PDA

View Full Version : Mg zt outer trim

connor1010h
17th March 2014, 20:14
Hi, i have a broken piece of trim on my rear bumper. Its the vertical rectangular piece on the corner of the centre strip that runs through the middle of the bumper. (circled in red). Does anyone know of any place that provides replacement parts or a good aesthetic method of repair? Kind regards connor.

trikey
17th March 2014, 20:28
Its part of the full trim, not separate, you will have to eplace the full piece.

connor1010h
17th March 2014, 20:31
Its part of the full trim, not separate, you will have to eplace the full piece.

Do you mean i will have to replace the full piece of trim that runs through the middle of the bumper? or will i have to replace the full bumper?

trikey
17th March 2014, 20:40
Do you mean i will have to replace the full piece of trim that runs through the middle of the bumper? or will i have to replace the full bumper?

One of the trims (cant remembe which) has the little piece attached, the trims ae in 3 pieces, the long centre bit and the lh and rh.

you wont have to replace the whole bumper :}

connor1010h
17th March 2014, 21:18
One of the trims (cant remembe which) has the little piece attached, the trims ae in 3 pieces, the long centre bit and the lh and rh.

you wont have to replace the whole bumper :}

Thankyou very much for your help. On a final note, do you know who or where may stock the part i require?

trikey
17th March 2014, 21:40
Thankyou very much for your help. On a final note, do you know who or where may stock the part i require?

try seancar, you may have to get a chrome 75 one sprayed though.

stevestrat
17th March 2014, 22:08
They are available new from Rimmers (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001781)but it's impossible to say which piece (right or mid) you'd need and they're only available in primer . . . . oh and they ain't cheap!

connor1010h
19th March 2014, 10:33
Thankyou very much for your help and advice guys, sourcing the part is underway and has saved me a lot of hassle and money knowing i wont have to replace the full bumper in order to restore my ZT's admiration. Much appreciated.