PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified control knob mounted near Smartnav

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 13:22
Hi all, does anybody know what the purpose of the control knob is ( clearly an after fit ) mounted near to the Smartnav button on my car. If you press it, it appears to offer various languages, spoken through the in built speaker. The knob can be turned left and right to change language. The Smartnav people don't recognize it.

Thanks, John.

Tatts
16th January 2014, 14:08
I might be missing the point here, but...

If you press it, it appears to offer various languages, spoken through the in built speaker. The knob can be turned left and right to change language

It seems it's for changing the language.

Maybe a photo would help..

kc13661
16th January 2014, 14:16
You sure it is not a Parrot Kit fitted....will say " chosen language is English" if you turn it it will say "Francais" etc. etc.

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 14:48
Hi Tatts, yes sorry it does seem to be for changing language but connected to what smartnav or some auxillary device? Just noticed, I think kc has the answer :)

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 14:50
Him kc just checked, yes that's exactly what it says. What is it for?

carguy143
16th January 2014, 14:52
Him kc just checked, yes that's exactly what it says. What is it for?

It'll be a form of Bluetooth handsfree kit for using your mobile while driving. Post a picture and someone will be able to recognise it I'm sure.

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 14:53
Thanks, I'll get a photo now and repost.

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 16:18
HI have attached a photo of the device it's just above drivers heater controls, Thanks.

I have have also attached photo of the instruments, looks like the previous owner installed the mk1 dials - don't know whether or not to revert back to the mk 2 style or not. Any suggestions?

Petetourer
16th January 2014, 16:20
Yep, A parrot Bluetooth ;)

Search Bluetooth devices on your phone and hopefully you will be able to pair your phone to it...

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 16:48
Thanks Pete.
Anyone have any thoughts on the dials?

carguy143
16th January 2014, 17:20
It will be hidden by default. Usually, pressing and holding the rotary button or the green button will cause it to enter "pairing" mode. This is often signalled by a series of beeps, or a light that starts flashing. Then, do a search on your phone for bluetooth devices, select the relevant bluetooth name and job done.

You may be asked to enter a PIN code. This is usually 0000.

I hope this helps.

Rik.

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 17:42
Great, thanks Rik that sounds a useful device. I wonder if you can play music/audiobooks from your phone back through it? BTW where do I find the 'thanks' button. :)

carguy143
16th January 2014, 17:55
Great, thanks Rik that sounds a useful device. I wonder if you can play music/audiobooks from your phone back through it? BTW where do I find the 'thanks' button. :)

I'm not sure on the exact model of handsfree you have. Some can, some can't.

As for the thanks button, it should be at the bottom right next to the quote, multi quote, reply buttons. It has a big blue thumbs up. :) I've read you may need a post count of ten before it appears.

Rik.

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 18:25
Thanks Rik, the thanks button has appeared so thanks. :)

carguy143
16th January 2014, 18:39
Have you attempted pairing to the handsfree kit?

Artyjohn
16th January 2014, 18:54
Yes and it allows me to make and receive calls through the cars system. Thanks to all as I managed to download a manual from Parrot. My model is an older version of the Evolution ck3000. The Thanks button disappeared again!

carguy143
16th January 2014, 18:59
Yes and it allows me to make and receive calls through the cars system. Thanks to all as I managed to download a manual from Parrot. My model is an older version of the Evolution ck3000. The Thanks button disappeared again!

I think you can only thank up to 10 times a day. Be careful who you give thanks to...:D

Rick-sta
17th January 2014, 08:56
Thanks Pete.

I've got a mkII 04 75 connie se and it has the mk1 dials too.

Artyjohn
17th January 2014, 15:44
Lovely car Rick, I think I will keep the mk1 dials and change the clock to mk1 too as the orange lights match the radio and heater controls.

kc13661
17th January 2014, 15:51
Hi

You have a Parrot CK3000 evolution fitted if you go to

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/parrotck3000evolution

you will find everything you need to use this, how to pair your phone etc.

Excellent hands free kit.

marinabrian
17th January 2014, 16:18
Thanks Pete.

Mk1 amber backlit dials are much easier on the eyes ;)

You just need a time clock to match them :)

Brian :D

Artyjohn
18th January 2014, 18:56
Thank you very much KC!

Artyjohn
18th January 2014, 18:59
Thanks Brian, I think it's the best and probably the easiest solution. Are they readily available still?