PDA

View Full Version : Navall Android Sound issue?

Ajd1
28th March 2014, 18:40
I have an intermittent problem with the sound on my unit.

The voice and all sounds stop working on Primo, you can still choose the voice in the settings but no sound comes out.

I've tried another card with Primo on it but still no sound.

Today the sound went again only this time the sound went on everything else, i.e radio, music player etc.

Turned the unit off and back on the sound came back on with the radio etc. but not Primo

I've had to do a factory reset earlier this week to get Primo working but I don't want to have to do that all the time.

Wondered if anyone had come across this before or had any ideas what it could be.

Sorry for the rambling.

Andy

Supervinnie40
28th March 2014, 19:07
Can't really figure out what you are trying to say, but have you checked the sound settings? Especially the volume settings? Both in the iGo app and the unit settings itself.

Ajd1
28th March 2014, 19:27
Thanks for replying, I've checked all the sound settings they are all ok both in Primo and the sound settings.
The voice commands and all beeps stop working. It took a factory reset to get the sounds working again.
Tonight all the sound stopped working radio, music player and tv.
I haven't changed any settings recently so am at a loss at the moment.

Supervinnie40
28th March 2014, 19:58
Any chance you could describe a bit more when the sounds dissapears and what you are doing (or what is happening) at that moment?
It's kinda hard to know what to advise with just 'all the sound stopped working'.

Ajd1
28th March 2014, 20:37
I have the sat nav screen on all the time the car is turned on, it comes on automatically when the ignition is turned on.
I don't usually have music playing so it's just the sat nav running
My nav is set to warn me when I'm approaching any speed cams or if I go over speed.
I can only assume the sound is missing from when the unit is turned on, when I noticed today I tried the radio and there was no sound from that either.
I'm very careful about letting it boot up fully before turning the power off as well.
I don't seem to be doing very well at describing what's happening apart from the sound just stops working.
Thanks for trying though.

Supervinnie40
28th March 2014, 20:55
That's a though one...
I'm not 100% sure if mine gives an audible warning when reaching the max speed... Never tried it to be honest.
Did you tell iGo to start at boot? Or do you just press the NAVI button?

I always have the radio on, I love music. So I would notice immediately.
Did the sound work before? You didn't take out the unit? (perhaps disconnected speakers?)
I don't really know what to suggest, perhaps you could try out the sound settings while the radio app is playing. Do you have a smartphone/iPhone to connect (to try if sound from that device does work).
You could also try to connect the smartphone via bleutooth and then start a mp3 on your phone. It should play the sound via the speakers. And you can also make a call, to see if that gives sound.

Maybe Jeff or Sean have a few ideas.

Ajd1
28th March 2014, 21:26
I've told Igo to start automatically although I've tried the navigation button as well.
Haven't had the unit out since it was put in, its been working ok until the last week or so.
Will try some of your suggestions tomorrow.
Thanks for the pointers.

Ajd1
29th March 2014, 08:47
I've just tried again this morning, the music over Bluetooth works fine as does the radio and music player.
Primo's sound is still missing, no settings have been altered in weeks.
I've uninstalled Primo and reinstalled even deleted the save folder and started again but it doesn't seem to want to work.
Last resort is another factory reset if no one else has any ideas, really don't want to keep doing that though.

coolcat
29th March 2014, 10:41
I've just tried again this morning, the music over Bluetooth works fine as does the radio and music player.
I've uninstalled Primo and reinstalled even deleted the save folder and started again but it doesn't seem to want to work.
Last resort is another factory reset if no one else has any ideas, really don't want to keep doing that though.

Have you checked in the device volume settings on the android (not the navigation) to make sure navigate volume is up?

Other than that is Primo on a card on your unit or installed to the internal memory?

Maybe worth arranging with Sean to get another copy to you in case yours has become corrupted.

David Lawrence
29th March 2014, 10:46

Are you using a tts voice? Could the voice app be corrupted? I lost mine all together once but got it back be reloading the Svox app and it's voice.

Ajd1
29th March 2014, 11:45
Have you checked in the device volume settings on the android (not the navigation) to make sure navigate volume is up?

Other than that is Primo on a card on your unit or installed to the internal memory?

Maybe worth arranging with Sean to get another copy to you in case yours has become corrupted.

Thanks Jeff,
I have checked on the android side to make sure nav is turned up, it is as high as it will go.
I'm running Primo off the sd card as was recommended, I have a backup copy of the nav software that I took of the original card will try that in a minute.

Are you using a tts voice? Could the voice app be corrupted? I lost mine all together once but got it back be reloading the Svox app and it's voice.

