PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts

stevedj
14th March 2008, 19:47
Just did my first trip to work in London & back in the 260…fantastic, colour me happy! Nice to be driving something different from the herd & something with real soul.

And the noise…but I want more. The standard exhausts make a very muted sound on tickover, but she growls gorgeously when pushed. I think this suits the car.

But (did I mention?) I want more noise. I would love the car to rumble at tickover & not be as muted as it is. I don’t like the X-Powers though as they’re too raucous (if that’s possible with a V8) & I don’t like the oval shape.

Can anyone who’s gone from standard to Zeroes tell me their thoughts on these exhausts?

Steve.

radi8or
15th March 2008, 05:30
Don't have a V8 Steve only a V6 but am looking to change the exhaust as soon as I save enough pennies and can escape from SWMBO long enough to get it fitted without her finding out :D

This mob reckon they can tune an exhaust any way you want it and have 50 different tailpipe designs

Click fingy (http://www.longlife.co.uk/street/)

Tim
15th March 2008, 10:25
Just did my first trip to work in London & back in the 260…fantastic, colour me happy! Nice to be driving something different from the herd & something with real soul.

And the noise…but I want more. The standard exhausts make a very muted sound on tickover, but she growls gorgeously when pushed. I think this suits the car.

But (did I mention?) I want more noise. I would love the car to rumble at tickover & not be as muted as it is. I don’t like the X-Powers though as they’re too raucous (if that’s possible with a V8) & I don’t like the oval shape.

Can anyone who’s gone from standard to Zeroes tell me their thoughts on these exhausts?

Steve.

listen to the sound bites on my sign :drool4:

stevedj
15th March 2008, 16:06
Tim,

are those standard, bolt-on Zeroes? Cos they sound goooood,
most :drool4: good. I really, really want a deep V8 rumble at idle. Anyway, exhausts are on my list of things to do.

Steve.

must...have...more...noise...

Tim
16th March 2008, 18:44
Tim,

are those standard, bolt-on Zeroes? Cos they sound goooood,
most :drool4: good. I really, really want a deep V8 rumble at idle. Anyway, exhausts are on my list of things to do.

Steve.

must...have...more...noise...

Yep, Zero's :lol: