PDA

View Full Version : Harrogate MG show August 3rd 2014

ssizefive
5th February 2014, 15:21
Does anyone fancy attending this event

http://harrogatemgclub.org.uk/our_show.htm

It is not one I have attended before but Stu ( Fusilier ) has attended quite a few times & says it is worth a visit.
He has spoken to the MG club & they are happy to set aside an area for us to set up as a club but would want to know numbers beforehand.

Below is a copy of the email sent to Stu

Hi Stuart,

I have looked on your forum regarding the show, This year everybody pays on the gate on the day no pre book. £5 pp.
But we do need to know roughly how many are coming to allocate the space.

I need to know July the numbers approx.

I can do a Club stand under Rover 75 & ZT Club.

Attending

Ssizefive
Wedgewud
Fusilier
Lynyrd Skynner
Bobgrice
Pab ( prov )
Ricardo65
Ricardo65's brother ( 45 )
GJ53 DGO
Marshap123
Willshot
Mdean22
Bluejon/Silvervixen ( poss )
GTPETE
Suzublu
BRI
Beefy63
rosswalki
Paul_T

Please note the usual disclaimers apply.

Thanks
Steve.

James.uk
5th February 2014, 15:25
Is this the one that our club won an award at last year???

The one that had planes and Red Kites flying about? If so, I want to come please Steve... :}

ssizefive
5th February 2014, 15:30
Is this the one that our club won an award at last year???

The one that had planes and Red Kites flying about? If so, I want to come please Steve... :}

No Bob, that was the Northern Nationals at Harewood House, follow the link to this years event that Stu is arranging.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=162130

Steve.

James.uk
5th February 2014, 16:03
Do'hhh.. :duh: .. Thanks Steve, I have added my name to the other list now... :o

I will try to improve innit.. :D

Fusilier
5th February 2014, 17:09
Do'hhh.. :duh: .. Thanks Steve, I have added my name to the other list now... :o

I will try to improve innit.. :D

Name added to the Harewood event, and would be great if we had a good attendance at this event as well, as it really is a good day out at Patley bridge in the Nidderdale Valley.

So I think it would be good if we could arrange for a location to meet, if that is what members wanted, and then have a convoy down to the event, which is a lovely drive from Ripon to Patley Bridge

Stu

ssizefive
9th February 2014, 18:18
I have edited the original post as Stu has forwarded me a email that says we all pay on the gate so no entry forms have to be sent off.
They need to know numbers from us early July so they can set an area aside for us as a club.
If you would like to attend please let me know & I will contact the MG club nearer the time with numbers.

Thanks
Steve.

Fusilier
9th February 2014, 18:30
I have edited the original post as Stu has forwarded me a email that says we all pay on the gate so no entry forms have to be sent off.
They need to know numbers from us early July so they can set an area aside for us as a club.
If you would like to attend please let me know & I will contact the MG club nearer the time with numbers.

Thanks
Steve.

Steve

Thanks for this, much appreciated. For those that have never attended this is an excellent day out. There will be some outstanding cars on show, there will also be quite a few other clubs attending. Last year Steve from MG lifestyles attended with a large group of his cars on show, and the MG ZR club also have a very large presence. It is amazing what some of the younger members of the MG marque have done, and this event is well worth attending, and Pateley Bridge has a lovely town with most of the shops open, and it is set in a very picturesque location

stu

Lynyrd Skynner
9th February 2014, 21:22
Can recommend this show , Myself and the family were on holiday in that part of the country last year and we popped along to the show and had a great time , had a chat with stu also , as stu has said its a fantastic spot to have a show really beautiful so can you put us down as a provisional for the moment.....

ssizefive
9th February 2014, 22:21
Can recommend this show , Myself and the family were on holiday in that part of the country last year and we popped along to the show and had a great time , had a chat with stu also , as stu has said its a fantastic spot to have a show really beautiful so can you put us down as a provisional for the moment.....

Name added, hope you can make it.

Thanks
Steve.

bobgrice
10th February 2014, 08:31
Could you please add me to the list

Bob

pab
10th February 2014, 08:34
I was disappointed that I missed last years event. I hope to attend this years, if you would like to add me as a possible..

ssizefive
10th February 2014, 09:46
Could you please add me to the list

Bob

Name added.

Thanks
Steve.

ssizefive
10th February 2014, 09:47
I was disappointed that I missed last years event. I hope to attend this years, if you would like to add me as a possible..

Name added, hope you can make it - I have not been to this one before as it clashes with the BL show but it looks like a good one & very local as well.

Steve.

ricardo65
10th February 2014, 16:03
sounds like a good day out can you put me down please

ssizefive
10th February 2014, 17:39
sounds like a good day out can you put me down please

I am certain it will be a great day out. I look forward to seeing you.

Steve.

Fusilier
10th February 2014, 18:32
I am certain it will be a great day out. I look forward to seeing you.

Steve.

Steve

I really do think that members who are attending this event will have a great day out

Here are some of my photo's from last year

http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/Stuart_McNulty/library/MG%20Harrogate%202013?sort=3&page=1

Stu

GJ53 DGO
16th February 2014, 21:26
Please put me down on the list, I can see august being a busy month for shows!

ssizefive
17th February 2014, 06:03
Please put me down on the list, I can see august being a busy month for shows!

The busy months are the best ones :}.
Name added.

Thanks
Steve.

ssizefive
19th February 2014, 15:42
I have just added my brother to the list who is going to bring his 260.

Steve.

Fusilier
20th February 2014, 18:52
Just to let everybody know, that this event has been opened up to allow us as the Rover 75 and MG ZT Club group have a club stand at this show, and that this is a very exclusive show, which normally only has the MG marque at the show, but we have been allowed to attend and they are allowing us to have a club stand, and of course, the MG Harrogate will also award a prize to the best club stand at the show, which would be good if we won it

It is a good day out and would be great if we could get a decent attendance to show how good our marques of cars are, and also to support the efforts of Steve (SSivefive) who is organising this on our behalf.

Stu

ssizefive
26th March 2014, 12:06
Just a quick bump on this one.

Steve.

willshot
3rd April 2014, 07:19
Can you add me to the list for this, please, Steve.

Will

ssizefive
3rd April 2014, 08:47
Can you add me to the list for this, please, Steve.

Will

Name added - My son will be pleased, he always says how much he likes your car :}

Steve.

ssizefive
21st May 2014, 13:54
Just a bump on this one - if anyone else would like to be added please let me know.
It looks like a great day out & Pateley Bridge is a stunning area.

Thanks
Steve.

Mdean22
1st June 2014, 22:14
Can you put my name down, with a mga if that's ok?

ssizefive
2nd June 2014, 06:04
Can you put my name down, with a mga if that's ok?

You have been added to the list - look forward to meeting you.

Steve.

Fusilier
2nd June 2014, 18:39
Steve

Might be bringing both cars, and entering the Blue one in the Premier Concourse event, as it won the concours last year, and have the red one on the Club Stand, and will let you know soonest

Stu

ssizefive
2nd June 2014, 19:59
Steve

Might be bringing both cars, and entering the Blue one in the Premier Concourse event, as it won the concours last year, and have the red one on the Club Stand, and will let you know soonest

Stu

No problem Stu, but won't it take you a long time to drive two cars there? :D:D

Steve.

Fusilier
3rd June 2014, 12:30
No problem Stu, but won't it take you a long time to drive two cars there? :D:D

Steve.

Steve

I have a cunning plan M'Lord

Stu

Bluejon
3rd June 2014, 22:43
Hi Steve,

Could you please add Jan & Myself to the list provisionally at the moment,will let you know before July if a deffo thanks Mate.

Bluejon & Silvervixen.

Cheers........John.

ssizefive
4th June 2014, 05:23
Hi Steve,

Could you please add Jan & Myself to the list provisionally at the moment,will let you know before July if a deffo thanks Mate.

Bluejon & Silvervixen.

Cheers........John.

It would be great to see you both if you can make it. Names have been added.

Thanks
Steve.

g20stu
4th June 2014, 05:49
Hi Steve please add my name been before its a good day out

stuart

GTPETE
4th June 2014, 16:49
had me please pete and bev

ssizefive
4th June 2014, 21:38
Hi Steve please add my name been before its a good day out

stuart

Name added - it will be great to see you Stuart.

Steve.

ssizefive
4th June 2014, 21:38
had me please pete and bev

Name added. I look forward to meeting you.

Steve.

ssizefive
20th June 2014, 10:58
Just a bump on this one - I need to let the organizers know some numbers at the beginning of July so they can allocate space for us.

Thanks
Steve.

bigd
20th June 2014, 18:37
As talked before Steve can you remove my name from list mate I am sure you will still have plenty of rovers there have a great day Derek

Lynyrd Skynner
20th June 2014, 18:56
Hi Steve , Any idea what the latest time is to be in the show ground and in position ? we are trying to find some accomodation around the area for the day of the show and for the following week ,......

ssizefive
21st June 2014, 08:26
As talked before Steve can you remove my name from list mate I am sure you will still have plenty of rovers there have a great day Derek

No problem Derek.
Good luck with the sale of the parts.

Steve.

ssizefive
21st June 2014, 08:28
Hi Steve , Any idea what the latest time is to be in the show ground and in position ? we are trying to find some accomodation around the area for the day of the show and for the following week ,......

