PDA

View Full Version : South East Rover Rally - Eastbourne.

MangoMan
3rd February 2014, 09:29
Hi there.

I just thought I would copy & paste my invite to this years SERR being held at Filching Manor & Motor Museum near Eastbourne on the 22nd of June 2014.

Not sure if anyone here has been before, but last years was great with Reebs even winning a Trophy! Hopefully Seancar will be able to attend and I can meet him at last...???

Anyway, those who want to attend can contact the Organisers directly. ;)

Please note that I just wanted to post this for everyones attention, I have nothing to do whatsoever with it's organisation.

Read Below:

I am pleased to invite you personally to the 2014 South East Rover Rally.

The 2014 Rally will be held from 10.00 am on Sunday 22nd June at Filching Manor and the rally charge will be £3.00 per car. Entry to Filching Manor and Motor museum will be £4-00 per person, payable on the day at the entrance (under 12’s free). There will be three elements to this year’s Rally: The Manor House, The Motor Museum and Go-Karting (as an optional activity – Note: Additional Charge)
Filching Manor has belonged to the Foulkes Halbard Family for 24 years The Hamlet of Filching is recorded in the Domesday book. The Manor, a Wealden twin solar Hall house was built in 1450, it was built on the remains of a pre existing building that dates back to 800AD.
Filching Manor Motor Museum is based around the record breaking Campbell family’s many achievements, with famous Campbell cars, boats and memorabilia. Part of the collection is Sir Malcolm Campbell’s Bluebird K3 world record breaking boat. Others included are the very rare 1898 Orient Express (one of only two left working in the world), a 1907 Corbin Racer, several Bugatti cars, Fangio’s very own racing car and the Alesso, a fantastic 1904 chain driven Mercedes racing car.
Additionally this year we will have a Go-Karting tournament. A first for the SERR (I think). The Campbell circuit is a 650 meter full tarmac outdoor Kart track. The karts are single engine 4stroke biz corporate karts. They are capable of speeds up to 50mph, that's pretty fast when your behind is only 1" from the tarmac.(A Charge of £10-00 per session is made. Karting is optional).There will be set sessions from 11am -12 noon and 2pm to 3pm (for the real enthusiast an additional session will be run from 4pm to 5pm)

If you wish to attend, please complete the attached form (or photocopy), and return to the address below, together with a stamped envelope with your address on it.

If you have any questions, please call me (Ray Pickett) on 01903 208604.

Thanks. :}