PDA

View Full Version : Spanner and family weekend

actros
9th February 2014, 12:36
To you all
A spanner and family weekend at Doncaster.
the week end of the Saturday 20th September and Sunday 21st September
The venue
Aeroventure Museum Doncaster
Friday night meal at the pub just down the road
Sat night BBQ
room for caravans and camping
caravans is £7.50 per night with electric hook up
camping is £5.00 " " " " " "
Cars per day £5.00
Toilets and showers 24 hours
Premier inn just down the road the address Doncaster Central Herton way
Post code DN4 7NW.
Those that are caravaning or camping can you say when you put your names down you can come Friday afternoon from 2 ish onwards.

List for names.

Nige B
9th February 2014, 12:42
be there one of the 2 days if not working Brian , will confirm nearer the time.

pab
9th February 2014, 13:13
I will be attending as usual, put my name down. :}

Raynor
9th February 2014, 13:19
Count me in too

lkhtyke
9th February 2014, 14:07
Actros, is the pub you are considering The Lakeside beefeater?

pab
9th February 2014, 14:28
Actros, is the pub you are considering The Lakeside beefeater?
It's a Brewers Fayre, just a short walk from the venue..

lkhtyke
9th February 2014, 14:53
Cheers Pab, I googled wrong pub/premier inn.

windrush
9th February 2014, 16:03
Best of luck with your meet Brian April is getting closer all the time. Can't wait to see you again I will give you a bell in the week

ssizefive
9th February 2014, 19:06
Not going to be able to make this one - it is the school half term & we are away:(
I will pass the gazebo onto someone at another meet.

Steve.

actros
9th February 2014, 19:09
List updated

ssizefive
10th February 2014, 18:55
Change of plan - really don't want to miss this so i have changed my holiday so Ross & i can attend.
Please add me to the list Brian.

Thanks
Steve.

whitegold
10th February 2014, 20:17
Count me in for Saturday, please Brian.

gbs100
10th February 2014, 20:19
Put me down for Sunday please:D

bigd
11th February 2014, 08:40
Put me down and gloria for the sunday cheers Derek:}

sikelsh
11th February 2014, 10:32
Will be there Saturday night, complete with Tent and Jenny

Simon

actros
11th February 2014, 20:41
Will be there Saturday night, complete with Tent and Jenny

SimonList up date lads

windrush
11th February 2014, 20:50
List up date lads

Looking good Brian best of luck with the meet

stocktake
11th February 2014, 20:53
Oooo I can see a nice bright green saloon with a black wrapped roof......... maybe not :D :D :D

Bluejon
12th February 2014, 13:06
Hiya Bri,

Can you pop us 2 on the list please,catch you later Mate.

Many Thanks,.......Ack.

Canonite
12th February 2014, 16:12
Put me down please (no Dave, no insults) :D
Add me to the list, slumming it in the Premier again

actros
12th February 2014, 20:25
Put me down please (no Dave, no insults) :D
Add me to the list, slumming it in the Premier againList now updated
:bowdown:

cjdonny
12th February 2014, 22:27
Rnd corner so add me :}

Bluejon
17th February 2014, 23:21
Jan & I have booked into Lakeside Premier for 3 nights Fri,Sat,Sun while the deal was still on.

Paul.blandy
18th February 2014, 22:36
Please put me down aswell

andy willi
19th February 2014, 07:27
do i have to put my name down

andy

actros
20th February 2014, 10:34
To you all
the week end of the Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June.
The venue
Sat night BBQ
Cars per day £5.00
Post code DN4 7NW.
Those that are caravaning or camping can you say when you put your names down

List for names.
1 Actros
2 Pab
2+ Nigeeb (poss) 2 days
3 Raynor
4 Ssizefive +ROS (caravaning )
5 Whitegold (sat)
6 gbs100 (sun)
7 Bigd +1 (sun)
8 Sikelsh + her in doors (camping)
9 Bluejon and Jan (hotel)
10 Canonite (Premier ) inn
11 Cjdonny
12 Paul.blandy
13 Andy Willi List all up dated so come lads get your names down for a great weekend and jobs done on your motors.:bowdown:

jubby
1st March 2014, 14:22
definately going to this but dont tell ssizefive he would make plans to go elsewhere.

ssizefive
1st March 2014, 15:16
definately going to this but dont tell ssizefive he would make plans to go elsewhere.

