PDA

View Full Version : ZT won't start

woody804
5th February 2014, 17:07
Hi all, been having random starting issues where my V6 wouldn't start when warm, plugged in an OBD reader and it showed P0340 Crank Sensor, I cleaned the sensor and put it back tried to start it heard a few clicks and now when I turn the key I get nothing, no attempt to start like before, just nothing.
I'm stumped!
Paul

tareim
5th February 2014, 17:09
I had this one time, turned out to be a flat battery (was given that code) does the lights flash at all?

woody804
5th February 2014, 17:12
No the lights don't flash, battery is ok.
Paul

MangoMan
5th February 2014, 17:31
Starter motor solenoid - has similar symptoms. Try turning the key to start in quick succession a few times.

johnny t
5th February 2014, 18:26
I had the same symptoms turned out to be the starter solenoid, but this was on a cdti mine did start as mangoman says after a few try's

woody804
6th February 2014, 08:31
Right, this confuses me even more now, I've just tried to start her and nothing, I've pulled every fuse and put back in and she started, great I thought, then I turned her off and guess what?
Dead again!
Confused.com
Paul

woody804
6th February 2014, 16:05
Ive just got the RAC to come out, they gave me a Tow and it jump started, but as soon as i turn her off she wont start again, so the RAC say its the starter motor.
Paul

MangoMan
6th February 2014, 16:15
Speak to Seancar - he supplied my Son with a S/H one when he had the same problem...