PDA

View Full Version : New to North West Meets? Look Here!

vindaloo
31st March 2014, 19:17
As we have had problems with new members finding us in the past here is some useful information to point you in the right direction.

Whilst the Hollow Tree is closed we are using the Cat and Lion, Tarporley Road, Stretton, Warrington, WA4 4NB. It is just off junction 10 of the M56. As you join the A49 towards Warrington from the M56 roundabout, travel for a few hundred yards to a set of traffic lights with the Cat and Lion on the left and take a left into Hatton Lane and then turn into the car park after 20-30 metres. Ignore the small car park to the left and go straight to the bottom of the car park where you will find plenty of space.

The pub serves good food at very reasonable prices.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/jimkerfoot/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/A14035FC-D7F4-41EF-83B5-7B36341B191F_zpsfutcyobl.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/jimkerfoot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/A14035FC-D7F4-41EF-83B5-7B36341B191F_zpsfutcyobl.jpg.html)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/jimkerfoot/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/2D91F559-B76C-4D66-854D-86CE1758055C_zpsat1p7ghd.jpg (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/jimkerfoot/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-09/2D91F559-B76C-4D66-854D-86CE1758055C_zpsat1p7ghd.jpg.html)

When:
We meet twice a month, on the first Tuesday at 8pm and third Sunday of the month at 12pm. If you keep up to date with the forum you will also find other meets that may be of interest to you.

What:
Normally our meets are simple laid back get togethers, we are just a few blokes who go to get out of the house and have a shared interest in their cars. A Tuesday evening meet will usually consist of a good chat and catch up. Whereas a Sunday meet will usually involve food, chat and more often than not, some spanner work. Many a new member has had their car saved from the dreaded plenum death at the North West meets.

Members often have their toolbox with them and there are often some spares flying around too. Nobody has been taken away by the AA (yet)

If you are unsure of how to find us, send me a PM and I will let you have my phone number so you can find us easily when you get there.

Take a look at our own North West website kindly provided by J1MBO CLICK HERE (http://northwestrover75andmgztowners.weebly.com/index.html)

If we could keep replies to this thread down to just helpful information about the meets, or photos that might be seen as useful to new members that would be great.

See you there

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

breth
8th May 2015, 15:33
thanks again will keep the info and look forward to get to the meetings jim

badabing
3rd August 2015, 16:34
I'm new to Rover 75 ownership though I've had a 214i in the past and my partner has an MGF and it would be nice to meet like minded people so hopefully I'll be at the North West meet ,this month - I'll be the woman on her own looking a bit lost!!
Thanks for the fab forum
Alma

vindaloo
3rd August 2015, 16:50
Hello & welcome Alma
We meet tomorrow night the 4th at about 7pm & on Sunday 16th at 12 noon, look forward to meeting you.
Regards
Jim

EuroCarParts
22nd March 2016, 08:23
Thanks for the link. The event looks like its going to be great.

Regards,
Seyi

oswestryalex
30th August 2016, 16:29
Hi, I am not too far away near Oswestry - can't make it in September as the 75 is off to Switzerland (!) but would love to come along to one of your Sunday meets. That would be 3rd Sunday in October, then? If so, I shall put it in my diary. Cheers, Alex.
(Rover 75 1.8 and also MG ZT 190 added recently!)

oswestryalex
24th October 2016, 22:31
An update - had an emergency and was away 16th this month. I shall def. try and get there 3rd Sunday in November.

oliver1353
3rd December 2017, 10:45
Hi can anyone tell me when and where the next NW meeting is
regards
Steve [oliver 1353]
:smiley:

CLINTE
3rd December 2017, 12:39
Hi Steve,

The next meet is on Tuesday 5th December at the Cat & Lion in Stretton ( WA4 4NB ) . For me it is exit 10 off the M56 then approx. half a mile from there

Regards

Ian

Dutton
10th November 2019, 21:40
hi im new to forums and owners clubs do you still meet at the cat and lion cheers dave

CLINTE
11th November 2019, 07:17
Hi Dave,

Yes the meets still take place at the Cat & Lion - the next one is 7:00 pm on the 3rd December

Ian

Dutton
11th November 2019, 19:42
great and thank you i will see you there dave

J1MBO
15th February 2020, 16:30
For information the Cat & Lion is currently closed as it is being refurbished :smilie_re: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302825

Therefore the North West website has been unpublished for the time being awaiting further developments.

Jim

Frank Incensed
15th February 2020, 18:08
For information the Cat & Lion is currently closed as it is being refurbished :smilie_re: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302825

Therefore the North West website has been unpublished for the time being awaiting further developments.

