PDA

View Full Version : A Meet for the 1.8T owners

Petetourer
15th January 2014, 09:27
Hi All...

I was wondering how many 1.8T owners are in South Central :shrug:

More to the point, I was thinking of having a chat with Z&F Tuning who can tune the 1.8 to over 200 Bhp... The guys at Z&F were involved with the tuning at MG Rover, so know the unit well... ;)

Before having a chat though, I would need to know how many people would be interested...

They are based in Banbury, but I may be able to arrange a meet somewhere that they could attend... The map usually costs around £239.00, but I may be able to discuss a discount depending on numbers...

If it is something that you may be interested in, then please pop your name on this thread and I will start some enquires.... ;)

sikelsh
15th January 2014, 09:28
I would probably make the run to this Pete, its something thats on my todo list, so if the date works, I would be one in.

Simon

FLYING BANANA
15th January 2014, 10:22
Name down please. Been meaning to get this done on both cars.

neilbaker86
15th January 2014, 10:29
I'd be interested!

Petetourer
15th January 2014, 13:06
Right...

Seems to be a good amount of interest....

I have contacted Mark @ Z&F and he has said he can accommodate us :D

Here are the facts and figures....

we need to have 4 cars + to get a discount.... The discount would take the remap down from £239.00 to £200.00, so about 20% :cool:

Z&F are locate here...

http://www.zandf-tuning.co.uk/#!contact

First assumption would be to arrange for us to meet at Z&F and I have asked Mark to give me a few dates that would be suitable... So when he gets back to me, I will post up to see which best suit....

Petetourer
15th January 2014, 14:42
I would probably make the run to this Pete, its something thats on my todo list, so if the date works, I would be one in.

Simon

Name down please. Been meaning to get this done on both cars.

I'd be interested!

How would you guy's feel if I arranged to get these done at POL with Mark at Z&F :shrug:

sikelsh
15th January 2014, 15:10
Hi Pete, not sure how POL works, but I would be attending with the Enthusiast chaps, don't know if things are done / organised at POL, by club or by car :shrug:

But, yes, happy for it to happen there :)

Petetourer
15th January 2014, 15:24
Hi Pete, not sure how POL works, but I would be attending with the Enthusiast chaps, don't know if things are done / organised at POL, by club or by car :shrug:

But, yes, happy for it to happen there :)

It's only a laptop mate, so easy enough to get to you no matter what they do ;)

Last year we were all together, but a lot has to do with weather I think.

arodriguez
15th January 2014, 22:28
Hi chaps,

Count me in too. It's on my to do list as soon as I sort my boost problem.. A worthwhile discount too..

Regards

Tony.

FLYING BANANA
16th January 2014, 07:56
POL, I'm not certain that I can attend this year with either car. But if that is what's decided then I'll have to make the effort.

Petetourer
16th January 2014, 08:55
POL, I'm not certain that I can attend this year with either car. But if that is what's decided then I'll have to make the effort.

POL without the flying banana !!!!! :eek: Surely not!! ;)

In a serious note though, are you attending any of the meets the day after PoL ? Or are you not to sure about the whole weekend?

MrDoodles
16th January 2014, 09:16
Who's bringing the head gaskets and turbo's then? :shrug: ;) :D :getmecoat:

Petetourer
16th January 2014, 09:47
Who's bringing the head gaskets and turbo's then? :shrug: ;) :D :getmecoat:

Same person that is bringing the tankers of fuel, VIS motors and Cambelt kits for the V6's :p: :D

thomas 75 connie
16th January 2014, 11:47
Im not interested im afraid as i dont have a 1.8 turbo let alone a 75/zt yet.
What im replying to is that i have a magazine article where they tuned up the 1.8 turbo.
If you want i can dig it out and scan it so you can have a look on here???

FLYING BANANA
16th January 2014, 12:15
POL without the flying banana !!!!! :eek: Surely not!! ;)

In a serious note though, are you attending any of the meets the day after PoL ? Or are you not to sure about the whole weekend?
I aim to be at the MG meet at Arundel Castle on the Sunday with The Flying Banana. I was planning on maybe attending the POL but with the TF and parking on the MGRSE stand, Halfway House club.
But I'll go with the flow RE Z & F tuning.

I'm trying to cut down on meets this year, so far I have attended only one but have a further 21 planned. Oh! Hum!

Petetourer
16th January 2014, 12:21
I aim to be at the MG meet at Arundel Castle on the Sunday with The Flying Banana. I was planning on maybe attending the POL but with the TF and parking on the MGRSE stand, Halfway House club.
But I'll go with the flow RE Z & F tuning.

I'm trying to cut down on meets this year, so far I have attended only one but have a further 21 planned. Oh! Hum!

Ok Bob,

I will see what further interest I get and how POL suits everyone else....

I don't think it would really matter where you are at POL, the tuning equipment is pretty portable I believe ;)

carguy143
16th January 2014, 12:32
Enjoy yourselves guys. I've heard very good things about z and f. It's just a shame they don't cater to the V6.

Petetourer
21st January 2014, 20:56
Anyone else interested in this?

We have Yella Fella to add to the list of potentials.

Could do with getting a list of definite's together so I can sort it out with Mark. ;)

shiner
21st January 2014, 21:49
Same person that is bringing the tankers of fuel, VIS motors and Cambelt kits for the V6's :p: :D

i could bring them along in the diesel if you like. ....and a can of petrol sure youll need more petrol to get home than i will need diesel! also could bring some coolant hoses:getmecoat:

Petetourer
21st January 2014, 22:31
i could bring them along in the diesel if you like. ....and a can of petrol sure youll need more petrol to get home than i will need diesel! also could bring some coolant hoses:getmecoat:

That would be cool mate....

Can you bring some fuel pumps, injectors and MAF's with you as well please :shrug: :D :laughing2:

Petetourer
21st January 2014, 22:35
Looks like the POL idea might be out of the window due to trader rules, so I will start to look at other options.... ;)

arodriguez
30th January 2014, 21:02
Im not interested im afraid as i dont have a 1.8 turbo let alone a 75/zt yet.
What im replying to is that i have a magazine article where they tuned up the 1.8 turbo.
If you want i can dig it out and scan it so you can have a look on here???

I'd certainly be interested in the article if you can host it somewhere?

arodriguez
26th February 2014, 21:30
Looks like the POL idea might be out of the window due to trader rules, so I will start to look at other options.... ;)

Bump..:}

This thread seems to have gone dead despite some initial interest from a few (erm 3-4 members was it?). It's a really worthwhile upgrade and I'm sure a great opportunity for a 1.8T meet along with a 20% discount. Are any other 1.8T owners out there interested?