PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough Fish & Chip run.

Rumply
3rd February 2014, 15:44
I'm just popping this up here for the time being to gauge interest, I'll figure out the finer details in time.

I think some of you might be interested in a drive out my way for some fish & chips.

Pop a reply post up if you are, I'm thinking April/May time, Saturday or Sunday midday (ish).
Possibly meeting on the Marine Drive, but I have another place in mind, once I have checked it out.

:)

List updated 14/4/14

Saturday 10th May 10.00am Holbeck Hill car park.

Raynor
peteroveros
Mark2000cc
pab
rrobson
trikey
bigd
reworht
DMGRS
andy willi
lexusjohn1954
GJ53 DGO
andyg2011
GbRob
Shadomobile
Happy Wanderer

Raynor
3rd February 2014, 15:48
I could be interested. Could be a good day out weather dependent.

peteroveros
3rd February 2014, 16:02
I could well be up for this,
You just can't beat seaside fish and chips.
And a chance to talk 75 of course.

Mark2000cc
3rd February 2014, 16:19
very much up for this! Love the place.

pab
3rd February 2014, 16:30
Excellent idea, count me in. :}

ricardo65
3rd February 2014, 17:46
Fish and chips sounds like a plan date dependant be up for this :}

windrush
3rd February 2014, 19:09
Love those Fish & Chips up that way I only wish that I lived nearer

g20stu
3rd February 2014, 21:52
will be up for this hope dates fall right I work 1 in 3 weekends fingers crossed.

Stuart

rrobson
3rd February 2014, 22:13
I'd be up for it. Nice run out to Scarborough.

Dates dependant of course, if it's a weekend I should be ok but I work funny days so won't know for certain until the day before...

trikey
3rd February 2014, 22:51
Mmm chips :drool4:

Im in Simon.

kc13661
4th February 2014, 06:10
Dependant on date would also depend on whether or not we would attend, but the smell of Fish and chips is reaching us already....... :drool4:

bigd
4th February 2014, 07:31
We are up for it date depending,:drool4::drool4::drool4:

Rumply
4th February 2014, 17:11
Ok, great, there's some interest.

I just need to figure out the best place for us to park up on a busy weekend, that's near a good chippy.

Selection of dates and meeting places coming.....

reworht
4th February 2014, 17:27
Certainly I would be up for that Simon - date permittting.
If we had fish & chips at lunchtime - I could drop into Whitby and have some more on the way home in the evening ;)

kc13661
4th February 2014, 17:48
Certainly I would be up for that Simon - date permittting.
If we had fish & chips at lunchtime - I could drop into Whitby and have some more on the way home in the evening ;)

Oh! Whitby the Home of Fish and Chips :drool4:

bigd
5th February 2014, 08:01
mmmmmmm beter still :D

Rumply
5th February 2014, 08:48
Careful with the codhead "Whitby" worshiping, you could offend a Scarborian you know.

DMGRS
6th February 2014, 14:23
I do love fish and chips, but enough for 200 miles?

Yeah, go on. :D

reworht
6th February 2014, 14:56
Careful with the codhead "Whitby" worshiping, you could offend a Scarborian you know.

I could suggest Steers (or Staithes to them what don't know) - lovely fish'n'chips - but you never want to be in Staithes after the sun goes down ;) - did you ever watch the Wicker Man :eek:

Rumply
6th February 2014, 15:13
I could suggest Steers (or Staithes to them what don't know) - lovely fish'n'chips - but you never want to be in Staithes after the sun goes down ;) - did you ever watch the Wicker Man :eek:

Do they still have a sacrificial alter there LOL :}

andy willi
7th February 2014, 08:17
count me in for this

andy

Rumply
7th February 2014, 16:55
I've had a little think, so I'll suggest Saturday May 10th and hope for nice weather. If this doesn't suit the majority we'll move it back or forward a week.

I'm proposing meeting from 10am onwards, as this will give people coming from afar time to stop, have a natter, fish n chips and then to do their own thing in the afternoon if they wanted to.

The two meeting places I've thought of are, as pictured below.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2zhdqw5.jpg

Blue is the Oasis Cafe on the Marine Drive, you'll have to pay to park, and if the sun is shining, it'll be tricky to get parked up togevver :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/30tkxvo.jpg

Red is the car park next to the old site of the former Holbeck Hall Hotel (that fell in to the sea), parking is free and there is a nice mobile coffee/sandwich trailer there come spring time. Plus once everyone is there, I can ring up and order fish and chips from a really nice chippy 5 mins drive away.

I've not done this sort of thing before, so as I've seen on other posts, I think I should mention that this is not an official club meet and the insurance does not cover it.

Also I'll bring my posh camera and tripod with me, and will happily take some group and individual photos of people and there cars. So bring your polishing kit :) I'll email pictures on for people.

So is the 10th OK, and which site... personally I like Holbeck.

