PDA

View Full Version : rover 75 2.5 v6

rmaxwell
30th January 2014, 10:30
A few questions is there an easy way to change a headlight bulb on a v6 engine its is so cramp! And also I am getting water coming in passenger footwell and drivers is there drainage pipes in engine bay?

Mdan
30th January 2014, 13:08
access through the wheel arch turn full lock and you will see an access pannel unscrew it and lift it will come out stick arm in and change bulb h7.
there are drainage runs in front open bonnet and check remove the plastiv covers closest to the wind screen clear out leaves and rod the holes u see

billericaymgxpower
30th January 2014, 13:29
A few questions is there an easy way to change a headlight bulb on a v6 engine its is so cramp! And also I am getting water coming in passenger footwell and drivers is there drainage pipes in engine bay?

I bought a set of bulbs from Halfords. Guy at checkout asked if I needed them to fit them. "No mate, thanks anyway but I think I can fit a bulb alright" was my reply, with a little scoff to his question. Good luck was his reply, what could he mean I thought? One cut hand, sprained wrist and blood pressure reaching critical melt down I reluctantly made the call to Halfords. "I bought a set of bulbs earlier and wondered if the offer was still on to fit them as I have not had the time" (little fib to save my embarrassment) No problem, was the reply just come in and we'll fit them. All going well up to now, but as I entered the shop it was the same guy on the checkout "NNNooooooooooooooooo! :o I had to walk the walk of shame I just knew he knew I had tried and failed, miserably as the cuts to my hands and wrists were either due to a serious case of self harming or ZT ownership. Anyhow, this guy had the good sense to call upon a colleague to undertake the task. Very astute as two and a half hours later, bulbs, rubber cover and spring clip were lost within the spoiler. Poor guy! Anyway, job eventually done, both sides as was not taking any chances of the other one blowing a mile down the road and £6.00 per bulb. Best twelve quid I've spent for a long time!

Mdan
30th January 2014, 13:35
ha ha halfords staff poor attemps

billericaymgxpower
30th January 2014, 13:52
ha ha halfords staff poor attemps

Yeah, they are something else. Occasionally you come across a member of staff who has a bit of savvy and shows an interest in the job but on the whole they get by with chapter 9 paragraph 4 from the staff handbook: "should you not understand the question or don't know the answer remember our mascot Billy the Bull S...........!":eek: He will guide you to reach your sales targets.

Another comedy moment was going into B&Q and asking for some biscuits. Assistant :duh:helpfully pointed out that they do not sell food but there was a vending machine in the entrance. Classic!

Pauly
30th January 2014, 14:11
Had mine done at Halford a while back, best £6.99 i ever spent,... and it rained too,...lol
secret is find someone who has a brain...
there okishh... simple stuff
thanks
Paul

Steve42
30th January 2014, 16:07
Just went to do mine on a v6 . Never again. Lost one bulb down the back of the headlight now got to take the front end off to get the bulb out.
1.8 was easy to do. But the v6 a right pain.