PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down as Regional Secretary

rich17865
21st March 2014, 06:30
I know this may come as a surprise to many, but I will be stepping down from my position as regional secretary.

I have enjoyed transforming the North West meets into the popular and established events that they have become. I would also like to thank everyone who attended the special events I had arranged, especially the overwhelming Charity Event.

I must however pass the baton to the next regional secretary.

Which is who I hear you say?

I am very pleased to be passing the duties onto Jim (Vindaloo), who has worked together with me arranging many of the North West meets in the past.

I can think of no better person to take over as regional secretary, his knowledge of the 75 and ZT is second to none. Along with his pair of stunning examples of the Rover 75, you can tell he is a true enthusiast.

Don't fret, I will still attend the meets as usual, and I will have my tools in the car, just the same as before. My wife and daughter will still join us on the Sunday meets too.

So without further a do, please welcome along Jim as the new North West Regional Secretary.

Congratulations Jim, and good luck.

Rich.

Godfer
21st March 2014, 06:55
Rich,

I'd like to offer a public thanks for your kind efforts and infectious enthusiasm.

Nigh on 2 years ago I joined this Club, meeting both you and Jim (Vindaloo) - despite this, I decided to stay and have enjoyed the benefit of your knowledge, enthusiasm and practical hands on approach on many an occasion. I can honestly say that my dalliance with MG Rover would probably have ended long ago if it wasn't for you and Jim (chief amongst others) - so it's your fault I've got no money! :getmecoat:

Many thanks for your brilliant tenure as RS - I can but concur with your comments about our new RS Jim.

Congratulations Jim - this fine NW chapter will continue to grow under your stewardship I'm sure!

Rich, best of luck in your new venture. Given your knowledge, practical skill and fairm-minded honesty I can but urge any or all members needing help, parts or T4 work to seek you out. I expect your service will be 2nd to none!

Sid

vindaloo
21st March 2014, 07:19
As Sid has said many thanks Rich for all the hard work that you have put in over the last couple of years as NW RS, you will be a hard act to follow but I will do my best to maintain the standard you have set.

Best of luck in your new role as a Trader.

J1MBO
21st March 2014, 08:56
I'd like to thank Rich for the dedication he brought to the role as the Regional Secretary for the North West. The North West area meets have been a pleasure to attend whilst under his helm, he's going to be a hard act to follow.

However we've not lost an RS more gained a trader and I'd like to wish him all the best for his new venture.

I said he'd be a hard act to follow but I'm sure we have a very worthy replacement in Jim and I wish him all the best in his new role.

andyg2011
21st March 2014, 09:45
Congratulations Jim,

No one better in my mind well done kind Sir, :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Rich

As you know the north west meets have been transform because of your input and sorting meets out,,,,,,,

Are meets are a great social side to the club and your knowledge of are cars is brill you always get stuck in and help others

Super friend too :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ssizefive
21st March 2014, 11:44
Congratulations Jim & well done to Rich for all that he has done. I will be back at the Hollow tree in the near future.

Steve.

Nige B
21st March 2014, 13:01
Well done Rich , ang good luck to vindaloo in the new role.

Simondi
21st March 2014, 14:22
I would also like to thank Rich for all of his work during his tenure as RS:bowdown:

Thanks also to Jim for taking up the baton:bowdown:

FrazzleTC
22nd March 2014, 06:38
Sorry to hear that you're stepping down as an RS, Rich, as the work that you've put into the NW meets has been exceptional, and there always seems to be something on. However, I wish you all the best with your new venture!

Congratulations to Jim for taking on the role, and I'm sure that you'll contribute a great deal to the role! Very best of luck for the future to you both, and I'm sure I'll see you at meets in the future!

pab
22nd March 2014, 18:17
Only just noticed this with being away this week, best of luck to you both in your new roles. :}

MattyC
24th March 2014, 12:56
Thanks for all that you have done for the local club Rich, you've been fantastic and hard act for anyone to follow - though I feel Jim is the natural successor to you, he too lives and breathes these cars and is a popular member of both the local and national club.

It's fantastic to have so many great members in the regional club, that we don't have to worry about the future of the club in the slightest.

Welcome to the role Jim! I needn't wish you good luck, but I will anyway. Look forward to seeing you all throughout the year as always.

:bowdown:

DennisA
27th March 2014, 11:26
Sorry, but only just noticed the change of Regional Secretary when I saw Jim's posts and heading.

Thanks Rich for all the time and effort you have put in, it is through your efforts we now have an established setting and format with well attended, enjoyable and interesting meets twice a month - which is really something to have achieved with members travelling from all parts of the region.

Jim is indeed a worthy successor and needs no introduction as we all know him as a member and friend already, plus you both have worked closely together in the past so it is a smooth transition and hopefully we can continue to go from strength to strength and all carry on enjoying our cars and the friendships they have given us within these club meets.

Once again thank you both, Rich and Jim, for your help in the past and hopefully more of the same well into the distant future.

Dennis

vindaloo
27th March 2014, 14:36
Thanks for the kind words Dennis, look forward to seeing you Tuesday.

carguy143
27th March 2014, 21:13
Well I guess I'm a little late the party having been out of the country for a while but as others have said, a great thanks to Rich is in order for the efforts he has put in to making these meets what they now are.