I have emailed the MG club & asked the question - as soon as they come back to me I will let you know.
Hope you find somewhere to stay, it is stunning around there - I have my caravan parked at Strid Wood this weekend near Bolton Abbey which is not too far from Pateley Bridge & it is wonderful.

Steve.

Lynyrd Skynner
21st June 2014, 08:31
Yes I know what you mean , had a few trips on the Embsay steam Railway just down the road its a lovelly area.....

ssizefive
21st June 2014, 08:33
Yes I know what you mean , had a few trips on the Embsay steam Railway just down the road its a lovelly area.....

I work in Skipton, about 3miles from Embsay.

Steve.

ssizefive
1st July 2014, 09:00
Just a final bump on this one, I need to let the MG club know our numbers this weekend.

Thanks
Steve.

Lynyrd Skynner
1st July 2014, 12:03
I have emailed the MG club & asked the question - as soon as they come back to me I will let you know.
Hope you find somewhere to stay, it is stunning around there - I have my caravan parked at Strid Wood this weekend near Bolton Abbey which is not too far from Pateley Bridge & it is wonderful.

Steve.

Hi Steve did they come back with a time please...

ssizefive
1st July 2014, 12:19

Not really, this is what came back when I asked the question

'We are open Friday for camping. all day Saturday, we do a run for visitors.
I will be there on Saturday / Sunday 8.30 am .'

I will send another email & let you know.

Thanks
Steve.

ssizefive
1st July 2014, 12:42

Just had a reply, they like to get everyone on site by 12.00 & that most people arrive between 9.00 & 11.00.

Did you find somewhere to stay?

Steve.

Lynyrd Skynner
1st July 2014, 12:54
Thanks that's great , we have a short list of places just need to get on the phone quick!

ssizefive
1st July 2014, 12:57
Thanks that's great , we have a short list of places just need to get on the phone quick!

I'm sure you will find somewhere nice.

Steve.

ricardo65
1st July 2014, 19:56
Would it be possible for my brother to park with the club in his 45 as he's meeting me there for the day :}

ssizefive
1st July 2014, 21:29
Would it be possible for my brother to park with the club in his 45 as he's meeting me there for the day :}

I can't see why not.

Steve.

Fusilier
23rd July 2014, 18:00
Steve

As I mentioned on Sunday, can you add Ronnie to the list, as he will be coming down in my red ZT for the Club stand, and I will be putting my blue ZT in the arena

Have started cleaning both of them, ready for the show

Stu

BRI
23rd July 2014, 19:37
Bet I've left too late to be included in this?????:duh:

Fusilier
23rd July 2014, 19:43
Bet I've left too late to be included in this?????:duh:

Bri

No you turn up on the day and pay the entry fee on arrival, see first post which Steve published

Stu

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 06:14
Ronnie & Bri have both been added to the list. Only a week to go & I need to find some time to get the buffer out & to remove a nice scratch from my nsf wing & door :mad:.

Steve.

Fusilier
26th July 2014, 07:18
Steve

What has happened to your fantastic car ?

I am busy cleaning two cars for the show, as I want to make sure that they both look as good as I can get them

See you next week mate, and very much looking forward to this show

Are we planning on meeting somewhere and then drive as a group, or making our own ways there and meeting at Patley bridge

stu

willshot
26th July 2014, 07:40
Steve

I am busy cleaning two cars for the show, as I want to make sure that they both look as good as I can get them

Are we planning on meeting somewhere and then drive as a group, or making our own ways there and meeting at Patley bridge

stu

While you're in the mood Stu. If I visit my sister in Darlington next week I can drop my ZT off at yours in NA and you can polish that as well, that OK ??????:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fusilier
26th July 2014, 09:21
While you're in the mood Stu. If I visit my sister in Darlington next week I can drop my ZT off at yours in NA and you can polish that as well, that OK ??????:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Will

Yeah as I have not got enough to do, your car always looks nice, just give it a wipe over with an oily rag like I do !!!!!!

See you next Sunday, and hope that you enjoy the day, I have been going to this show for about 7 years and always enjoy the day

Stu

Beefy63
26th July 2014, 10:53
As a new member of the club I'm very interested in attending. Presumably there'll be plenty of parking available on the Sunday?

Fusilier
26th July 2014, 11:36
As a new member of the club I'm very interested in attending. Presumably there'll be plenty of parking available on the Sunday?

Keith

Steve is organising this for the club members and we have a club stand at the show, so members will be parking on the show ground along with a few other MG clubs and other marques will also be in attendance, the cost as steve has mentioned is to pay £5 on entry

Regards

stu

suzublu
26th July 2014, 11:47
Ronnie & Bri have both been added to the list. Only a week to go & I need to find some time to get the buffer out & to remove a nice scratch from my nsf wing & door :mad:.

Steve.

