PDA

View Full Version : Minutes silence for a dead battery!

stevestrat
3rd February 2014, 12:58
Since getting the ZT my 75 has been languishing in the garage, no tax or MOT. Went to start it a couple of weeks ago, stone dead. Got a charger but the battery was so low the charger thought it was 6V! Managed to get it up to 7.5V, stuck the booster pack on today, threw the engine over once then flashed the headlights at me . . . . that'll be that then.

Looking at batteries, ECP has a Lion 075 battery (http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/accessories-car-batteries/car-batteries/most-popular-car-battery/075-car-batteries/?444770751&0&cc5_995) at only £29.65 with the club discount :eek: They have been mentioned on here before but there was no feedback on them. Has anyone actually bought one, are they any good? I've no immediate plans to get the 75 back on the road just now but would like a battery that works in it!

windrush
3rd February 2014, 13:29
Since getting the ZT my 75 has been languishing in the garage, no tax or MOT. Went to start it a couple of weeks ago, stone dead. Got a charger but the battery was so low the charger thought it was 6V! Managed to get it up to 7.5V, stuck the booster pack on today, threw the engine over once then flashed the headlights at me . . . . that'll be that then.

Looking at batteries, ECP has a Lion 075 battery (http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/accessories-car-batteries/car-batteries/most-popular-car-battery/075-car-batteries/?444770751&0&cc5_995) at only £29.65 with the club discount :eek: They have been mentioned on here before but there was no feedback on them. Has anyone actually bought one, are they any good? I've no immediate plans to get the 75 back on the road just now but would like a battery that works in it!

Hi Steve ifyou are not intending to put the 75 back on the road soon and are going to buy a battery to keep her turning over.Why not get on of those chargers from Lidl that will keep the battery in top conviction

stevestrat
3rd February 2014, 13:47
Hi Steve if you are not intending to put the 75 back on the road soon and are going to buy a battery to keep her turning over.Why not get on of those chargers from Lidl that will keep the battery in top convictionDerek, it's one of those intelligent Lidl chargers I have and that's exactly what I intend doing.

I did consider shoving the 75 out of the garage and jumping it off the ZT then a thought occurred to me . . . . if it doesn't start going to be fun trying to shove it up the slight slope to get it back into the garage!

MangoMan
3rd February 2014, 15:21
I suppose for £30.00 you can't go too far wrong... It might just struggle on really cold mornings, or if it's a Diesel. But it'll work.

stevestrat
8th February 2014, 13:03
Wee update, stuck the booster on charge and left it for three days. Started the 75 with ease, had it running for nearly two hours earlier today, alternator is banging out a constant 14V but the battery isn't doing anything with it, goosed, won't charge.

jamesgreen
8th February 2014, 13:06
075 battery for a 75, if memory serves me right you need an 096 battery

MangoMan
8th February 2014, 13:22
I think he's still talking about his old battery.... ???

stevestrat
8th February 2014, 13:35
I think he's still talking about his old battery.... ???It is Bill, finally managed to start the 75 with the booster, let it run for a while and confirmed the old battery isn't taking a charge. Couldn't really tell before as the charger I have is one of those trickle charge things and wasn't really doing anything.

MangoMan
8th February 2014, 13:56
Hi Steve.

I'm sure a 75 Battery will suffice, not the best, but will do.

I had to replace my battery as it was getting tired and I fitted an Exide Excel 100 from ECP. I think it was about 59 quid delivered. A few have fitted these and they are spot on!
I had my R75 parked up for nearly 6 weeks and it started first time the other day... Not even tired!

Good luck..

Link: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/accessories-car-batteries/car-batteries/most-popular-car-battery/100-car-batteries/?444771000&0&1&cc5_996

Just use ZTCLUB25 at the checkout... ;)