:D:D:D Bumper off time again Ken??

Steve.

jubby
1st March 2014, 15:47
no steve seats out needs air bags sorting for mot

ssizefive
1st March 2014, 15:56
no steve seats out needs air bags sorting for mot

Something different then:} Is it the seat connections or do we need Russ to T4 it so we know what is at fault? I know on my brothers 260 it was the side impact sensor that put the light on & on wedgewud's launch car it was the osr seatbelt connection that was at fault.

Steve.

jubby
1st March 2014, 17:26
have replaced ecu and drivers side impact sensor but light still on.big russ will be working his magic on it but he thinks the seats will have to come out and they are heavy.i am going to sherwood forest so hope to see you there and your latest 75.

cjdonny
2nd March 2014, 23:24
anyone with T4 attending?:}

James.uk
3rd March 2014, 04:48
I will try to pop over for a social visit, time and day are weather dependent innit... :}

If any fees are involved I will happily pay in milk bottle tops and cowbell ringing on the day.. :}

actros
21st March 2014, 19:57
I will try to pop over for a social visit, time and day are weather dependent innit... :}

If any fees are involved I will happily pay in milk bottle tops and cowbell ringing on the day.. :}
...COME ON LADS GET YOUR NAMES DOWN FOR A GREAT WEEKEND .:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

arthur2k3
23rd March 2014, 16:31
put myself and wife please. First of many. Forgot to say will bring caravan.

andy willi
23rd March 2014, 18:39
put myself and wife please. First of many. Forgot to say will bring caravan.
you are most welcome see you there

andy

actros
23rd March 2014, 19:14
put myself and wife please. First of many. Forgot to say will bring caravan.will put your name on the list mate. we are open on the Friday if you want to come will be from 2ish onwards .

Delirious
28th March 2014, 20:02
hi all,,put me and the mrs down for this one, we will be camping again
looking forward to seeing you all again

andylwilson
15th April 2014, 17:11
Put me down please thanks will be camping

eumjmorris
19th April 2014, 18:03
yes please add my name, I should be there at least one day. thanks, regards, Mike M.

lkhtyke
20th April 2014, 14:11
i will try to get time off work.which day is the spanner day?

ssizefive
20th April 2014, 20:28
i will try to get time off work.which day is the spanner day?

Saturday is the better of the two days but if you can only make Sunday then I would suggest mid morning.

Steve.

GJ53 DGO
26th April 2014, 20:15
Can you put me and the family down for camping please :}:}

Nige B
26th April 2014, 21:28
Hi Brian , unfortunately working both days but will try and pop in for a chat.

lexey5900
28th April 2014, 20:40
put me and mitch down please will be camping

lexey5900
28th April 2014, 20:41
Saturday is the better of the two days but if you can only make Sunday then I would suggest mid morning.

Steve.

saturday night is deffo better lol plenty of drink and plenty of laughs

arthur2k3
29th April 2014, 13:30
Hi, I and the wife are coming up to the family meet and I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to help do my drive belts. I cant get down to well.I would willingly buy them a drink for this. Also does anyone know where I can put my caravan safely for the two weeks before the meet as we are in Cleethorpes till the 17th may, only its a long haul to Norwich. Any help would be very appreciated. It will be great to put faces to names.

sikelsh
29th April 2014, 13:57
Ayop all, is anyone going that has changed the plastic manifold on a 1.8T to Silver VVC manifold that could lend/help point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Simon

McLaren
30th April 2014, 02:18
Even tho don't have my zt now will pop a long on the sat to see you all agen if ok and lend a hand.