Jim

Thanks for correcting my oversight, Jim. I forgot about this sticky thing.
:getmecoat::D

Frank Incensed
28th July 2021, 12:01

Jim

It is the intention of (to date) four of us to revive meetings at the Thorn, in Appleton Thorn, on Tue 3rd August at 19:00 - one year after having to abandon our last proposed meeting, because of revised government restrictions.

The number of us who still run 75's/ZT's or 260's has now diminished, but there's years of ownership experience and everyone is welcome :}

Frank Incensed
4th August 2021, 09:57
It is the intention of (to date) four of us to revive meetings at the Thorn, in Appleton Thorn, on Tue 3rd August at 19:00 - one year after having to abandon our last proposed meeting, because of revised government restrictions.

The number of us who still run 75's/ZT's or 260's has now diminished, but there's years of ownership experience and everyone is welcome :}

Good to see everyone last night, in very pleasant surroundings.

There is nothing to take the place of meeting in person, especially over some decent food and a drink.

Next time I'll make sure there's a pail of water and a bag of oats for the pony:D

There were eight of us there last night with three Tourers between us and it looks like we'll be meeting again at The Thorn Inn Tue 7th September. Hope to see you there.:}

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/cheshire/thorn-inn/

rab60bit
5th August 2021, 21:22
Good to see everyone last night, in very pleasant surroundings.

There is nothing to take the place of meeting in person, especially over some decent food and a drink.

Next time I'll make sure there's a pail of water and a bag of oats for the pony:D

There were eight of us there last night with three Tourers between us and it looks like we'll be meeting again at The Thorn Inn Tue 7th September. Hope to see you there.:}

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/cheshire/thorn-inn/

Couldn't make it last Tuesday but I'll be there on 7th September, shall we be dining too?

Wobblybob
8th August 2021, 08:34
Hi, as a new member who works away in the week, I wanted to know if the weekend meets are starting again?

J1MBO
8th August 2021, 10:36
In the absence of Frank Incensed......

Couldn't make it last Tuesday but I'll be there on 7th September, shall we be dining too?

Yes John most attending have a meal, point to note is that the cut-off time for ordering a meal last Tuesday was 8:30PM.

Hi, as a new member who works away in the week, I wanted to know if the weekend meets are starting again?

Currently, not as far as I am aware Bob.

Regards
Jim

Frank Incensed
7th January 2022, 21:32
We returned to the refurbished and much, much, much improved Cat and Lion for the first meeting of 2022, Thursday 6th January.

https://www.joseph-holt.com/pubs/cat-and-lion

FLYING BANANA
7th January 2022, 21:42
Seeing as there is a Premier Inn across the way I may just be able to make a meet this year with ole Yella.

vindaloo
30th January 2022, 15:40
I assume we are sticking to Thursday now and are we carrying on with the Cat & Lion, if so will be there Thursday 4th February?

EDIT: It's Thursday 3rd

CLINTE
30th January 2022, 16:46
I have assumed Thursdays at the Cat and Lion .

Jim - please note it is the 3rd Feb and NOT the 4th

Ian

vindaloo
30th January 2022, 16:50
I have assumed Thursdays at the Cat and Lion .

Jim - please note it is the 3rd Feb and NOT the 4th

Ian

I stand corrected Ian, see you then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLINTE
30th January 2022, 21:23
Look forward to it

Ian

Frank Incensed
1st February 2022, 13:52
I stand corrected Ian, see you then.

Aaah. I remember the days when one had to stand after being corrected.:getmecoat:

I just filled the petrol tank to the brim in preparation. I didn't think I could get there and back on 1/8 tank full of E10. (Point for discussion on Thursday:}

MDMH757
1st February 2022, 20:43
Evening Chaps,

Shall be in attendance on Thursday evening too!

see you all then!

Maurice:}

MDMH757
5th April 2022, 20:20
Evening Gents,

Anybody be at the Cat & Lion on Thursday 7th? I will be there... looking forward to a chat & a meal out (been a while)!

Cheers

Maurice

vindaloo
5th April 2022, 20:21
Hi Maurice

I’ll be there

CLINTE
6th April 2022, 10:51
Hi Maurice

I’ll be there

BillyMG
14th April 2022, 17:59
Hi all when is the next one and is it still in the Cat and Lion in Warrington??

vindaloo
14th April 2022, 18:00
Hi all when is the next one and is it still in the Cat and Lion in Warrington??

Always first Thursdsy in the month and now back at Cst & Lion

J1MBO
3rd May 2022, 21:03
Hi, I'll be popping along to the Cat & Lion on Thursday 5th May, Robert might also be able to make it.