Thanks David,
I am using a tts voice and will try uninstalling the voice and app to see if it makes a difference, trouble is the ordinary voices have stopped working as well.
The svox app may have corrupted something though I suppose.

Andy

Ajd1
29th March 2014, 14:28
Quick update, have now tried all suggestions and still no joy.
I've now done another factory reset and every things working ok again.
I think there must be a file getting corrupted or something somewhere.

Anyway I now have some backup software installed and setting it back up from a reset is now a lot quicker.

Would like to know whats causing the problem though.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Andy

David Lawrence
29th March 2014, 16:08
Quick update, have now tried all suggestions and still no joy.
I've now done another factory reset and every things working ok again.
I think there must be a file getting corrupted or something somewhere.

Anyway I now have some backup software installed and setting it back up from a reset is now a lot quicker.

Would like to know whats causing the problem though.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Andy

I have what i call "the 3 month issue" and need to do the factory reset every 3 months. Did it twice since i had it. Once in december then end of feb. The awaited firmware update will hopefully cure it as i have reported it to Sean

Ajd1
29th March 2014, 17:05
That would be good if it does, just one of those little niggles I guess.
Nice to know I'm not on my own.:D

Ajd1
6th April 2014, 07:38
Another quick update, the sound has gone again.
It stopped working on Friday about half way through a journey where I needed the help.
Eveything else works fine but no sound less than a week this time, there must be a simple explanation for what's happening but I can't think what it could be.
I haven't got any other apps installed either in case it was one of them causing an issue.

Supervinnie40
6th April 2014, 08:29
Sure you didn't do anything strange with the settings?
Starting to sound like a more serious fault in the unit.... :(

Ajd1
6th April 2014, 10:10
Sure you didn't do anything strange with the settings?
Starting to sound like a more serious fault in the unit.... :(

Yep no alterations to the settings, left them as they were from the factory reset just to be sure.
Hope not on your second point.

Supervinnie40
6th April 2014, 13:50
It's very weird. I've installed iGo a few times and have used it a few times now. Never have I had any of the issues that you have .... :(

MalteseMarc
6th April 2014, 14:34
Hi,

I've also developed another sound problem, albeit an intermittent one. The problem shows itself upon startup, whereupon there will be no sound at all, what cures it is shutting down the unit and rebooting it again, sometimes doing it twice. As I've said the problem is rather sporadic in that it could go a day or 2 without showing itself, and then several times during one day:shrug: maybe one of those things we have to live with,

Regards,

Marc

Supervinnie40
6th April 2014, 15:55
If you mean that the radio app is showing but not giving any sound? This can be easily solved by going to the main menu (SRC button) and then opening the radio app again (from the menu on the bottom).

Why this happens is still a bit unknown to me. But I have found that the (very) old Android OS on this unit is very badly edited and altered. So I'm hoping the upgrade to 4.x.x will solve this. (unless they also ruined that one... :( ).

Ajd1
6th April 2014, 17:33
It's very weird. I've installed iGo a few times and have used it a few times now. Never have I had any of the issues that you have .... :(

Baffling isn't it, I've used Primo for a few years now and Igo 8 previously this is the first real problem I've had with any of them
Will keep plodding on though.

Ajd1
7th April 2014, 13:45
Just done another factory reset, this time I've left all settings alone installed only Primo and the svox voice no other apps.
Haven't even set the radio up, will see how long it lasts this time.
Not much fun having to keep resetting the thing.

Ajd1
30th April 2014, 18:40
The sound went again today, only lasted a couple of days this time.

I've tried it with everything set up and nothing but the satnav set up doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have found a quick way of getting it working again though, I use an app called My Backup

First a backup is made when every things working ok then when it broke again I just restored the data backup and it's now working again.

Takes about 3 minutes from start to finish so is an acceptable compromise until hopefully the update fixes things.

Supervinnie40
30th April 2014, 20:04
That's just not how it should work....

David Lawrence
30th April 2014, 20:57
The sound went again today, only lasted a couple of days this time.

I've tried it with everything set up and nothing but the satnav set up doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have found a quick way of getting it working again though, I use an app called My Backup

First a backup is made when every things working ok then when it broke again I just restored the data backup and it's now working again.

Takes about 3 minutes from start to finish so is an acceptable compromise until hopefully the update fixes things.