GJ53 DGO
30th April 2014, 08:37
I've had the VVC inlet installed but didn't do it myself, you're welcome to have a nosey under my bonnet, it's been done on a 1.8T

Arthur, I may be able to help with caravan storage for a couple of weeks, unfortunately I'm on the north bank of the Humber, as the crow flies I'm very close to Cleethorpes but it's about 45mins to an hours drive over the bridge. If you're interested drop me a pm but I understand it is the wrong way for you.

mickfgr2
4th May 2014, 20:57
hi can you put me down for this one again please,possibly attending both days but sleeping in my own bed as i only live 1:5 mile away . thanks Mick

GMT
6th May 2014, 09:58
Count me in please Brian

actros
6th May 2014, 18:45
Count me in please Brian List updated .

GJ53 DGO
8th May 2014, 15:42
Stick my name in please Brian, I appear to have been missed

Big John R
13th May 2014, 21:56
I will make every effort to attend.
Big John R

Happy Wanderer
15th May 2014, 19:12
I will try & get on sat eve if that's ok. If I finish work at a reasonable time :}

stocktake
15th May 2014, 19:49
Well as some may know Marina is waiting for a long overdue knee operation, to see her struggling on is sometimes quite distressing :(
Anyway life sucks, fact.
She has just got her date for her extensive knee surgery , wed 28th all being well discharged 29th or 30th. She is adamant she will still be going, but how you go camping in a wheel chair or at the best crutches I just don't know. Rest assured that even if we cannot make it ( no way I could leave her alone ) then I will ensure your burgers ,sausages, chicken wings, breadcakes and finger rolls will be there. All from the same independent butcher we have come to use for our meets, sirlion burgers, quality sausage and a cracking BBQ coating on the chicken.

D...

ssizefive
15th May 2014, 21:31
Well as some may know Marina is waiting for a long overdue knee operation, to see her struggling on is sometimes quite distressing :(
Anyway life sucks, fact.
She has just got her date for her extensive knee surgery , wed 28th all being well discharged 29th or 30th. She is adamant she will still be going, but how you go camping in a wheel chair or at the best crutches I just don't know. Rest assured that even if we cannot make it ( no way I could leave her alone ) then I will ensure your burgers ,sausages, chicken wings, breadcakes and finger rolls will be there. All from the same independent butcher we have come to use for our meets, sirlion burgers, quality sausage and a cracking BBQ coating on the chicken.

D...

If Marina is not well enough to attend could you bring the wheelchair & crutches over anyway - there are usually a few people there who can make use of them, especially late evening on the Saturday :D.
I hope Marina makes a speedy recovery from the op.

Steve.

Bluejon
16th May 2014, 00:10
Dave,

Could you please pass on to Marina our very special wishes for a good & speedy recovery,hope all goes well,I personally know what she has been going through after my hip-op a couple of years ago.

Keep your spirits up,hope to see you both soon,at Doncaster hopefully,got a wee job for you Dave,only joking mate.Jan & I hope you are both keeping as well as possible,in the meantime here's to you Kid get well soon,all our love & best wishes to you both,God Bless.

Jan & John.

Simondi
20th May 2014, 06:49
This may be a possibility depending on SWMBO's shifts

Union Wheels
21st May 2014, 19:27
Please add my name to the list for attendance on both Saturday 31/5/14 and Sunday 1/6/14

Pete.

cjdonny
21st May 2014, 23:38
My mate is also wondering if he would be welcome
In his mg although its a maestro turbo

alvis21
22nd May 2014, 12:09
Could you add me too the list please. Saturday only as things stand.

stocktake
22nd May 2014, 16:55
Panic :panic::panic::panic: panic

Called in to the butchers today to place the order, unfamiliar face behind the counter. :(
It appears the lease is up on the shop, there is a temp butcher in there until the shop is sold and it will no longer be a butchers

Panic :panic::panic::panic: panic

don't panic chaps leave it with me ;)

whitegold
22nd May 2014, 20:59
Best wishes to your good lady for a full and speedy recovery after her operation.
There'll be an empty space if you are both not there, but like you say ''Life can sometimes be a *** ''. All the best.

