PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Power

Brummie biker
27th January 2014, 21:37
Just bought a zt tourer. Nice car but it seems to lack power in first and second gear. looked at the threads on here and it would suggest MAF sensor needs replacing.
Would like to have someone in the South Birmingham area check car over for me to see if there is anything else I need to do.
Can anyone recommend garage in this area for me.
Thanks in advance
Craig

marinabrian
27th January 2014, 22:34
Just bought a zt tourer. Nice car but it seems to lack power in first and second gear. looked at the threads on here and it would suggest MAF sensor needs replacing.
Would like to have someone in the South Birmingham area check car over for me to see if there is anything else I need to do.
Can anyone recommend garage in this area for me.
Thanks in advance
Craig

Craig, give Terry at TS Auto's a shout ;)

Find him here (http://www.tsautos.com/contact.html)

He will be able to diagnose your possible MAF issues, and is very well clued up on the 75/ZT range as he used to build them ;)

Brian :D

dons1983
27th January 2014, 22:36
I live in Northfield mate. I use a garage over in Dudley. I think there great. They are called Dibdale autos. They are really into their land rovers and stuff but know the k series engine well.

RobinsC9
9th March 2014, 20:20
Hi I've got a Rover 75 Tourer,51 plate had him for about 18 mths without any problems, started up ok this morning, but a distinct lack of power when trying to speed up.
Also noticed when I've thought about it that the ' aircraft ' sound hasn't been heard for a few days could this have anything to do with it ?
Had filters etc changed about 2,000 miles ago on a general service.
So far thinking possibly the MAF , or PCV filter, and EGR
Any ideas ?
I live in the Preston area so can anyone recommend a garage please.
Thanks