PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumper removal

johnnyb44
2nd February 2014, 14:25
Hello again.
I am thinking of replacing my rear bumper as its had some cosmetic paint work done to it in the past and the paint seems to be having a reaction to the plastic. The best way to explain, is that it looks like small spots of clear laquer or varnish has been splattered over the nearside corner if the bumper. Its not that noticeable but im a bit of a perfectionist ( to much for my own good ) and everytime i look at the car my eyes get drawn to it. Its definitely getting worse so a second hand bumper is now on the cards. What's involved in taking the rear bumper off. Is it easy or is it one of those Chinese puzzles. Are there any hidden screws bolts that i should know about. While its off i will also give the metal work behind it a good wax oiling.
Many thanks for reading
John

Nige B
2nd February 2014, 14:28
pretty easy , I can do it so just about anyone can.couple of fasteners underneath,the row across the top 2 screws under arch and then pull each side away from the car and just lifts out.Think I have remembered it all , been a while .Takes about 10-15 minutes as long as the screws etc do not play up.

johnnyb44
2nd February 2014, 14:36
Many thanks for your help buddy

Supervinnie40
2nd February 2014, 16:49
This would help:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1519234#post1519234

It's quite easy.
Remove the screws (you also need to remove the black cylinders the screw go in),
grab the bumper at the corner,
pull on it,

voila.

(You might use a carpet or something, to prevent the paint chipping when it falls on the ground).

johnnyb44
2nd February 2014, 19:48
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.