andy willi
26th May 2014, 17:46
ok the entertainment is sorted

a cricket match team to be sorted on the day

pass the parcel entry fee is £2.50 as i have spent money, and the prizes are good ( no booby prizes ) (all moneys made to the museum )

the good old *** doing the barby

loads of booze and the fun doing it

and the good quiz i have spent weeks on

andy

robbrooks
27th May 2014, 15:01
Please count me in for Saturday. I've just spoken to Andy Willi about my noise. Hopefully someone will be able to identify what the noise:} is!

sikelsh
29th May 2014, 08:22
Ayop chaps, I need to be reduced to a day visitor for Saturday only :(

Jens still not right and we have all kinds of building works happening at the minute so no time to get the **** taken out of me for wearing ladies pants! :o

Need to get our drive finished so I can collect a car from Russ too.... stressed...

In fact move the meet to my house and we can do brick laying instead!! :D

Simon

ricklincs45
29th May 2014, 13:11
I'll be there Sat' morning,

Rick

actros
29th May 2014, 14:21
I'll be there Sat' morning,

RickList updated. Come lads those that havent got there names down only 1 day to go its going to be a great weekend.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

robbrooks
30th May 2014, 06:31
The 4th Dull and overcast November morning in a row and it's the end of May! We do miss out on all that potential sunshine above the clouds. May's sunshine is on par with March sunshine. We should be getting 14 hours per day, instead we get 30 minutes per day if we are lucky. The very last day of May will produce the goods and remind us of what summer should be like!
Rob (The only Weatherman in the club and still working for the Met Office).
:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:} :}

cjdonny
30th May 2014, 19:13
What time is this starting Saturday:D

ssizefive
30th May 2014, 22:03
What time is this starting Saturday:D
Anytime from about 9 onwards.

Steve.

Xtra100
30th May 2014, 23:57
On Sunday I'll attend. Can anyone help me swap all 5 seats over? I'll need to borrow t20 torx and such.

andy willi
31st May 2014, 06:17
morning all up and removing a bumper to get at a fan and its only 7,15 this is going to be a long day

andy

cjdonny
31st May 2014, 07:15
Love someone to get them screws of bottom of my bumper :-)

Happy Wanderer
31st May 2014, 10:33
Not gonna be able to make this eve now :getmecoat: been sent to Scotland so won't be back. Hope everyone has a great weekend :}

Cheers

Andy

stocktake
31st May 2014, 11:05
Wish I had known that, I have a TF bonnet that needs to go to Gretna for Sworks , oh well

yzf600r
31st May 2014, 13:30
Hoping to make it across tomorrow. Do you also get entrance to air museum?

cjdonny
31st May 2014, 17:03
Hope i can turn up Sunday after paying for Saturday?

pab
31st May 2014, 17:59
Hope you all have had a nice productive day, and are all ready for the evenings entertainment.

Sorry I couldn't be with you today, work got in the way. Hopefully I'll have a ride over tomorrow.

Don't forget the pictures. :}

Happy Wanderer
31st May 2014, 19:18
Wish I had known that, I have a FT bonnet that need to go to Gretna for Sworks , oh well

Hmmm the men in suits might frown on summat that big bein shoved in me cab lol :D hope u all have a good night

andylwilson
31st May 2014, 20:38
If anyone is coming Sunday that has a side airbag sensor I'm needing one please

Nige B
31st May 2014, 20:56
If anyone is coming Sunday that has a side airbag center sensor I'm needing one please
Do you mean one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-25-45-MG-ZS-Airbag-Module-Sensor-YWC107010-/261119343051?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ccbecf9cb

andylwilson
31st May 2014, 21:45
Do you mean one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-25-45-MG-ZS-Airbag-Module-Sensor-YWC107010-/261119343051?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ccbecf9cb

Mines green

andylwilson
31st May 2014, 21:46
We need more people to come Sunday please

mickfgr2
31st May 2014, 22:35
had a great time today & a big thank you to stocktake for checking & repairing my vis motors, the car seems a lot smoother & it seems to have stopped the pulsing under heavy acceloration.
hope you all have a great night but don't drink too much:D:D:D
mick

ps thanks for the center caps also they fit just fine

Xtra100
31st May 2014, 22:42
We need more people to come Sunday please

I'm going. Hoping someone can help me fit 5 seats. Although new drivers seat is missing plugs so not sure what to do. Only wires are there.

