PDA

View Full Version : Water In Drivers Footwell

ogden92
31st January 2014, 19:17
Hi all i have a lot of water in the rivers side footwell only. Just want to know if anyone can help

kaiser
31st January 2014, 19:31
Hi all i have a lot of water in the rivers side footwell only.

Errh yes, what else do you think the rivers side footwell is for???:duh:

But seriously, check the plenum in front, sun roof drains and chances are that you might find a leak in some of those places.

MF1980
31st January 2014, 19:39
Welcome to the club!
There are many posts here about water ingress and the causes.
Get yourself familiar with the search function on this site and you will come across hundreds of pages of information.

Main areas to look at are sunroof drain tubes (if you have a sunroof) there is a join both sides the front bulkhead, plus both rear quarter panels behind the carpet trims.

Rear light seals can leak water which then runs forwards under the rear seats into the footwell.

Most important one to check is under the bonnet, the plenum chambers, where the pollen filter is located, the drain becomes blocked and fills with water, flood the car inside and also flood the ECU which is located in the plenum. The sticky posts at the top of the forum will help you there.

First_damned
31st January 2014, 22:17
Hi all i have a lot of water in the rivers side footwell only. Just want to know if anyone can help

Please let me know if you have any success in fixing your leak as I have the same issue as you

mickm1
31st January 2014, 22:37
I had light seal problem, did plenums etc but water was coming through lights

I followed this and never had a problem again

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=94530&highlight=remove+rear+light

Mick

First_damned
31st January 2014, 22:48
All my usual leak places are not leaking including the rear lights

Falcon Flyer
31st January 2014, 23:12
Drivers footwell being wet…….in my car it was dripping in through the bonnet release cable……...

Arctic
1st February 2014, 01:10

Hi Jake.
Welcome to the club, you will find all the help you need to see you on your way to trace and solve the problems you may have now and in the near future, hoping there are not to many first I would check the plenums to see if they are flooded link below.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125864

I see you have a conni Se so you may have a sunroof if so you will need to check the sunroof tubes again link below.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=118622&highlight=sunroof+leak+solved

You may find it better if you subscribed to the club as you will be able to access parts which you may need to use and for the cost of 20p per week for a year it is a no brainer, take a look at the above and get back to us asap cheers Arctic ;)

ogden92
1st February 2014, 08:13
the car has no sunroof but i will check the plenum following the guide and see if they are the cause. I also heard it could be the clutch grommet as the clutch has been replaced on this car

First_damned
1st February 2014, 08:19
These cars are terrible for leaks it won't be your first, will be more to come. Be careful you haven't got more than one leak too

ogden92
1st February 2014, 14:23
followed the plenum check guide and yes there was lots of water so i rodded it through and flush it through couple of times now just hope thats it solved and its not another cause

First_damned
1st February 2014, 15:44
followed the plenum check guide and yes there was lots of water so i rodded it through and flush it through couple of times now just hope thats it solved and its not another cause

Wouldn't get too hopeful lol

HarryM1BYT
1st February 2014, 16:19
I would get hopeful, I had a slight leak from the rear light lens gasket, fixed it 3.5 years ago - absolutely no ingress issues since then.

Leaks on many cars are common, the 75 is no worse than most.

First_damned
1st February 2014, 17:05
I would get hopeful, I had a slight leak from the rear light lens gasket, fixed it 3.5 years ago - absolutely no ingress issues since then.

Leaks on many cars are common, the 75 is no worse than most.

I just hope I can fix my leak, waters getting into the drivers footwell but cannot figure out how or where from. Usual places have been checked. I need help before I give up and get rid

ogden92
1st February 2014, 17:26
i think it is because of this because the cabin/pollen filter was wet so this will be drawing moisture into the car so now once its dried out and with water unblocked it should be fine

chrisieboy75
1st February 2014, 17:31
Got the same on a 2005 cdti i just bought was the dreaded blocked plenums and a clutch pipe grommet not fitted properly in the firewall was all over flowing on to the drivers side , and a boot full of water running down the backseats , rear light gaskets the carpet weighed a load when I took it out totally saturated and only fit for the bin due to the smell waiting on a replacement from Sean so I can get it back together

First_damned
1st February 2014, 18:00
Got the same on a 2005 cdti i just bought was the dreaded blocked plenums and a clutch pipe grommet not fitted properly in the firewall was all over flowing on to the drivers side , and a boot full of water running down the backseats , rear light gaskets the carpet weighed a load when I took it out totally saturated and only fit for the bin due to the smell waiting on a replacement from Sean so I can get it back together

Glad you found the source of the leaks, mines a total mystery. Can only think scuttle clip cups need re sealing but I'm not sure that if they leaked water where would it get in?