PDA

View Full Version : News: We now offer clutch changes including Slave from £329 (NW England)

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 14:36
Hello guys and girls,

As you'll know I recently bought a ZT-T with a slipping clutch, and had it replaced with the parts I supply. I used a local trusted garage for this, who I have to say did an excellent job - I've checked the work over and it's all spot on.

As such, I've since been in touch with them to arrange a clutch fitting service for members, and have been able to finalise a deal which will benefit members and hopefully save some of our excellent cars from being scrapped due to clutch failure.

The car will need to either be driven or recovered to our garage, located in Southport, Merseyside.

How much will it cost?
Pricing is as follows:
- CDT/CDTi Borg & Beck clutch and slave inc. fitting - £329.99
- 1.8 (non-turbo) Borg & Beck clutch and slave inc. fitting - £349.99
- 1.8T (Turbo) Borg & Beck clutch and slave inc. fitting - £359.99
- V6 (2.0 or 2.5, please specify) Borg & Beck clutch and slave inc. fitting - £359.99

- Metal Master Cylinder only (inc. fitting) - £119.99

If you're having a clutch kit fitted, add £110 to have a Metal Master Cylinder fitted at the same time.

All work is warranted as you'd expect.
To order and book, click here:
http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/our-workshop-fitting-services/products/75-zt-clutch-kits-including-fitting-at-our-workshop-southport-nw-england

andyg2011
13th February 2014, 14:40
Super news well done Sir :bowdown:

doopydug
13th February 2014, 14:51
Don't you offer it for the 1.8 T ?

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 15:03
Don't you offer it for the 1.8 T ?

Now added - it's on the list, just skipped my mind. :D

tareim
13th February 2014, 15:06
good offer for those members up north, you are missing options to get the master done at the same time on your site though

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 15:09
Just added now. Still building the page at the moment. :D

Edit: Now added to drop-down menu.

doopydug
13th February 2014, 17:08
A great service and a good price - good to see it as a set price option on the web !

Once google spiders crawl through your website a few times, I am sure you will get a lot of business !

Well done, once again

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 18:19
Thank you - I'll be offering fixed-price serving soon too.
One step at a time... :D

David Lawrence
13th February 2014, 18:35
Thank you - I'll be offering fixed-price serving soon too.
One step at a time... :D

Southport is a pretty nice place to visit as well from what I remember. This week might not see it at its best though.

A 6 hour wait could be pleasantly spent, especially in summer.

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 20:00
It is indeed - although a bit windy today!
I've lived here my whole life, and wouldn't move away for the world.

Visitors have the pier, countless scenic gardens and plenty of places for good food and drink. We also have a pretty good fair for you thrill seekers. :p:

Also, Lierpool is a 40 min train ride away if you fancy the museums etc.

Tatts
13th February 2014, 20:43
That is fantastic value!

I won't say what I paid at an X-Part service centre, but It would pay for more than 2 clutch changes.

DMGRS
13th February 2014, 23:23
Thank you for the good feedback so far.
So who's going to be the first to give it a bash? :D

Also, fixed price servicing will be added shortly.

David Lawrence
14th February 2014, 04:53
Thank you for the good feedback so far.
So who's going to be the first to give it a bash? :D

Also, fixed price servicing will be added shortly.

I'm tempted, but i want to fit the tazu master I had from you last month first. I don't have any slipping or any leaks, just a rough pedal feel and it sticks for the last inch of travel most of the time. Just waiting for a warm day to do it.

DMGRS
14th February 2014, 09:26
I'm tempted, but i want to fit the tazu master I had from you last month first. I don't have any slipping or any leaks, just a rough pedal feel and it sticks for the last inch of travel most of the time. Just waiting for a warm day to do it.

I'd say fit the Master first - it could well be the cause of your issues. Mine was very similar before it failed entirely.
No point spending money if you don't have to... :)

David Lawrence
14th February 2014, 09:37
I'd say fit the Master first - it could well be the cause of your issues. Mine was very similar before it failed entirely.
No point spending money if you don't have to... :)

Was just about to but the rain came. At least I found the source of my front end knocking - drivers side track rod end on its way out.

vindaloo
14th February 2014, 09:39
They are great prices and I'm sure they will help to keep member's cars on the road, although I shan't be using your services as both my cars are autos.

DMGRS
14th February 2014, 09:47
They are great prices and I'm sure they will help to keep member's cars on the road, although I shan't be using your services as both my cars are autos.

You lucky man. :D
My Auto never gave me a spot of bother - I only went to a manual as I found a ZT-T in the spec I wanted.
True to form, I had to change the whole clutch system as soon as I got it home...!

nomzamo999
14th February 2014, 10:52
For CDTi owners, it might be worth quoting a second price, including DMF.
From bitter experience I know this can be a nasty addition to the bill if you're not expecting it.

DMGRS
14th February 2014, 10:56
Very true. It's something I'll keep on the shelf, but hope I don't ever need!
Luckily most DMFs seem to outlive the cars. On 142k mine only had about 15mm of play.

Jakg
11th September 2014, 20:00
Anyone taken you up on this offer yet?

500 mile round trip is only £75 of diesel, I don't think I'll find a garage round here to do it for anywhere near £400...