I don't think butter is going to get any marks out Steve:shrug::getmecoat::D

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 13:22
Steve

stu
I sold it to bigd!! I seem to have been the victim of car park damage, but i should be able to buff it out.

Steve

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 13:26
I don't think butter is going to get any marks out Steve:shrug::getmecoat::D

You had me checking my spelin then:D

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 13:28

I am sure we will find space for you. Look forward to meeting you next week.

Steve.

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 13:36
I have been in touch with Ken from the MG club and we now have an area for 18 cars reserved.

Steve.

Lynyrd Skynner
26th July 2014, 19:11
Hi Steve , I am down as a prov so please add me as a definite to attend , still have no where to stay yet but we are working on it or should I say er in doors is working on it...

ssizefive
26th July 2014, 19:52
Hi Steve , I am down as a prov so please add me as a definite to attend , still have no where to stay yet but we are working on it or should I say er in doors is working on it...

That's great news, am looking forward to seeing you there.

Steve.

Fusilier
26th July 2014, 20:16
I have been in touch with Ken from the MG club and we now have an area for 18 cars reserved.

Steve.

Steve

Thanks for all that you have done in getting this off the ground, and appreciated. I have got a very bust week ahead of me getting the cars ready

Stu

suzublu
26th July 2014, 20:28
Hadaway:cool: your cars are always ready:getmecoat: As long as "my" red one is clean;):D

Fusilier
27th July 2014, 17:53
Hadaway:cool: your cars are always ready:getmecoat: As long as "my" red one is clean;):D

Ronnie

Yes it will be clean, also getting the Air con re-gassed on Saturday as well, so that it is cool enough for you

:bowdown::D:D:bowdown:
stu

ricardo65
27th July 2014, 18:43
Ronnie

Yes it will be clean, also getting the Air con re-gassed on Saturday as well, so that it is cool enough for you

:bowdown::D:D:bowdown:
stu

Ronnie will look cool in anything he drives :D:D are you bringing my prezzie up to Harrogate Ron :}

suzublu
27th July 2014, 18:53
Ronnie will look cool in anything he drives :D:D are you bringing my prezzie up to Harrogate Ron :}

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Yes mate;)

pab
27th July 2014, 19:01
Still hope to attend. Is there a meeting point, or do we just turn up at the venue?

suzublu
27th July 2014, 19:20
Just turn up Paul, pay a fiver & tell then you're with us, or park on the field with the public;):}

Fusilier
27th July 2014, 19:25
Still hope to attend. Is there a meeting point, or do we just turn up at the venue?

Paul

on entry to the Nidderdale show ground, you pay the entry fee £5, and they will direct you to the club stand, if you tell them that you are with the Rover 75 and MG ZT Club

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.0834217,-1.7598283,209m/data=!3m1!1e3

We will be in the area above

this is the entrance to the show ground

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.084963,-1.761478,3a,75y,108.35h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sTC2Ryw0zyxlD36zUOTTv5A!2e0

Stu

Beefy63
28th July 2014, 13:34
I am sure we will find space for you. Look forward to meeting you next week.

Steve.

Looking forward to the event. See you on Sunday.

ssizefive
29th July 2014, 20:34
I intend to be at Pateley Bridge between 8.30 & 9.00am. If the weather decides to let us down I will have the gazebo with me as a 'just in case'.
I think my brother (marshap123) may even wash his car for the event - this being the first one he has attended :}, we have even painted the front bumper for him today to get rid of the stone thrash.

I look forward to seeing everybody on Sunday.

Steve.

g20stu
30th July 2014, 08:19
hi Steve so sorry can't make Sunday having new master cylinder fitted. been topping it for wile now. Andy is in Darlington fitting a clutch am so fitting my master in the afternoon hope you all have good day. looking forwards seeing any pictures posted on the thread

stuart

ssizefive
30th July 2014, 11:39
hi Steve so sorry can't make Sunday having new master cylinder fitted. been topping it for wile now. Andy is in Darlington fitting a clutch am so fitting my master in the afternoon hope you all have good day. looking forwards seeing any pictures posted on the thread

stuart

That's a shame Stu - thanks for letting me know.

Steve.