Nige B
1st June 2014, 06:51
Mines green
These then ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-MG-ZT-AIRBAG-SRS-SIDE-IMPACT-SENSOR-YDB100310-/201097960731?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A75&hash=item2ed25f5d1b

stocktake
1st June 2014, 07:39
Managed to get there mid Sat afternoon with the grub, Marina on her crutches was determined not to miss this. Sorry we couldn't stop the night but it would have been a little too much for her.
Anyway, nice to see faces old and new. Did manage to resurrect a pair of dead Vis motors for Mick, nice to see you noticed an improvement.

And Yes I actually gave away a set of 57mm centres to Mick. They came with my 11 spokes, somebody had done a rather good job of fitting resin centres to a 57mm frame. They do look good don't they Mick, and as it appears the 57mm rover centres are rarer than rare, pointless them sitting in my tool box ;)

Quiz was funny and needs to be a permanent fixture

Then up turns Mr Willi, with the biggest bunch of flowers Marina had ever seen. She was overwhelmed Andy, thankyou to all involved and the card that everyone signed was just a bit special too.

Now was that a tear you saw in my eye, not on your life I'm a hard case me, never touched by people who think of others ;)

Sikelsh was allowed out just for a few hours I hear before having to go do his chores as a kept man now :D

Thanks again to all that attended yesterday nice to see Al ( Respect fella;) ) And also Carla put in an appearance.

Funny to see Jonathan sat in the corner with his first real girlfriend, ( where is that inflatable now? Did anyone check Blians tent? Love you long time Blian, air fare not included :D) Anyway Jonathan secretly holding hands and hoping nobody said anything untoward. I think he was quite relieved to learn I was driving and hence no alcohol :) Jonathan, real girls don't come with instructions i'm afraid :D

Oh, What time did the falling off chars competition start, who won?...........:getmecoat:

hope it goes well today all.....

Dave & Marina :)

andylwilson
1st June 2014, 08:07
These then ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-MG-ZT-AIRBAG-SRS-SIDE-IMPACT-SENSOR-YDB100310-/201097960731?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A75&hash=item2ed25f5d1b

Thats the one thanks

Nige B
1st June 2014, 08:14
Thats the one thanksIhave what you need , but not sure if I will get there today or not. Where in Donny area do you live if I don't make it .

robbrooks
1st June 2014, 08:57
Hi all
A big thank you to everyone, especially to Andi Willi and everyone who helped with my bonnet catch. It was a coincidence that on my journey to the event the red warning light on the dash flashed a few times warning of a door open. It seems our cars know when to flag up at the right time when anything is wrong. (My fault wasn't anything like blue John of course!) It was clear it was the bonnet release mechanism. Andi got to work with his WD and a few quick tugs and repaired in minutes! I'm impressed so impressed I've booked Andi to fit my failing clutch.

Nice meeting everyone else and sharing stories. We will be back again!
:smilie_re:
Rob

James.uk
1st June 2014, 15:23
Arrgghhh.. I didn't think for one minute that Marina would be well enuff to go, so that meant no Dave either, or so I thought. :duh: :o :o

Great to hear that Marina is up and about again though.. :}

So I decided to take a friend and his Mrs to Colwyn bay to see the new seafront. But unfortunately his wife was having a bad day with her M.R.S. and was unable to make the trip, so I ended up coming home again.. :o

eumjmorris
1st June 2014, 16:38
Andy, it's Mike, are you sorted yet, else I have one here that I could have brought if I'd known, and can post to you for free if you send/PM me an address...good to meet you more, and to meet Karen and Alfie, regards, M.

yzf600r
1st June 2014, 17:35
Great day out today good to meet a few people and swmbo now wants ssizefive's odyssey blue 75 and andy's front bumper is a work of art.

andylwilson
1st June 2014, 19:04
Ihave what you need , but not sure if I will get there today or not. Where in Donny area do you live if I don't make it .