Spoke to Mat from DMGRS at PoL 2022 and he said he should be there.

See you on Thursday,
Jim

CLINTE
3rd May 2022, 22:05
Sounds good Jim - I'll be there as well

Ian

vindaloo
4th May 2022, 12:11
Enjoy chaps, on holiday so see you in June.

MDMH757
4th May 2022, 15:55
Afternoon Gents,

I will also be there! see you then!

CLINTE
30th May 2022, 08:54
Hi All,

I met Paul ( by chance ) at the Capesthorne classic car show yesterday and we discussed the next meet on the 2nd June . We both thought that that the Cat & Lion would be busy on the 2nd with the Jubilee celebrations and would not attend on the 2nd . Instead we would propose to move it back a week to the 9th June ( as a one off ) .

Please let me know if you would like to attend on the 9th June or have any other thoughts on the matter.

Regards

Ian ( aka Clinte )

vindaloo
30th May 2022, 08:56
That’s fine with me Ian, I can make the 9th.

CLINTE
30th May 2022, 09:02
That's great - see you then . I will send a PM to the others in case they don't see the post .

Ian

J1MBO
30th May 2022, 15:47
Ian

I was thinking on the same lines about the 2nd being probably busy, quite happy with what you've suggested.

See you all on the 9th.

Regards
Jim

CLINTE
30th May 2022, 18:50
That's great Jim - see you on the 9th .

CLINTE
30th May 2022, 18:51
That's great Jim - see you there then

Lagetha
31st May 2022, 16:04
I'll try to get down for the meet at The Cat and Lion... on June 9th.

Frank Incensed
31st May 2022, 18:17
Hope to see you all on 9th, if Pat's feeling OK on that date.

All the best 'til then. Have a good bank holiday weekend, everyone.

Robert

J1MBO
1st June 2022, 09:07
I'll try to get down for the meet at The Cat and Lion... on June 9th.

Look forward to meeting you Kevin.

Hope to see you all on 9th, if Pat's feeling OK on that date.

All the best 'til then. Have a good bank holiday weekend, everyone.

Robert

Here's hoping.

Regards
Jim

MDMH757
9th June 2022, 16:45
Evening Gents,

See Y'all later...

Cheers

Maurice

vindaloo
9th June 2022, 17:16
Due to a late change of plan I can’t make tonight’s get together, hope you all have a good time.

J1MBO
9th June 2022, 17:31
Due to a late change of plan I can’t make tonight’s get together, hope you all have a good time.

Sorry to hear that Jim, hope to see you next month.

Jim

Lagetha
10th June 2022, 08:45
Just a quick line in thanks for the welcome I received at my first NW Meeting last evening. I really appreciated it, and am looking forward to seeing you all again. Lagetha enjoyed your attentions too!

So Maurice, Paul, Ian, Jim and Robert (who said older people remember nothing), Thank you...

Nige B
10th June 2022, 14:47
I may try and get to one of these NW meets..I no longer have a Mg or Rover but I have spotted loads of them since I moved over here to be nearer the daughter . and the grandchildren.I feel I know one of the owners (but not well ), wedgwood 75 with private plate.Delivered down his street recently .

Nige B
10th June 2022, 14:48
I still have some bits and bobs in the garage , may be of use to someone .:}

Frank Incensed
6th July 2022, 12:08
I still have some bits and bobs in the garage , may be of use to someone .:}

Thanks Nige. I'll pass on the details to at least 1 person who will probably be at the meeting and who has more than one 75, but doesn't use the Forum.

J1mbo and I should be there tomorrow evening.

Robert

vindaloo
6th July 2022, 12:12
I shall be there tomorrow evening

CLINTE
6th July 2022, 13:52
I will as well . See you all there.

Clinte

Lagetha
7th July 2022, 12:53
See you there this evening

Frank Incensed
4th August 2022, 12:41
J1mbo and I will be at the Cat & Lion again tonight, 4th August, soon after 7.

vindaloo
4th August 2022, 13:32
I shall be there soon after 7pm

CLINTE
4th August 2022, 15:30
I will be there as well plus a potential newcomer " Montego Bob " said he would come as well . He sent me a message earlier this week.

Lagetha
30th August 2022, 10:46
Sorry but I won't make the meeting at the Cat and Lion on Thursday 01/09, my social secretary (Mrs Lagetha :}) has double booked me for that evening, and since she didn't complain (much :}) at the recent Gretna and Ripley Castle meets I have decided to go along with her wishes.

See you in October!