Fusilier
30th July 2014, 17:01
Steve

We (Ronnie and I) are leaving at around 0830 hrs and hope to be there by around 0930 hrs

I am currently getting one of my wheels refurbished so that it looks the part for the show (Spare, in shadow chrome from RS Alloys, popped down their at lunchtime, to get it done, and collect it tomorrow)

Stu

suzublu
30th July 2014, 18:39
Steve

We (Ronnie and I) are leaving at around 0830 hrs and hope to be there by around 0930 hrs

I am currently getting one of my wheels refurbished so that it looks the part for the show (Spare, in shadow chrome from RS Alloys, popped down their at lunchtime, to get it done, and collect it tomorrow)

Stu

Yeah, half past flipping 8 on a flipping Sunday flipping morning:cool::getmecoat::D and it's going to rain:o

ricardo65
30th July 2014, 19:03
Yeah, half past flipping 8 on a flipping Sunday flipping morning:cool::getmecoat::D and it's going to rain:o

setting off a hour earlier Ron in convoy with Dave and my bro planning to be there for 10 hopefully weather not to bad on Sunday :}

willshot
30th July 2014, 19:04
Steve

Stu

RS Alloys had a problem with one of my wheels so they did my spare for nowt. Top notch job they've done too.:D:D:D:D

Lynyrd Skynner
30th July 2014, 19:58
Myself and the family hope to be there around 10.00 , we are coming up friday and have booked a weeks holiday in sunny Morecambe , Lancs so its just under 2 hours drive to get to Pateley bridge , really looking forward to it , it was great last year .
I have met Fusilier and Pab at other meets but have not met any of the other members so really looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday and lets keep our fingers crossed for the weather...

ricardo65
30th July 2014, 20:14
Myself and the family hope to be there around 10.00 , we are coming up friday and have booked a weeks holiday in sunny Morecambe , Lancs so its just under 2 hours drive to get to Pateley bridge , really looking forward to it , it was great last year .
I have met Fusilier and Pab at other meets but have not met any of the other members so really looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday and lets keep our fingers crossed for the weather...

if I'm right in thinking I'm sure we met at reeds hotel Barton last Dec :}

Lynyrd Skynner
30th July 2014, 20:23
Hmmm , thats got me thinking , what part of the country is Barton......

BRI
30th July 2014, 20:25
:DNice people nice cars nice place B*****ks to the weather!!!!

Fusilier
30th July 2014, 20:26
RS Alloys had a problem with one of my wheels so they did my spare for nowt. Top notch job they've done too.:D:D:D:D

Will

they are an excellent company, and glad that you have used them, as they also did a superb job on all mine, and getting the Jag one's done next month

Have you had them done the same as they were, or gone for another colour

Stu

pab
30th July 2014, 20:28

Barton upon Humber, Trikey's neck of the woods and miles from your sunny location.

Look to be taking the Skipton road over the tops via Bentham, just outside Lancaster. It's a great road with loads of scenery.

Lynyrd Skynner
30th July 2014, 20:34
Yes I remember that meet , Pab you had just fitted your Seat leon front spoiler if memory serves , thanks for the tip via Bentham will try and give it a go....

pab
30th July 2014, 20:38
Yes I remember that meet , Pab you had just fitted your Seat leon front spoiler if memory serves , thanks for the tip via Bentham will try and give it a go....
Yep, that was the meet at the Hotel. The splitter is still fitted and kinda growing on me. :}

ssizefive
30th July 2014, 20:38
I'm sure we will have a great day no matter what the weather decides to do. Maybe the gazebo will be going up after all :}

Steve.

ricardo65
31st July 2014, 06:27

yeah like pab says miles from your neck of the wood and on the lovely banks of the muddy Humber :} the hotel is now closed due to the tidal surge in spring :getmecoat: see you on Sunday

willshot
31st July 2014, 06:49
Will

they are an excellent company, and glad that you have used them, as they also did a superb job on all mine, and getting the Jag one's done next month

Have you had them done the same as they were, or gone for another colour

Stu

Hi Stu,

no, I had them done in white, again.

Will

rosswalki
31st July 2014, 11:33
Hi all, I'm not a subscribed member, hope to sign up on Sunday if someone from the club is there. Is it ok if I bring my ZT down? I'm only up the road in Harrogate. If so what time are we meeting? Also if there's anyone coming from Harrogate/Otley/Leeds area etc then could maybe organise a convoy down to Pateley from The Sun Inn at Norwood?

ssizefive
31st July 2014, 11:39
Hi all, I'm not a subscribed member, hope to sign up on Sunday if someone from the club is there. Is it ok if I bring my ZT down? I'm only up the road in Harrogate. If so what time are we meeting? Also if there's anyone coming from Harrogate/Otley/Leeds area etc then could maybe organise a convoy down to Pateley from The Sun Inn at Norwood?

Hi, You would be more than welcome - one member has had to cancel so we do have a spare place available.
I aim to be there between 8.30 & 9.00.

Look forward to meeting you.

Steve.

