PDA

View Full Version : Royal mail

Typhoon190
18th February 2014, 17:25
Ordered a seat belt pre tensioner from Les at SMC a couple of weeks back. Item hadn't arrived, so contacted Les, who, as always. was very helpful and said he would try a find out what the hold up was.

Royal mail classed it as dangerous goods, and very kindly disposed of the item for me. :mad:

How is it that we all sit within a foot of several of these every day, but one wrapped in bubble wrap can't be delivered.

Not happy.

pab
18th February 2014, 17:27
I've a pair in my garage, if you need one..

Lates
18th February 2014, 17:29
I had the same problem a few weeks back trying to get a pretensioner back from the USA. Dangerous goods etc need special packaging / crates / weights and dims to be transported. Sure the car didnt need it when it was exported - go figure ?

I believe the UK is the same - its a gamble posting it win some lose some. Even car paint is not supposed to be posted out. My last job I done it a few times and "forgot" what car part was inside to get it moved.

Typhoon190
18th February 2014, 17:35
Thanks for the offer Pab.

On this occasion, I needed a drivers side for my old ZT, that now belongs to a mate at work. I bought the passenger side by mistake, but considering SMC's prices are a bargain, I still wanted the item.

In principle I can understand the problem. What annoys me is that the part has been disposed of. They had my address, and should have contacted me to make alternative arrangrments.

RPWC
18th February 2014, 17:42
Surely they have no right to do that?