PDA

View Full Version : KV6 Locking Kit Rental - From £44.99

DMGRS
29th March 2014, 14:03
I've been asked many times how hard a KV6 cambelt change is, and if I have the tools available for hire - the answer is now 'yes I do'. :)
I looked into the job (I'm picking up a ZS180 next week) and didn't fancy it without the tools, so rather than members paying £300+ for the kit for the ZT190 (or £240ish for the non-190 models) I've decided to hire the kit out.
Here's a link to the kit: KV6 Locking Kit (All Models) (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/cambelt-timing-belt-kits/products/kv6-locking-tool-kit-vs1290-rental-45-zs-75-zt-inc-190)

If you purchase a KV6 Cambelt Kit (Click here (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/cambelt-timing-belt-kits/products/kv6-oem-cambelt-timing-belt-kit-rover-75-zs180-zt160-zt190-inc-all-belts-tensioners-and-water-pump)) along with an auxiliary belt and service kit you'll receive a free 7 day rental of the full kit. This is only open to 75/ZT Club members and needs to be arranged via PM.

Hope this helps some DIY-ers do the job - it's not too difficult, just very long and methodical. :)

coab
29th March 2014, 14:50
That's brilliant I had to buy a used kit for one of my former cars for £180 and sold it on but it was a real pain.👍

championdaddy
29th March 2014, 15:01
I would take you up on that.........but im guessing it would take me longer than a week to do !!!!

MG Tom
29th March 2014, 15:11
What a great idea and a good offer for us lot! Cheers Mat. :D

T-Cut
29th March 2014, 15:30
Hope it comes with detailed instructions. Worth their weight I'd say.

TC

MG Tom
29th March 2014, 15:51
Do your cambelt kits come with camshaft end caps? ;)

seancar
29th March 2014, 15:57
Matt just send it down I do a set of belts a week lol some weeks 2 sets.

Simon.h
29th March 2014, 18:47
Well done!

Back in 2009 I hired the kit from a member on mg-org to do my belts.

Dragrad
31st March 2014, 21:06
Thread moved to appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old ;)

DMGRS
2nd April 2014, 11:58
Hope it comes with detailed instructions. Worth their weight I'd say.

TC
I'll be writing up a very detailed guide and posting it on here - stand by for it when the 180 arrives. :D

Do your cambelt kits come with camshaft end caps? ;)
No, because I can't stand the things. :D
If you're doing it without the tools you don't need the change them, however the tools need you to remove the end cap so they'll need changing.

I'd recommend replacing them with the 'standard' seals, the caps have a habit of going walkies in service... :eek:

Well done!

Back in 2009 I hired the kit from a member on mg-org to do my belts.
Cheers mate. :)

By the way, it's now here and available as of this morning. :D

MG Tom
2nd April 2014, 12:21
If you're doing it without the tools you don't need the change them, however the tools need you to remove the end cap so they'll need changing.

I'd recommend replacing them with the 'standard' seals, the caps have a habit of going walkies in service... :eek:

Thats kind of what I was getting at. I'd always recommend using the tools, but you need to remove the cap to do so and inevitably the replacement cap won't stay put for long, so as you say when using the tools replace the cap with a seal. :}