Fusilier
31st July 2014, 12:40

Ross

As Steve has mentioned just make your way to the show ground, link in another thread of location on google maps, and on entering the show you will need to pay £5, and mentioned that you are with the Rover 75 and MG ZT Club, and the marshalls will give you instructions on where to park

I am coming down from the North, but I do know that a couple of members are coming from the Leeds area

Stu

rosswalki
31st July 2014, 22:15
Hi, thanks for the info, will see you down there then! For anyone that's interested in a convoy if we meet at The Sun Inn pub at around 9-9:30 and set off around 9:40 for Pateley. Look forward to seeing everyone down there for my first MG event of hopefully many more!

ssizefive
1st August 2014, 19:06
I drove through Pateley Bridge today & the MG club were busy setting up ready for the event, lets just hope this weather improves - it really isn't very good here at the moment.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Steve.

willshot
1st August 2014, 19:12
Forecast I've seen says heavy rain for tomorrow and light rain shower day for Sunday which I suppose is an improvement. Hopefully we'll still have a good event. :D:D:D:D

Fusilier
1st August 2014, 20:34
Forecast I've seen says heavy rain for tomorrow and light rain shower day for Sunday which I suppose is an improvement. Hopefully we'll still have a good event. :D:D:D:D

According to the latest forecast, Sunday looks out, cloudy start, but sunshine from around 1100 hrs onwards.

Blue ZT all finished and ready, picked up my spare wheel from RS Alloys today and had it done in shadow chrome.

Tomorrow I am taking red to get zircon re-gassed, and will spend most of tomorrow cleaning it

really looking forward to Sunday

Stu

Paul_T
1st August 2014, 21:52
Well after 8 months of being in storage I have got my 260 on the road in time for this, so will there be any space for it on the club stand or is it too late?

suzublu
1st August 2014, 21:55
Plenty space;) bring it down:D

Paul_T
1st August 2014, 21:57
Awesome. Took it to work today and it was certainly a different animal to my e90 330d which I usually drive!

Is it £5 a car or per person btw?

ssizefive
2nd August 2014, 07:31
Awesome. Took it to work today and it was certainly a different animal to my e90 330d which I usually drive!

Is it £5 a car or per person btw?

Hi, I am sure we will find space for you. According to the email the MG club sent me it is £5 per person.

Look forward to meeting you.

Steve.

Fusilier
2nd August 2014, 09:47
Just had the aircon re-gassed and the tracking done on the red ZT, so that Ronnie not only looks cool, but also will be cool :D:D:D:D

Will be giving it a good clean this afternoon and putting fuel in both cars

I am really looking forward to the show tomorrow, and looks like the weather will be ok. See you all tomorrow

Stu

pab
2nd August 2014, 11:02
Just had the aircon re-gassed and the tracking done on the red ZT, so that Ronnie not only looks cool, but also will be cool :D:D:D:D

I am really looking forward to the show tomorrow, and looks like the weather will be ok. See you all tomorrow

Stu
I think Ronnie will be wanting a 190 after the driving experience. He can then look cool as well as having a mid life crisis. :}

ricardo65
2nd August 2014, 11:21
Just had the aircon re-gassed and the tracking done on the red ZT, so that Ronnie not only looks cool, but also will be

Stu

looking forward to tomorrow as well Stu :} don't forget to polish the aircon pipes on ronnies drive as I know his are polished on his :D:D

Fusilier
2nd August 2014, 11:27
looking forward to tomorrow as well Stu :} don't forget to polish the aircon pipes on ronnies drive as I know his are polished on his :D:D

Already done, just need to give it a quick wash and brush up this afternoon

Stu

Fusilier
2nd August 2014, 11:28
I think Ronnie will be wanting a 190 after the driving experience. He can then look cool as well as having a mid life crisis. :}

Pab

Agreed

See you tomorrow

stu

ricardo65
2nd August 2014, 11:30
Already done, just need to give it a quick wash and brush up this afternoon

Stu

yeah just going to go and give mine a polish hopefully the drive to patley bridge �� will be kind to us tomorrow :}

Fusilier
2nd August 2014, 15:01
Rain Stops play (well for the time being)

Have been cleaning ready for tomorrow but rain has stopped play, so when it stops will go back out and finish off

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/CIMG2219_zpsfaeb1d71.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/CIMG2220_zpsa64b2743.jpg

so five minute break then into man cave and finish off Blue

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/CIMG2221_zpsbadacca2.jpg

Stu

Paul_T
2nd August 2014, 17:31
Looking good! What time do we have to be there to get onto the club stand? I am about 2 hours drive away so need a bit of notice!

Fusilier
2nd August 2014, 18:13
Looking good! What time do we have to be there to get onto the club stand? I am about 2 hours drive away so need a bit of notice!

Paul you should aim to arrive between 0930 hrs and 1000 hrs

Stu

ssizefive
2nd August 2014, 19:05
Well, looking at the weather forecast it appears to have improved :}, it is now saying it will be dry until early afternoon when there will be light showers & then drying up again until later on in the afternoon - much better than what it was showing yesterday.

