of the bodywork that was revelaed by removing the sill trims? :shrug:

Greeners
1st February 2014, 21:02
From doing ZR skirts, fit it to the skirt not the body...

I'd also warm both surfaces to aid adhesion...

Jordan Apex
1st February 2014, 21:13
It is already done, it did have to attach to the skirt, and the skirt was in the house so was warm and then I pressed firmly on the skirt when attached as it used pressure activated adhesive :D

billericaymgxpower
1st February 2014, 21:42
Where did you but the skirts from please?

Jordan Apex
1st February 2014, 21:43
They're available new from rimmers for around 40 each iirc I got mine for free from a friend who bought them for his zt but sold it before putting them on :D

billericaymgxpower
1st February 2014, 21:43
Where did you buy the skirts from please?

Thanks for reply. Sorry, repeated post as had to edit spelling!

Jordan Apex
1st February 2014, 21:53
No worries, they're simple to fit as well despite several posts by myself :duh:

Dave Goody
1st February 2014, 22:33
Where did you buy the skirts from please?

Marks & Spencer ladies section:D

billericaymgxpower
1st February 2014, 22:50
Marks & Spencer ladies section:D
I was waiting for that!:D

Dragrad
1st February 2014, 22:54
Threads merged as they are related.

DaveyC
2nd February 2014, 07:44
You can remove the sill trims without breaking the clips (they are expensive and members will often be in need of them. ;)

Have a look at this: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=150867

Cheers,

Dave :D

directstep
2nd February 2014, 08:26
I'm just waiting for a dry day to fit my skirts. Got the kit from Rimmers. Just wanted to ask you about where exactly the tape goes?
Read instructions "full length of the recess in the top forward edge of sill" - but does this mean along the whole length of the skirts front to back at the top edge?
Just a bit confused where it says the forward edge?
Thanks

Jordan Apex
2nd February 2014, 16:13
Where the clips are attached on the sill it sits on that inside top edge so basically it runs along those clips and you have to tuck a little bit under those

Jordan Apex
2nd February 2014, 16:13
You can remove the sill trims without breaking the clips (they are expensive and members will often be in need of them. ;)

Have a look at this: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=150867

Cheers,

Dave :D

I tried this and managed to save a whole one :duh:

DaveyC
2nd February 2014, 16:17
I tried this and managed to save a whole one :duh:

Oh dear...... Worked for me and a few others that I know of. Clips must have been very brittle. :duh:

Jordan Apex
2nd February 2014, 16:19
It was literally just above 0 so that wouldn't have helped

DaveyC
2nd February 2014, 16:24
It was literally just above 0 so that wouldn't have helped

Ahhh. That would be why. Its was about 23 degrees when I did mine.