Mine crashed today as well. lost igo. did a factory reset, everything came back. Mine does it almost 3 months to the day each time. there is a clear pattern to it, just don't know what the thing is that happens every 3 months.
I'm guessing some kind of data filling up, but now wondering if it is connected with number of operations on/off etc. the thing is I've been away for 3 weeks in this last period not using it at all, and yet it still crashed on schedule at 3 months. Other things start to go wrong just before it goes completely, like it forgot the volume+ steering control, or sometimes it will forget all its radio channels. After resetting its erratic behaviour is completely cured. very odd. Like you, waiting patiently for the firmware update.

Ajd1
30th April 2014, 21:31
Certainly a strange one, hopefully the update will sort both our problems out.

Supervinnie40
30th April 2014, 21:58
Mine crashed today as well. lost igo. did a factory reset, everything came back. Mine does it almost 3 months to the day each time. there is a clear pattern to it, just don't know what the thing is that happens every 3 months.
I'm guessing some kind of data filling up, but now wondering if it is connected with number of operations on/off etc. the thing is I've been away for 3 weeks in this last period not using it at all, and yet it still crashed on schedule at 3 months. Other things start to go wrong just before it goes completely, like it forgot the volume+ steering control, or sometimes it will forget all its radio channels. After resetting its erratic behaviour is completely cured. very odd. Like you, waiting patiently for the firmware update.

That sounds like either a very weird side-effect of a cron-job or a cache problem.
You could try to manually delete the cache after 2 months, see what happens. It won't effect your settings or anything. Just useless data.

One of the many sign that the programmers really did an awful job on programming the Android OS. Hopefully the update will fix it all. Any news on this Radioguy?

Last14
30th April 2014, 22:06
This is quite likely to be unrelated, but the single din head unit i just took out my car for the Radioguy dd wince unit (as per my other thread) had a similar trait - in that it worked fine but then periodically would forget its radio settings - except for one channel. Think it was roughly every 2 months. Quite odd......!

taffyduck
4th May 2014, 19:24
This has now happended to me :( needed to use the satnav today, gave the route in and no sound! Looks like a factory resent for me then....

taffyduck
6th May 2014, 15:24
Factory reset and all is well again:D just to wait and see for how long :shrug:

Ajd1
6th May 2014, 15:28
Mines lasting about a week now before it loses things again.
Got to say though with the backup program I'm using getting up and running again takes about 3 minutes.
Certainly less hassle than having to factory reset all the time.

Supervinnie40
6th May 2014, 18:01
I would still recommend sending it to Coolcat or Radioguy. This isn't normal. Mine still works fine, and Igo performs just the way it should....

coolcat
6th May 2014, 19:28
I would still recommend sending it to Coolcat or Radioguy. This isn't normal. Mine still works fine, and Igo performs just the way it should....

Agreed, something's not right!
Give Sean a Pm and we can go from there:}

Ajd1
6th May 2014, 21:34
Agreed, something's not right!
Give Sean a Pm and we can go from there:}

Is this meant for me or one of the other guys with the problem?

Do you think maybe the firmware upgrade would fix the problem?

Thanks for replying as well.:}

Andy

coolcat
6th May 2014, 21:51
Is this meant for me or one of the other guys with the problem?

Do you think maybe the firmware upgrade would fix the problem?

Thanks for replying as well.:}

Andy

Hi Andy,

To you I think;)
Well, to everyone really but directed to you.
If you haven't updated the firmware then that would indeed be worth doing and Sean can send it to you over the Internet if you give him a shout;)

Keep us posted on how you get on and if it cures the problem for you:}

Ajd1
6th May 2014, 21:56
Thanks Jeff,

Will pm Sean and see to see about the firmware.

Will let everyone know how I get on.

Andy

Radioguy
7th May 2014, 01:48
Thanks Jeff,

Will pm Sean and see to see about the firmware.

Will let everyone know how I get on.

Andy

Hi Andy

Okay

the Firmweare I just sent as I was collapsing forward to sleep on my keyboard ! LOL

I Agree, something seems to be glitchy

Let me know how it goes.

The New 4.0 is JUST ABOUT ready !

Ajd1
7th May 2014, 15:13
Thanks Sean,

Uploaded the new firmware this morning and all set up again and running ok for the moment.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know how it goes.

Andy

Ajd1
23rd May 2014, 19:15
Just thought I'd let you know the firmware re-flash seems to have worked.

Been about 2 weeks now and no more problems have appeared and the sound problem seems to have been fixed.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Andy

coolcat
23rd May 2014, 21:17
Just thought I'd let you know the firmware re-flash seems to have worked.

Been about 2 weeks now and no more problems have appeared and the sound problem seems to have been fixed.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Andy

That's good news, hope it stays that way Andy:}