PDA

View Full Version : 44th Halfway House Meet.

FLYING BANANA
18th March 2014, 09:19
Our 44th Halfway House on 20th April. Easter Sunday.
Starting at Noon till whenever

Sponsored by MJS Auto & Marine
http://www.mjsautoandmarine.co.uk/

FUTURE DATES IN 2014. May 18th.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around three years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.

After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The current Meet Reps are FastAlan,Paul Woodham or Dave Beale, so keep an eye out.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Diabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

WEBSITES, MAPS & LINKS

The Halfway house website

Google Map
MG-Rover South East Facebook page

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:

Alan. Rover BRM.
Rick-sta. MG ZT in Typhoon
Peter B. MG ZT in Typhoon
Woody804. MG ZT
Emma. MG ZT "Redfive".
DragonHeart. MG ZT
FezzyFox. MG ZT
Dave B. MG ZTT
Dave W. MG ZTT
Ziggy ZS. MG ZS
Daytona365. MG ZS
Carla. MG ZS or MG ZT.
Lauren MG ZR. Car now repaired
Becky. MG ZR
G.Shaw. MG ZR
Ben. MG 3.
Craig D. MG 6
Eamom. MG TF
Bob MG TF. Maybe sold at meet.
Bri. MG TF
Jan A-T. MG TF or Rover 75
Peter & Wife. Rover 75
David75. Rover 75
Grandy. Rover 75
Gatekeeper. Rover75
Woof25. Rover 75
Shelley. Ford Fiesta ST. The MG ZS is up For Sale.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

Dragonheart65
18th March 2014, 17:48
Hope to be there if not working

FLYING BANANA
18th March 2014, 23:15
Hope to be there if not working
Ok Dragonheart, name on list.

peter.goodson
29th March 2014, 21:44
Hi Bob

Please add me and my wife to the list

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
29th March 2014, 22:25
Hi Bob

Please add me and my wife to the list

Many thanks

Peter
Ok Peter will do.

david75
30th March 2014, 10:54
I plan to be there. thanks. David

grandy
30th March 2014, 14:12
yes will be there Bob,

Woof25
30th March 2014, 15:14
To increase the 75 numbers I think woof and me better turn up too LOL

FLYING BANANA
30th March 2014, 15:49
I plan to be there. thanks. David

yes will be there Bob,

To increase the 75 numbers I think woof and me better turn up too LOL
David, Gary and Mike all on the ever growing list.

Rick-sta
16th April 2014, 06:59
Could you put my name down too please :) attending in MG Zt typhoon :)

FLYING BANANA
16th April 2014, 07:23
Could you put my name down too please :) attending in MG Zt typhoon :)
Ok Rick-sta name on the ever growing list.

FLYING BANANA
18th April 2014, 12:30
big bump for this sundays meet.

FezzyFox
18th April 2014, 19:20
Add me to that list, will be my first one yet ^^

Will be in my starlight ZT

Might use this an an excuse to go for a blast through Dartford tunnel afterwards :p haven't yet taken the Zed through there yet ;)

Gate Keeper
18th April 2014, 19:27
I will be there and will do another film tribute to MG Rover South East similar to the last one.....with room for improvement :)

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/00Gate_Keeper00/MG%20ROVER/th_TheHalfWayHouseMeet_zps1c2facc7.jpg (http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/00Gate_Keeper00/MG%20ROVER/TheHalfWayHouseMeet_zps1c2facc7.mp4)

FLYING BANANA
18th April 2014, 20:19
Add me to that list, will be my first one yet ^^

Will be in my starlight ZT

Might use this an an excuse to go for a blast through Dartford tunnel afterwards :p haven't yet taken the Zed through there yet ;)

Ok Fezzy, name added to the ever growing list.

I will be there and will do another film tribute to MG Rover South East similar to the last one.....with room for improvement :)

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/00Gate_Keeper00/MG%20ROVER/th_TheHalfWayHouseMeet_zps1c2facc7.jpg (http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae266/00Gate_Keeper00/MG%20ROVER/TheHalfWayHouseMeet_zps1c2facc7.mp4)

Ok Phil, never did get to have a chat at POL.

FLYING BANANA
20th April 2014, 06:42
My friend Emma is bringing "Redfive" to her first HH meet. I'm bringing my TF as the plan is to sell this lovely little sports car today.

FLYING BANANA
20th April 2014, 22:19
Good turn out today despite the weather. 36 cars including Ford Fiesta and a Chrysler Voyager.
"Car of the Month" was won by Jamie with his immaculate Rover 25.

Gate Keeper
27th April 2014, 06:58
Congratulations to Jamie. Car of the month well deserved :)

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2014, 08:30
Finally have got this computer sorted out. Bit late but some pictures from the 44th meet.

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2014, 08:34
And some more

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2014, 08:37
And yet more pictures

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2014, 08:41
Baby Flying Banana is in this line-up. I sold her on the day of the meet. Sniff! Sniff!

FLYING BANANA
30th April 2014, 08:47
Car of the month is Jamie Woodhams fine looking Rover 25. Sadly I only got a picture from the rear of the car.