Thanks mate saved my life test is due soon so need the light out

andylwilson
1st June 2014, 19:10
Andy, it's Mike, are you sorted yet, else I have one here that I could have brought if I'd known, and can post to you for free if you send/PM me an address...good to meet you more, and to meet Karen and Alfie, regards, M.

Got sorted Mike thanks was great to meet you to think Alfie enjoyed it the most

andylwilson
1st June 2014, 19:13
Great day out today good to meet a few people and swmbo now wants ssizefive's odyssey blue 75 and andy's front bumper is a work of art.

Thanks mate . loved your car sounded great when you drove off

yzf600r
1st June 2014, 19:15
quick pic from today

eumjmorris
1st June 2014, 19:23
A big thank-you to Brian and Andy, and to all who attended this weekend, made it a great event even if attendance wasnt as many as hoped...the museum is so good too, and under-visited as little-enough known. Regards, Mike M.

Union Wheels
1st June 2014, 19:49
Hi all, Donna and I enjoyed the weekend.

A big thank you to the organizers, and looking forward to future events.

Cheers, Pete.

andylwilson
1st June 2014, 20:31
I'm going. Hoping someone can help me fit 5 seats. Although new drivers seat is missing plugs so not sure what to do. Only wires are there.

Did you get you seats in when you got home would have helped you if it been earlier in the day but had to get packed up and set off home

Nige B
1st June 2014, 21:57
Thanks mate saved my life test is due soon so need the light out
Glad to have been able to help...pity i didn't have time to spare to have a chat but life sometimes gets in the way...maybe next time.cheers

ssizefive
2nd June 2014, 06:02
I have had a excellent weekend, it was great to catch up with everyone & meet some new members as well.
Many thanks to all involved in arranging the meet.

Steve.

andy willi
2nd June 2014, 18:50
well i had a brilliant weekend got a few jobs done for a few people and the Saturday evening was as brilliant as every though i will have to get it better , many thanks to all who donated to the card and flowers for marina it brought a tear to daves eyes and i did see one although he wont admit it

here are a few pictures i took

many thanks to all who attended and hope to see you all in september

just a last word many thanks to my better half for all the work see put in i could not do it without here

andy

pab
2nd June 2014, 18:57
I see Raynor has a bird. :D

andy willi
2nd June 2014, 18:57
more pictures i dont know how to bulk up load

andy willi
2nd June 2014, 18:59

if you had only been there you would have met here she is called sarah and we are very proud of here

andy

andy willi
2nd June 2014, 19:03
I have had a excellent weekend, it was great to catch up with everyone & meet some new members as well.
Many thanks to all involved in arranging the meet.

Steve.

so you are thanking yourself you are a star and we all need your help, you are part of the team and many thanks to you, see you at harewood :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

andy

ssizefive
2nd June 2014, 19:53

& a very pleasant young lady she is too.

Steve.

ssizefive
2nd June 2014, 19:56
so you are thanking yourself you are a star and we all need your help, you are part of the team and many thanks to you, see you at harewood :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

andy

Thanks Andy, everybody that was there made the weekend what it was - we are all one big team :}.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Steve.

pab
2nd June 2014, 20:24
if you had only been there you would have met here she is called sarah and we are very proud of here

andy
Work commitments forced my absence, perhaps I will also miss the Harewood house show. But work comes first unfortunately and I'm committed to the new job..