Steve.

ricardo65
3rd August 2014, 06:00
beautiful morning :} just doing some last minute fetling before meeting Dave (GJ53DGO) for a maccy Ds brekie see you all in a couple of hours :} have a good journey

Mdean22
3rd August 2014, 09:08
Sorry to let you down, my little car has broken down :mad:

Bluejon
3rd August 2014, 10:44
My apologies for the late notice,we regrettably will not now be able to attend this meet,was really looking forward to meeting up with you all again,still,there will be other days,hope you all have a great day & the weather holds out to take plenty of piccies,enjoy yourselves till next time.

Best Regards.

John & Jan.

ssizefive
3rd August 2014, 16:33
Just back from another really good day out, many thanks to all that attended - it was great to catch up with the regulars & also to chat to some new faces. My apologies if I didn't get to speak to everyone, time just seemed to run away. I think we did well for the weather to hold out as well as it did.

Thanks again
Steve.

ssizefive
3rd August 2014, 16:36
My apologies for the late notice,we regrettably will not now be able to attend this meet,was really looking forward to meeting up with you all again,still,there will be other days,hope you all have a great day & the weather holds out to take plenty of piccies,enjoy yourselves till next time.

Best Regards.

John & Jan.

It is a shame you couldn't make it John, we will catch up soon.

Steve.

ssizefive
3rd August 2014, 16:36
Sorry to let you down, my little car has broken down :mad:

Oh dear, hope it is something straightforward.

Steve.

Mdean22
3rd August 2014, 16:48
Need to find somebody who can tune the mga. When it stalls it floods the engine and you have to wait 10 mins until it will start

willshot
3rd August 2014, 17:03
Brilliant day out at MG Harrogate Show, Pateley Bridge. Nice cars and good company (Stu, Steve and Ronnie and others).
Weather held out with only spots of rain.

A few pics of our stand.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WILLSHOT/DSC01808_zpsbc93f006.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WILLSHOT/DSC01807_zps4d3be2a4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WILLSHOT/DSC01806_zps452675de.jpg

Fusilier
3rd August 2014, 17:08
A few thank you's first to Steve for organising on our behalf, and to Ronnie for driving the red ZT down, and also to all the members who turned up to the event, when I get five minutes will post up the pictures I took.

The club stand looked good and from I can gather generated a bt of interest, had a couple of people with ZTs who turned up and parked in the general car park, and did not know about the club

Stu

suzublu
3rd August 2014, 17:49
Street cred totally ruined:o even got out blinged by Ricardo65 & his shiney under bonnet bits, & me in an MG:getmecoat: no chrome in sight:shrug::o
Good day otherwise, thanks to one & all, & Stu, i'll keep my car thanks;):D nearly put my foot through the floor when i pressed the clutch when i got back in:eek::D Nice noise, nice power, but a bit fiddly on the road;):D

ricardo65
3rd August 2014, 19:06
just got back great day and great meet a big thanks to Steve for organizing :bowdown: it will definitely be on my calendar for next year good to see old and new club members , nice to show Ronnie a bling or two under my bonnet :D and the weather was amazingly kind to us :}

ricardo65
3rd August 2014, 19:42
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37851&stc=1&d=1407094728

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37852&stc=1&d=1407094762

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37853&stc=1&d=1407094790

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37854&stc=1&d=1407094817

Fusilier
3rd August 2014, 20:13
My photo's from today

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2241_zps56844059.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2242_zps28743e62.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2243_zpsd3856752.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2244_zpsdb568bad.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2245_zps339e1423.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2246_zps9854bc53.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2247_zps5c230418.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2248_zps855e2140.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2249_zpsb8f388e4.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2250_zps86d51240.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2251_zps56819d19.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2252_zpsda27ac6a.jpg
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2253_zps2b4e72ba.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2254_zpsb26bc37a.jpg
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2255_zps03c83132.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2257_zpseca18aba.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2258_zps00c61503.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2260_zps71e8494e.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2222_zps75b4e1cc.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2223_zpsc2e4aea7.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2224_zps6d5348c3.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2225_zpsa859169e.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2227_zps62848014.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2228_zpsab52a9af.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2229_zpsda295052.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2230_zpsfb7b2b61.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2231_zpsae3aa232.jpg

Stu

Ricwin
3rd August 2014, 21:01
Spotted some very nice ZS's at the show today :getmecoat:

I enjoyed it anyway, plenty of great 75's and ZT's around. Wish I had brought my recently acquired tourer along but need to get a few things sorted on it first.
Nice meeting some of you chaps today, I arrived with Paul_T in the green 260.