Si :)

ricardo65
7th February 2014, 19:05
The 10th good for me and holbeck a good choice of venue :}

lexusjohn1954
8th February 2014, 23:47
Sounds good to me too.
The car park where the former holebeck hotel stood before the landslide is a good place to meet. Plenty of parking & great sea views.
Not to mention, close to my bungalow. I could even walk there in 10 mins.
I live just 5 mins walk from the shops at ramshill, on filey rd. Where there is a brilliant fish & chip shop. Very Tasty.Also there are several other very good fish shops in Scarborough. I can highly recomend the fish shop opposite peas home park. The fish are the size of a whale. I kid you not.
The ones on the sea front are for the tourists. Not recomended.
It would be good to drive along the sea front all together.That would be a great site.

bigd
9th February 2014, 08:59
If its the 10th that will be great as we get back from sorrento on the 9th from the med to the north sea what a differance god willing it will be a sunny day

Derek :}

GJ53 DGO
12th February 2014, 15:18
Can you put me down as a possible, the missus wants chippy! cheers :}

reworht
12th February 2014, 15:45
Brilliant Simon - Holbeck makes sense to me :}

Happy Wanderer
16th February 2014, 13:35
HMMMM:cloud9: the wheels are now turning, can u smell the burning :-D

Captain Crappycrimp
19th February 2014, 08:11
As I live in Scarborough it would be rude not to attend:}

g20stu
18th March 2014, 21:32
Sorry Simon I will have to pull out of this meet wife has booked center parks. a weekend away with grandson he is only 2 feel tired just thinking about it, will have to settle for the aroma of pine trees and not fish and chips lol

stuart

andyg2011
18th March 2014, 21:46
Great idea

Please put me down for this

It should be the first meet the v8 goes too as well

GbRob
18th March 2014, 22:26
Sounds good to me.
Plus fish and chips.
Always a winner

ricardo65
13th April 2014, 07:51
unfortunately I'll have to pull out of this one as now I have a wedding to attend :duh:

woolleysox
14th April 2014, 23:03
Great idea

Please put me down for this

It should be the first meet the v8 goes too as well

Sorry I can't join you so I will buy a bag of chips and eat them on the same day :drool4::drool4: I Luuuuuuuuuuv fish n chips::}:}

Rumply
6th May 2014, 19:28
The weather is not looking to good for a fish and chip meet, not sure what to do.

bigd
6th May 2014, 19:57
The weather is not looking to good for a fish and chip meet, not sure what to do.

Please take my name off

v-man
6th May 2014, 23:04

Sure not looking good right now.

GJ53 DGO
7th May 2014, 14:39

Knackers to the weather, I'll be there 😁

Rumply
7th May 2014, 18:34
Weathers looking worse, but we'll stick with it.
I'll be there @ 10am with the fiancé in her MG6.

reworht
7th May 2014, 18:53
Sorry Simon - I'm going to have withdraw - SWMBO & I are going to have give a lot of family support to my 74 year old sister this weekend as she has got a major knee problem and is a bit marooned in her living room :o

peteroveros
7th May 2014, 19:09
Weather watching is for wimps lol, I've promised the family a day out so we will be there rain or shine.

Rumply
9th May 2014, 10:11
Weather watching is for wimps lol, I've promised the family a day out so we will be there rain or shine.

Weather looks terrible for tomorrow, thunderstorms.

I'm only 5 mins away and need to go in to town anyway in the morning, so will pop by at 10am and see if anyone's there.

But I wouldn't make the journey especially tomorrow.

GJ53 DGO
9th May 2014, 13:26
Fantastic I love thunderstorms :D

ricardo65
9th May 2014, 19:37

its like thunder lightening :D scarboughs forecast is frightening go for it dave in true Yorkshire style have a good day matey don't eat to much :D :D

GbRob
9th May 2014, 21:34
Sorry I'm going to have to pull out as my little lad ain't to well.
Nothing to bad with him but he's only four months and it means getting every little sleep.
Hope it's a good day and you get some fab weather a.

GJ53 DGO
10th May 2014, 01:43
I'll do my best to make it but rang dvla up earlier to chase a tax disc I ordered online on the 11th April only to be told my car is on a Sorn still despite me having paperwork saying payment received, quick phone call in the morning and try to tax it again, if all goes well I'll see you all tomorrow....dvla....what a joke!

trikey
10th May 2014, 03:20

Your car holds enough water as it is!!!! :eek:

GJ53 DGO
10th May 2014, 10:26
Amazing weather, bright sunshine, get your backsides here!

GJ53 DGO
10th May 2014, 14:53
Well that was a great day, food was excellent and the rain held off, fantastic thunderstorm on the journey home though! Disappointing turnout, would have been nice to have Simon's 1st meet better supported but a big thank you to him for a great day
Thanks Simon!

peteroveros
10th May 2014, 18:13
A thoroughly enjoyable day, weather was kind to us and the fish and chips were spot on.
Cheers Simon.

Rumply
10th May 2014, 18:16
Well that was a great day, food was excellent and the rain held off, fantastic thunderstorm on the journey home though! Disappointing turnout, would have been nice to have Simon's 1st meet better supported but a big thank you to him for a great day
Thanks Simon!

Thanks for turning up guys, it was great to meet you both, now I know a few more faces and cars, and you know me, make sure to wave and peep if you see me out and about, you'll get a mad wave back.

See you both at Elvington!

Here's the lovely weather, fish and chips that everyone missed.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2lmqgxv.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2lxcfx1.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/ajo2z7.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/21kmpfm.jpg

Lynyrd Skynner
10th May 2014, 18:52
I thought long and hard about popping up for this meet but around trip of 296 miles and the weather forcast as it was really stopped me coming up , if you do another meet in the coming weeks when the weather SHOULD be more settled me and the family will make a weekend of it , deffo....glad it worked out weather wise , looks agreat spot for a meet...

trikey
10th May 2014, 18:59
Sorry I missed it guys, planned to have an hours sleep after night shift - didn't wake up till four :(

ricardo65
11th May 2014, 10:49
hi Simon don't be put off arranging another meet for fish and chips in the future as i know this is a excellent venue for a meet and the fish and chips look mmm tasty , i just think it was one of those weekends were everything was against you weather other commitments what people had, im sure on a different weekend you could easily get 20 to 30 cars there's so stick with it matey :} :}