J1MBO
2nd September 2022, 09:02
Sorry but I won't make the meeting at the Cat and Lion on Thursday 01/09, my social secretary (Mrs Lagetha :}) has double booked me for that evening, and since she didn't complain (much :}) at the recent Gretna and Ripley Castle meets I have decided to go along with her wishes.

See you in October!

Slipped my mind until a little too late yesterday evening :o, iirc several were going to miss the September meet as they were on holiday.

Hopefully I'll make the October meet :cool:.

Jim

luke83g
27th September 2022, 13:57
Hi - I'm a Rover 75 owner in Garstang, Lancashire. Are there any meets in the Lancashire / Cumbria area goign on? Be nice to meet other enthusiasts! Cheers Luke

Lagetha
6th October 2022, 19:50
After a busy couple of weeks helping a friend move house, decided to take Mrs Lagetha on a run out to Cleveleys today, 1) for the sea fresh air, and 2) to collect an eBay purchase...

Completely forgot about tonight's Cat & Lion Meet... Ah well, see you all next month.

:D

Frank Incensed
2nd November 2022, 18:53
After a busy couple of weeks helping a friend move house, decided to take Mrs Legatha on a run out to Cleveleys today, 1) for the sea fresh air, and 2) to collect an eBay purchase...

Completely forgot about tonight's Cat & Lion Meet... Ah well, see you all next month.

:D

Well Kevin, if you remember tomorrow night's meeting, what will we see you arrive in? :shrug: Better park under one of the lights so we can have a good butcher's.:}

Unfortunately, J1mbo's not gracing us with his presence (how will I find my way home, if they close the M56 again?:D )

I think he mumbled something about practicing for a gurning competition? :rolleyes:

Hope to see you. Take care, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

Frank Incensed
2nd November 2022, 20:40
Hi - I'm a Rover 75 owner in Garstang, Lancashire. Are there any meets in the Lancashire / Cumbria area goign on? Be nice to meet other enthusiasts! Cheers Luke

Hi Luke
Our meetings, starting about 19:00, on the first Thursday of the month, at The Cat and Lion are usually attended by about half a dozen current and previous owners. There are rarely more than 3 x 75s in the car park.

One of our regulars goes to most of the major Owners Club events and publishes videos of them. Others go to various classic car events and have great knowledge and experience (not me!).

The days when someone in the NW Region would organise a rolling road day,a run to Guru Jules in North Wales, a trip to the Bentley factory, or even a regional family Christmas meal are things of the past though, I'm afraid. Declining numbers of the marque together with changes in the personal circumstances of members have both taken their toll.

A new face is always welcome however, if you fancy a natter, and some sustenance. :}

Cheers

Lagetha
3rd November 2022, 16:17
Well Kevin, if you remember tomorrow night's meeting, what will we see you arrive in? :shrug: Better park under one of the lights so we can have a good butcher's.:}

Unfortunately, J1mbo's not gracing us with his presence (how will I find my way home, if they close the M56 again?:D )

I think he mumbled something about practicing for a gurning competition? :rolleyes:

Hope to see you. Take care, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

Hi Robert, I'll be there tonight in my 75. The 25 was bought in a bit of a hurry to help family out, but I thought I'd get another Rover since I've so many flat caps and humbugs laying around. Seriously if one drives a 23-year-old car, having a spare never goes amiss. Look forward to seeing everyone.

rab60bit
3rd November 2022, 21:13
If this is the correct date for the next meeting I'll be there (providing Tom Hobbs doesn't call her in to work his sill magic)

Lagetha
4th November 2022, 00:23
If this is the correct date for the next meeting I'll be there (providing Tom Hobbs doesn't call her in to work his sill magic)

I believe it is, I attended last evening's meet, and they all said they'd see me in December, usually the 1st Thursday, which happens to be the 1st of that month.

Frank Incensed
30th November 2022, 21:32
I believe it is, I attended last evening's meet, and they all said they'd see me in December, usually the 1st Thursday, which happens to be the 1st of that month.

The last year (of my life) has flown by and judging from comments on other threads, I don't seem to be alone there.
The last C&L social meet of 2022 is upon us. To anyone reading this who's not going to be there tomorrow night, I hope you have a stress-free and happy festive season and hope to see you on 12th night - so don't forget to take down any decorations before you come to the January meeting!:D

Best Wishes and May Fortune Smile On You

Robert

Frank Incensed
3rd January 2023, 23:18
I hope you have a stress-free and happy festive season and hope to see you on 12th night - so don't forget to take down any decorations before you come to the January meeting!:D

Robert

Well, it turns out J1mbo has a bad cold and I've been roped into intercity taxiing, because of the rail strikes, so neither of us will be there this Thursday.
i'm not sure if anyone else will be either, as I know at least 3, or 4 regulars had other arrangements.
All the best. I hope to see you Thurs 2nd February

Robert

J1MBO
4th January 2023, 11:02
Well, it turns out J1mbo has a bad cold and I've been roped into intercity taxiing, because of the rail strikes, so neither of us will be there this Thursday.
i'm not sure if anyone else will be either, as I know at least 3, or 4 regulars had other arrangements.
All the best. I hope to see you Thurs 2nd February

Robert

Yep I'm full of a cold that I just can't shake off, had it since before Christmas.