Beefy63
3rd August 2014, 21:27
Really enjoyed my first event, thanks to Steve and Stu for the welcome :}
Have attached a few of my pictures from today.....

willshot
4th August 2014, 07:39
My photo's from today

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/Stuart_McNulty/Harrogate%202014/CIMG2248_zps855e2140.jpg

Stu

Great pics Stu. Just wondered who this guy was with the paunch and the attitude. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Fusilier
4th August 2014, 12:35
Great pics Stu. Just wondered who this guy was with the paunch and the attitude. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Will

Not sure but you are right, he did have a paunch and an attitude, maybe next time you see him, have a quiet word in his ear, and to cap it off, he was sat on your car

Stu

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DMGRS
4th August 2014, 16:57
It was good to see and chat to a few of you - had to run away early for a family do.
My ZT-T was parked behind the ZR and ZS guys just over the way from the Club stand.

suzublu
4th August 2014, 17:03
Yeah, we watched you leave with a scrape & clunk:D

DMGRS
4th August 2014, 17:08
Yeah, we watched you leave with a scrape & clunk:D

Ha! Bloomin' heat shield.... :D :D
It properly scraped about half way home on the M65 - had to pull over, and then the boys in blue also came to have a nosey. I have to say, being under a car pulling a heat shield off at the side of a motorway isn't fun!

GJ53 DGO
4th August 2014, 22:52
Stu! you could have told us we were having our picture taken and we'd have taken Sophies blanket off the sun visor!! lol

Ricwin
5th August 2014, 21:51
Ha! Bloomin' heat shield.... :D :D
It properly scraped about half way home on the M65 - had to pull over, and then the boys in blue also came to have a nosey. I have to say, being under a car pulling a heat shield off at the side of a motorway isn't fun!

Been there, done that, ruined a t-shirt :rolleyes:

ssizefive
6th August 2014, 15:10
I have sent a email to Ken from the MG club to thank him & his colleagues for Sundays event. He replied to thank us for attending & was glad we had enjoyed ourselves & he would look forward to seeing us again next year.

Steve.

Fusilier
6th August 2014, 17:10
I have sent a email to Ken from the MG club to thank him & his colleagues for Sundays event. He replied to thank us for attending & was glad we had enjoyed ourselves & he would look forward to seeing us again next year.

Steve.

Steve

Thanks for arranging this meet,and hopefully will be going again next year. Here is a picture that somebody took of my back to standard engine bay at the show

https://www.facebook.com/DurhamMgOwnersClub

Stu

PS next year, I am planning on having the Rover 75 and MG ZT Northern Nationals meet at Corbridge or Harrogate, and the plan is to award trophies like we did at Harewood last year

willshot
6th August 2014, 17:36
Echo what Stu said, Steve. Thanks for organizing this event. :D:D:D:D

It would be a good location for a National meet next year and not too far north for our southern members. Corbridge, though an excellent venue, maybe just that. :D:D:D:D

Lynyrd Skynner
6th August 2014, 18:40
Sorry its abit late but thanks for a great meet Steve , loved it we have stayed over in Morecambe for a few more days now back in sunny Bedfordshire .
Love the setting in Pateley Bridge great venue for a meet , it was good to chat to old faces and some new ones to , great stuff....

ssizefive
6th August 2014, 20:48
Echo what Stu said, Steve. Thanks for organizing this event. :D:D:D:D

It would be a good location for a National meet next year and not too far north for our southern members. Corbridge, though an excellent venue, maybe just that. :D:D:D:D

Now when you say southern Will you wouldn't be referring to me would you?? :D:D:D

ssizefive
6th August 2014, 20:49
Sorry its abit late but thanks for a great meet Steve , loved it we have stayed over in Morecambe for a few more days now back in sunny Bedfordshire .
Love the setting in Pateley Bridge great venue for a meet , it was good to chat to old faces and some new ones to , great stuff....

It was nice to meet you Steve, glad you had a good time.

Steve.

Lynyrd Skynner
7th August 2014, 09:31
Thanks Steve , forgot to mention 749.9 miles without any problems , great cars these.....

willshot
7th August 2014, 10:29
Now when you say southern Will you wouldn't be referring to me would you?? :D:D:D

Errrrrm....... what is it they say ? If the cap fits ........:D:D:D:D:D

ssizefive
7th August 2014, 20:38
Errrrrm....... what is it they say ? If the cap fits ........:D:D:D:D:D

Well that's it then - i am officially offended :D:D:D

Steve.

suzublu
7th August 2014, 20:41
Well that's it then - i am officially offended :D:D:D

Steve.

You're officially "Southern" :cool::D:D

ssizefive
7th August 2014, 20:52
You're officially "Southern" :cool::D:D

Right then,the house is going up for sale in the morning - i need to move ( North ) :D:D

Steve.

willshot
8th August 2014, 09:02
Right then,the house is going up for sale in the morning - i need to move ( North ) :D:D

Steve.

Thurso's nice. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D