PDA

View Full Version : Anglo-Scottish Meet 2014

FrazzleTC
14th February 2014, 18:48
Just to let you all know that the event has been booked for Gretna, on the 20th of July, so it's the same venue, and, same weekend, as last year! Hopefully this gives you as much notice as possible, so we can see if it can be the busiest ever! This will be the fifth of these meets, and the first that I've organised, so I hope I can maintain Derek's very high standard in previous years!
Since there's plenty of time until the event, if anyone has any suggestions for new features to try at the event, I'm very open to suggestions!

Fraser

windrush
14th February 2014, 18:58
Just to let you all know that the event has been booked for Gretna, on the 20th of July, so it's the same venue, and, same weekend, as last year! Hopefully this gives you as much notice as possible, so we can see if it can be the busiest ever! This will be the fifth of these meets, and the first that I've organised, so I hope I can maintain Derek's very high standard in previous years!
Since there's plenty of time until the event, if anyone has any suggestions for new features to try at the event, I'm very open to suggestions!

Fraser

It would be nice to have a National there one day Fraser

keithybhoy
14th February 2014, 20:01
Im game for gretna this year but it might be too small a site for a national meet tho.

a couple of ideas tho. Most of us all have kids and some of us bring them along and id love to bring mine but there aint really much for the kids to do while we talk about our cars. Dont know what we could do but if we bang our heads together i know we could come up with something.

it would be great if we could try to get a feature in a magazine like ppc or retro rides(dont think mge would be intersted) as im sure it would be a good read and great pics aswell as great publicity for the club.

just a couple of thoughts lol :} :}

FrazzleTC
14th February 2014, 22:04

I reckon that a National in Southern Scotland could certainly be a goer, at some stage, if people felt it'd be worth the trip. The current meet location at Gretna isn't big enough for that, unfortunately.

FrazzleTC
14th February 2014, 22:09
Im game for gretna this year but it might be too small a site for a national meet tho.

a couple of ideas tho. Most of us all have kids and some of us bring them along and id love to bring mine but there aint really much for the kids to do while we talk about our cars. Dont know what we could do but if we bang our heads together i know we could come up with something.

it would be great if we could try to get a feature in a magazine like ppc or retro rides(dont think mge would be intersted) as im sure it would be a good read and great pics aswell as great publicity for the club.

just a couple of thoughts lol :} :}

That's a good observation about things to do for kids! Other than the maze, there isn't a massive amount, just the cafe, and some shops, which aren't that huge. The outlet centre is a relatively easy walk, but, again, little for kids to do there. Perhaps a different site should be consider for 2015.

I think it'd be a great idea to get it in a mag, of some sort, potentially. Classic Car Weekly would likely pop our meet in their events section, and, I believe, Practical Classics are running a ZT buyers' guide soon, so they might give the event a spot in their events diary if we ask them.

All thoughts very welcome! :}

Fusilier
18th February 2014, 17:13
Frazer

If you are starting to put together a list, please put me down as attending, as I have enjoyed the last two meets at Gretna.

Stu

FrazzleTC
18th February 2014, 18:12
I'll start a thread soon, Stu, but I'll pop you down as first on the list of confirmed attendees. Looking forward to the meet already!

MASTIFF2
18th February 2014, 18:42
I'm not on call so should be OK to attend :}

vindaloo
18th February 2014, 18:52
If health issues don't interfere I'd love to be there as I missed last years through ill health.

MattyC
18th February 2014, 19:00
Hope I make this one this year. Missed it last year, weather was simply terrible around here, so made the trip to a local meet instead. Though the weather at Gretna turned out to be sunny, so lesson learnt!

RPWC
18th February 2014, 19:04

There was talk at the Doncaster national in September last year, about Gretna being a possible venue for the autumn "northern " meet this year., nothing definite, but I did speak with Reebs about it and he said it could be a possibility, COULD BE,not will be.
I'm up for this one, enjoyed last year, hope the weather is as good.

FLYER
18th February 2014, 21:29
Put my name down Fraser [as per].

Also folk attending should be aware that the TAM LEEK [rotrex] memorial award trophy will be presented to the best turned out car [won last year by Tim Burgess].

FrazzleTC
19th February 2014, 13:25
Put my name down Fraser [as per].

Also folk attending should be aware that the TAM LEEK [rotrex] memorial award trophy will be presented to the best turned out car [won last year by Tim Burgess].

Of course, George. I'll mention all of the details when we're ready to announce. :}

On that note, anyone got any suggestions as to new features they'd like incorporated into this year's event?

keithybhoy
19th February 2014, 21:50
Could do a raffle if we can gather together stuff for prizes. Fiver a ticket and the funds go to a local gretna charity. Members could donate stuff 75/zt related :shrug:. .

keithybhoy
19th February 2014, 21:53
Sort some fun games like mini olympics for a laugh lol :} :}

FLYER
25th February 2014, 13:11
Sort some fun games like mini olympics for a laugh lol :} :}

Keep a paramedic on standby..:D

keithybhoy
25th February 2014, 20:26
Should be a laugh tho lol :} :}

James.uk
26th February 2014, 02:49
The problem with holding Nationals away from the Country's center, is that the further off centre you go, the lower the attendance gets.... :shrug:

Ideally, to maximise attendances, they need to be inside the square formed by the M62 the M6/5 the M4 and the M1 innit...

AldoR
27th February 2014, 15:40
Put me and Alison down to attend this one again;)

FrazzleTC
28th February 2014, 12:54
No problem, Aldo! Will have a thread up and running once the Riverside meet is past! :)

Tim_Burgess
1st March 2014, 10:41
We'll be there again Fraser.

Thomas
3rd March 2014, 18:52
Hope to be there

sparky69ma
4th March 2014, 11:25
My 2p worth...barbaque...raffle...and park cars closer for better pics money of raffle could go towards club for future stands

suzublu
4th March 2014, 17:41
I've been to every one, not going to miss it ;):D

MASTIFF2
4th March 2014, 20:38
I've been to every one, not going to miss it ;):D

You raffling off some of your "Bling" Ronnie ?? :)

FLYER
4th March 2014, 20:44
You raffling off some of your "Bling" Ronnie ?? :)erm widna think so:D

Simondi
4th March 2014, 21:22
All being well, I'll be there

Astraeus
4th March 2014, 22:38
All being well, I'll be there

Hi Fraser,

Will be there unless away on holiday. We are usually back by then. Stick my name down.

Chris