PDA

View Full Version : Headlight aim

Wayne B
4th February 2014, 03:58
After purchasing my new CDT I have noticed that the right hand headlight is aiming high. I have taken the bulb out & refitted it & I am sure that it is seated correctly, but the aim is still too high compared to the left light. Is there a way of manually adjusting the light housing itself or have I & previous owner done something wrong when putting the bulb in place. :shrug:

Wayne.

stevestrat
4th February 2014, 13:48
There are manual adjusters on the headlights (pic courtesy of T-Cut):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/waveguide/CarBits010.jpg

Can't remember offhand which direction raises/lowers the beam. There's also horizontal adjusters at the side of the headlight unit.

Wayne B
4th February 2014, 13:59
Thanks stevestrat for the reply. I've just got in from looking under the bonnet & saw the adjuster you are talking about. Looking down on the adjuster I turned it anti clockwise. I have no idea if this is right or not. Only darkness will tell. I will report back if I adjusted in the right direction for future reference. Thanks again for the pic.

Regards,

Wayne.

Wayne B
4th February 2014, 23:41
Well, nothing happened. Checked the aim whilst at work & the aim was still high. Tried adjusting it while there but nothing happened. Does this mean a replacement headlamp is needed.

Wayne.