PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday eve meet anyone?

Happy Wanderer
24th February 2014, 19:49

JUST A QUICK UPDATE ; Pending approval by Brian I'm putting this out there for anyone interested in a once a month Wed evening meet at "The Old Post Office" just off junction 38 of the M1, starting the 21st of this month. Nice pub, good food, kids playgroud & most important plenty of parking ;-)If anyone wants to come please put your name down provisionally & I'll start a list. Its not an official club thingy so u know...... The usual applies. Hope to hear from Brian soon so as soon as I do I'll let u all know.

Cheers

Andy

lexusjohn1954
24th February 2014, 22:18
Hi.
I would do my best to get to one of your meets, every now & again.
Even though its about 90 miles from my home in scarborough.:}

trikey
24th February 2014, 22:20
Hi.

Youll go anywhere for a biscuit!

marinabrian
24th February 2014, 22:57
Hi.

Hmm, now that's a thought, last time I was down that way was for an "all nighter" at Canklow Ex Servicemens club.

Cant beat a bit of talcum powder, Maxine Brown, Dobie Gray and Al Wilson :)

I might even be persuaded to lob T4 in the boot, if you fancy the "Arthur Francis" treatment for your DERV ;)

Youll go anywhere for a biscuit!

Mmm, biscuits :drool4:

Brian :D

lexusjohn1954
24th February 2014, 23:22
Your a cheeky *** andy.But true. yes i will go any where for free bicys.LOL.
Got to admit andy. When i cycle down to barton from scarborough. All 50 miles. Its those lovely bicys of yours that keep me going. Specially of late, with it being so windy. Must remember not to have a curry the night before. LOL:p:
Also brian. Did not realise you were a fellow northen soul fan.
Dobie grey, out on the floor is ok. But not al wilson, the snake. Thats pop music. LOL.
I notice there is another couple of northen soul fans on here, besides us.One is going to the elvington meet in aug, as well as me.Will look forward to meeting him.
So we have taste in cars & music.

Keep the faith.

Happy Wanderer
26th February 2014, 07:53
Brian you're always welcome anytime mate :bowdown: as for the biscuits I could always bring b packet o ginger nuts. Good to see these is some interest in this idea, I just thought it would be a fairly easy place to meet bein just off the motorway & pretty central :}. The other idea I had was maybe a nano meet on a Sunday at The Stockyard Truckstop just off the M18 like they have nr Wolverhampton for the midlands lot. The place is all tarmac & almost empty on a Sunday plus they do a cracking Sunday carvery :drool4:

FLYING BANANA
26th February 2014, 08:40
Might be interested in either meet.

Happy Wanderer
26th February 2014, 11:36
Well there's no dates as yet cos just seeing wot the response is like at the mo, but hopefully it'll take on a life of its own & grow :}

sikelsh
26th February 2014, 11:42
I could do the odd Wednesday, sounds good :)

Canonite
27th February 2014, 16:00
I'm game, but wednesday evenings conflict with my Chubber Club meets.
What time are you thinking?

Happy Wanderer
27th February 2014, 16:43

Dunno yet mate cos Waitin to see if I get any good number of responses once RS ?? says its ok

Cheers, Andy

peteroveros
1st March 2014, 00:00
I would be interested in either meet.

pab
2nd March 2014, 16:13
Monthly mid week evening meets in the summer months sounds interesting. Count me in for a few. :}

Happy Wanderer
12th May 2014, 13:20
Just a bump & an update on page 1 :d

Happy Wanderer
17th May 2014, 18:02

Anytime from 6.30 onwards really (see my latest thread) :}

whitegold
23rd May 2014, 15:39
Would be interested in Stockyard meet, unfortunately usually out Wednesday evening or that would be good also.

Happy Wanderer
24th May 2014, 15:20
Would be interested in Stockyard meet, unfortunately usually out Wednesday evening or that would be good also.

Apparently Actros says that spanner weekend is like a nano meet which I didn't realise when I first posted this up. Hope nobody thought I was tryin to tread on toes or anythin :shrug:. I usually go to Stockyard on a Tues night anyway to Karaoke ;-) !!