Hopefully there's an improvement before Monday because I can't miss my granddaughter's 6th birthday.

See you all in February.

Jim

Lagetha
5th January 2023, 17:25
And due to a family illness I can't be there tonight either...

Sent from my Note_7P using Tapatalk

Frank Incensed
2nd February 2023, 10:26
J1mbo's fit again and I've got a little left over after paying my tax bill and going to COSTCO yesterday:D so we'll be at The Cat & Lion tonight:}

BTW E10 petrol at COSTCO yesterday £1.37 per litre and premium about 10p more

CLINTE
2nd February 2023, 13:51
See you there

Mick Brownhill
2nd February 2023, 20:08
J1mbo's fit again and I've got a little left over after paying my tax bill and going to COSTCO yesterday:D so we'll be at The Cat & Lion tonight:}

What about VAT, included/not included?
Who's fuel?

I ask because I just got a card but need to pay VAT.

Frank Incensed
3rd February 2023, 10:03
What about VAT, included/not included?
Who's fuel?

I ask because I just got a card but need to pay VAT.

Hi Mick,
I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. I simply saw the prices on the sign as I was driving into Costco car park, opposite the Trafford Centre. I've never bought fuel from Costco and a quick Google has made me none the wiser, but I've yet to see any mention of VAT.
However, this particular site does show that Costo fuel prices vary according to location:-
https://localprices.co.uk/costco/petrol-prices-today

Regards

Simon Fawcett
3rd February 2023, 15:29

Hi - looks like I've missed this meeting again, But I would like to come. Do I understand from this that it's the first Thursday of the month at the Cat and Lion?
Thanks
Simon

Frank Incensed
3rd February 2023, 20:10
Hi - looks like I've missed this meeting again, But I would like to come. Do I understand from this that it's the first Thursday of the month at the Cat and Lion?
Thanks
Simon

That's right Simon. So it's 2nd March at around 19:00. Hope to see you there.

Lagetha
3rd April 2023, 18:12
Sorry, but I won't be there for April's meeting this Thursday 06/04/23, my wife has double booked me for a social event, and after Sunday's very successful trip to Wembley I'm going with her plan 😂

Lagetha
2nd May 2023, 18:35
My local in Bolton has a small beer garden, they've served some Holt's Ales over the years, but I didn't expect this... See you Thursday 04/05/2023...🙂 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230502/0820efde24d6da3fbbaca6a0012e8fab.jpg

Frank Incensed
4th May 2023, 09:53
Nice to see some new faces Last month, largely due to Paul, I think. And more people who still actually have 75s or ZTs:D.

A pity we weren't able to get a large table as they were all reserved. J1mbo and I will be there tonight, so we'll see how thing pan out.

Robert

CLINTE
4th May 2023, 12:21
See you there Robert .

Lagetha
1st June 2023, 14:21
Sorry guys, but I'm afraid I won't make it there tonight.

SWMBO has pulled rank, and after her (patiently) spending 6 hours at The Yorkshire Classic & Performance Car Show at Ripley Castle last Sunday, and providing excellent pic-nic fare, I feel she may have a point.

Hopefully I'll see you all on July 6th.

Frank Incensed
1st June 2023, 15:25
Hi folks

Sadly J1mbo and I won't be attending this evening. I'm feeling pretty rough after over exposure in the garden on Tuesday and (unless he has a visit from a good fairy) it doesn't look as though Jim will be able to get there.
See you in July. I hope.
Enjoy and take care

Robert

Tony Dancer
30th August 2023, 21:27
Hi guys, are meetings still held? Cheers, Tony from Oldhan

CLINTE
30th August 2023, 21:37
Yes - the first Thursday in the month .

I won't be there in September but should be back for October

Frank Incensed
5th October 2023, 17:35
Yes - the first Thursday in the month .

I won't be there in September but should be back for October

I should be there before 19:30, Ian, but I'm not stopping late.

I've responded to Stevo Snr., but he might not pick it up.

Cheers

Robert