Canonite
2nd June 2014, 21:06
It was a short but sweet visit as I had to collect the kiddywinkles, can't really have Willow stomping round chewing on peoples bumpers (she chews the launch car grille) :D

andylwilson
2nd June 2014, 21:20
Glad to have been able to help...pity i didn't have time to spare to have a chat but life sometimes gets in the way...maybe next time.cheers

Going to fit it at the weekend, I know what you mean about life getting in the way

andylwilson
2nd June 2014, 21:27
It was a great weekend and I'm looking forward to the next one and so is Alfie

cjdonny
5th June 2014, 19:36
3 pics i got from the meet

was not there for long sorry

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/CJDONNY/20140531_123421_zps8b0bf2e7.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/CJDONNY/media/20140531_123421_zps8b0bf2e7.jpg.html)

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/CJDONNY/20140531_123338_zps89fd60af.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/CJDONNY/media/20140531_123338_zps89fd60af.jpg.html)

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/CJDONNY/20140531_123316_zps16af1dd8.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/CJDONNY/media/20140531_123316_zps16af1dd8.jpg.html)

Bluejon
5th June 2014, 23:09
Jan & I arrived home safe & sound,after a very eventful & thoroughly enjoyable weekend,firstly on the eventful front & right out of the "BLUEY" forgive the pun,she decided, in the middle of a huge hold up on the A1 nr Ferrybridge,she no longer needed the cooling fan,so not content to seize it,she also decided to burn it out.

I was actually on the roadside phone,as at first I thought she had overheated,suddenly from the the grill smoke accompanied by an electrical burning smell appeared,fearing we had a fire,the agency guy phoned the Fire Service,who & I can't praise them enough,were there within 10 mins or so.

By then the smoke had virtually disappeared,after a thorough check & satisfied there was no longer a fire risk,they disconnected the battery for safety & went on there way.

Jan & I are members of the RAC,who duly arrived & proceeded to find the problem,after ascertaining it was indeed,a very seized fan motor,decided it was a towing job to our destination.

Well I suppose their has got to be a first for everything,duly arriving at the meet in an RAC Van with the offender in tow,talk about red in the face,I don't think Brian [Actros] will ever let us live it down,still at least we made it,at this point I would like to pay a special thank you to the Yorkshire Fire Service,the Motorway Traffic Agency & the RAC especially the Patrol Guy,without whom we would not have made it.

Jan & I would now like say a very big special thank you to the following Yorkshire Members who pulled out all the stops to sort old Bluey out;

Andy [Andy Willie].......For sourcing & working like a Trojan with some assistance from his young apprentice Brian [Actros] sorry Bri,to fit a fan motor, pics following,cheers Lads we are eternally grateful for all you did.

Steve [Ssizefive].........For fitting our new projector Headlights,they look superb,many thanks Mate,what fantastic friends these Guys are,I would certainly recommend that members if they possibly can, attend these Yorkshire Spanner Meets,great People,great Venue,. all round great weekends.

Would like to finish off with saying it was great meeting up with old friends & meeting some new ones,last but by no means least,Jan & I were so pleased that Marina & Dave [Stocktake] could make it along on Saturday,following Marina's Knee Op,best wishes for a good recovery.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/003A.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/003A.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/004A.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/004A.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/005A-1.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/005A-1.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/008A.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/008A.jpg.html)
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/009A-1.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/009A-1.jpg.html)

The Offending Article.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/013A-2.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/013A-2.jpg.html)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn276/jonjanack/016A-1.jpg~original (http://s306.photobucket.com/user/jonjanack/media/016A-1.jpg.html)

Very Best Regards.

John & Jan.

andylwilson
7th June 2014, 08:12
Ihave what you need , but not sure if I will get there today or not. Where in Donny area do you live if I don't make it .

Looks like it did the trick thanks mate

andylwilson
18th June 2014, 09:14
When are the dates for the next one just want to make sure it doesn't clash with mine thanks

actros
16th July 2014, 18:33
the week end of the Saturday 19th September and Sunday 20th
The venue
Sat night BBQ
Cars per day £5.00
Post code DN4 7NW.
Those that are caravaning or camping can you say when you put your names down you can come Friday afternoon from 2 ish onwards.

Names