PDA

View Full Version : Better head lights option

DAS68
29th January 2014, 20:10
My head lights are rubbish, I have put better bulbs in but nothing changed. What are my options ?

pab
29th January 2014, 20:15
If you have standard Reflector lenses, the best available are Osram Nightbreakers. You should notice a difference..

wullie480
29th January 2014, 21:02
As Pab says some decent bulbs or you'll need to fit projectors or xenons.

RogerHeinz57
29th January 2014, 21:58
My head lights are rubbish, I have put better bulbs in but nothing changed. What are my options ?
Mine were very poor, washing and cleaning a car is essential for it to look presentable, but sometimes greater actions are required. My headlamps were rough to the touch, these were duly machine polished using G3 and an adapted sponge mop. Worked a treat and lighting is so much better. Hope this helps, john.

Number 6
30th January 2014, 09:23
Another option would be to fit an HID set.Although my lenses were OK the actual light emitted was not very good.I fitted a set I got from the bay of fleas to the dipped beam and now they are so good I dont really need to use the main beam when driving;)

pab
30th January 2014, 09:32
Another option would be to fit an HID set.Although my lenses were OK the actual light emitted was not very good.I fitted a set I got from the bay of fleas to the dipped beam and now they are so good I dont really need to use the main beam when driving;)
Totally agree, HID's are the way to go. . :}

hogweed
30th January 2014, 09:52
Totally agree, HID's are the way to go. . :}

I've thought about doing this on my motor, but find the headlights very difficult to get to... and where do you put the transformers?

Number 6
30th January 2014, 14:41
I've thought about doing this on my motor, but find the headlights very difficult to get to... and where do you put the transformers?

To be honest with you I did remove the front bumper and fitted the ballasts to the main chassis leg behind the light units after I had removed them.It was then a simple plug together.I could not find a space in the bonnet area to fit the ballasts so this was the easy option:shrug: