PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice please.

Raustin
31st January 2014, 18:08
Well let me start by saying I've not been on for a short while since my last post. I've had maybe the worse 3 months of my life, but it can only get better...well a little bit better.
Had a detached retina in the left eye.
Got made redundant and still looking for a new job.
And lost a very close relative just in the new year. Sure it's happen to most of us at sometime. I plan to get back into the forum and have to say I've missed some of the banter.

Anyway, I needed to get some new boots on all corners...not a problem as I spent what I could afford at £80 each. I got told that I needed to get the ball joints replaced on both fronts. The tyre place could not give me a price, went to a local garage who confirmed that both needed to be done...soon as.
But they could not give me a price as the boss was not in?
Does anyone have any idea on cost? They said that these are "pressed" or needs press to fix them?

Point 2 the handle that you pull to open the drivers all of a sudden does not work, I have wind the widow down and open it from the outside.

Point 3 I had a problem with my rear number plate light (which I got a lot of support from you guys on) well they are working but the yellow warning light on my dash won't go off?.

Lastly, andI know Steve (arctic) has told me a number of times....sorry Steve (lost your emails) I need some wiring that goes to my elec seats in order to move them. Steve I'm sure you'll tell me again and think I'm an idiot.

Any help or advise would be gratefully received.

Robert

batz
31st January 2014, 18:22
I just got 4 Nexen N8000 tyres from National Tyres for £320 all in - great grip but rolling resistance has a slight impact on fuel economy. I'm told they don't wear well but time will tell...

Captain Crappycrimp
31st January 2014, 18:52
If its the usual bottom arm failure then you will have to replace the complete bottom arm, you cant just replace the ball joints.

Prices vary from £30 each to around £130 for OEM, you choose what you can afford but the really cheap end ones tend not to last.

Fitting takes about an hour each side and the cost of that is dependant on the garage labour costs. You can do it yourself but its a pig of a job.

Hope that helps

Richard

stevestrat
31st January 2014, 19:03
If both number plate lights are working have you had a walk round and checked the rest? Remember the tail light back up system, if a tail light bulb fails the brake light at that side will come on at low power to compensate.

Heddy
31st January 2014, 19:40
Regarding the door, probably the hook has come adrift or broken up, take off the little cap and undo the screw, handle pulls out, with care :}

coab
31st January 2014, 19:54
Ive got a number plate light that never comes on, the other is fine and i f I whack my spoiler the dead one comes on. (Dry joint Im told) but today my IPK said number plate bulb failure! 20 seconds later all is fine does only one work via IPK ....the drivers side.:shrug:

suzublu
31st January 2014, 19:56
As far as i know,both out will trigger the warning,one won't :shrug::}

DaveyC
31st January 2014, 21:26
Blinkin flip Rob. If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!!

Hope things pick up for you real soon matey.

Dave :D

Dragrad
1st February 2014, 00:02
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old.

Arctic
1st February 2014, 00:39
Hi Rob.
You have a PM so you can contact me at my email address cheers Arctic ;)

Raustin
1st February 2014, 08:42
Blinkin flip Rob. If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!!

Hope things pick up for you real soon matey.

Dave :D

Thanks buddy, got a few things lined up to look at over the next week or so. I was offered a job but then I could start due to my eye and they needed somebody ASAP to start.
Hope all is well with you.

Rob

DaveyC
1st February 2014, 08:53
Thanks buddy, got a few things lined up to look at over the next week or so. I was offered a job but then I could start due to my eye and they needed somebody ASAP to start.
Hope all is well with you.

Rob

Hi Rob. All good ta. I am sure you will get sorted soon. :D Lets hope the luck has changed with the new month..........

Dave

Arctic
1st February 2014, 09:04
Good Morning Rob
Email received and replied to hopefully among us we can get you sorted as there are some good members on this site as you already know, with regards to the wiring for your seats I am sure that is in the pipe line as I am typing this ;) what you need to do is give member (Mischief ) a PM and see if he can help you out with the fitting, he may even pick up on this thread if not a member whom can do it for you and is closer may jump on board.

This could be the start of a new turn of luck for you, have a good weekend I am off to walk the Bruno cheers Arctic ;)