PDA

View Full Version : Front seat belt height adjuster inoperative.

RogerHeinz57
29th January 2014, 21:11
Hello guys, my 75 saloon 2002 powered by M47 with manual transmission is suffering with an SRS problem and I wonder if I can get some suggestions or answers from your knowledge and expertise. My car has no SRS light showing at any point, thus I assume it has been doctored in some way. I noticed the drivers seatbelt height adjuster remains in the lowest position despite pushing it to the top of its travel. At my local breakers yard today I looked at a 75 with the seat missing, I moved the height adjustment and noticed a cable moving next to my foot (where the seat once lived). What does this mechanism do and what is it connected to and does it affect the SRS system? Finally can the seat belt receiver be measured to establish its integrity, and are there known bodges done to prevent warning lights operating as they should for SRS and abs functions. Sorry if I ramble on a bit but I prefer to be thorough in descriptions to aid good answers. Many thanks in advance, John.

suffolk boy
29th January 2014, 21:15
the seat belt height adjustment has nothing to do with the srs system.as you noted the wire on the floor does that. it clips onto the bottom of the seat yours has probally come off.i also will add that the airbag light should not come on at all .on some it lights up b4 you start it others not.

persuer
29th January 2014, 21:16
This thread may help you.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68241&highlight=seatbelt+height+adjuster

stevestrat
29th January 2014, 21:17
The seat belt height is adjusted by the seat position, that's the cable you saw. It clips in under the seat so that when the seat is moved it adjusts the belt height. It's in no way connected to the SRS.

Re the airbag light, two possibilities, either the tube the LED sits in has been blocked by tape or similar or in extreme cases the LED itself has been removed.

Alan123
29th January 2014, 21:22
This thread may help you.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68241&highlight=seatbelt+height+adjuster

I saw ur car yesterday waiting to cross bottom of hurst hill (well I think it was ) lol

persuer
29th January 2014, 21:31
I saw ur car yesterday waiting to cross bottom of hurst hill (well I think it was ) lol

Hi mate if it was turning onto the Birmingham new road about 8.30 - 8.45 then yes it was definitely me.

I am usually there around that time going to work in Dudley :)

Alan123
29th January 2014, 21:40
Hi mate if it was turning onto the Birmingham new road about 8.30 - 8.45 then yes it was definitely me.

I am usually there around that time going to work in Dudley :)

No mate I was cummin down hill towards Birmingham new rd you was was waiting to pull out opisite that Indian restaurant about 5.15 PM

RogerHeinz57
30th January 2014, 08:29
The seat belt height is adjusted by the seat position, that's the cable you saw. It clips in under the seat so that when the seat is moved it adjusts the belt height. It's in no way connected to the SRS.

Re the airbag light, two possibilities, either the tube the LED sits in has been blocked by tape or similar or in extreme cases the LED itself has been removed.

OK thanks for your help, I guess the way forward is to remove the clocks from the dash, and check the integrity of the labels at the back for disturbances in that area. Thanks again.

RogerHeinz57
1st February 2014, 21:30
Thanks for that, further investigation will take place soon on the warning light problems.