PDA

View Full Version : 46th Halfway House Meet

FLYING BANANA
20th May 2014, 17:44
SUNDAY 15th June 2014 will be our 46th meet at this venue
Starting at Noon till whenever

Sunday 17th August will be our Anniversary a Meet from the Halfway House to The Garrison Pub in Shoeburyness. Details to follow. July meet will be on Sunday 20th.

Welcome to MG-ROVER-South East,we have been doing this event for around three years and have steadily built it into the biggest regular MG-Rover South East meet,there have been some changes of venue along the way, but at Brentwood it has worked best and continues to be the regular meet venue.

We meet up around the 3rd Sunday of the Month,but sometimes due to other popular events this is changed by a week either side.The Halfway House in Brentwood,has easy access from the M25/A127 to Southend,it has a large car park of which we use the back near the play area,serves meals and drinks and has all the facilities we could use

ABOUT THE MEET
We arrive as the designated time which is about Noon so that we can make a day of it and avoid the dark nights that we get in the winter months.
After looking at Members Cars we take a few pics and weather permiting we stay outside to greet anyone who has yet to arrive, were not hard to find as we all park together in the Venue Car Park.

The current Meet Reps are Alan Hodgson - Rover BRM, Paul Woodham-Trophy Blue ZT or Dave Beale- Solar Red ZTT, Bob Burgess in either Sunspot Yellow ZT or a Firefrost ZT.

These Meets are Family Friendly and we welcome anyone to participate.

There are a good handful of us from all over the London, Kent and Essex areas but we gladly welcome more, if you know any other Members on other forums near the Meet or Friends who own an MG-ROVER
then SPREAD THE WORD and post up Topics on your respective owners Club Web-sites.

We have a few basic rules for the Meet, this is to make sure we Represent the club in a responsible manner

1. NO ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR
2. NO WHEEL SPINS
3. NO BURN-OUTS
4. NO DOUGHNUTS
5. NO DANGEROUS MANUVERS (Handbreak turns etc)
6. NO BLASTING SOUND SYSTEMS
7. DRINK RESPONSIBLY

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT RUBBISH IN THE BINS PROVIDED OR TAKE HOME WITH YOU PLEASE.

Disclaimer,please read

ANY BREECH THESE RULES AND YOU WILL EJECTED FROM THE MEET AND BANNED FROM FUTURE MEETS

MEETING DETAILS

The best way to come is exiting the M25 at Juncton 29 and taking the A127 as The Halfway House is located straight of it, there is also a Juntction and slipway right next to it which is handy for heading back to the M25.

The Directions and Post Codes listed below will get you there.

The HALFWAY HOUSE
Southend Arterial Road, (A127)
Brentwood,
Essex,
CM13 3LL - (Be sure to remember this for your Sat-Nav)

FACILITIES

Large Beer Garden - Wheelchair Access - Diabled Toilet - Baby Changing Facility - Outdoor Children's Play Area - Car Parking for 100+ Cars - Debit & Credit Cards Accepted - Great Hot Food - Good Selection of Beers, Wine and Spirits.
Also on site is a Little Chef and a Travelodge Hotel.

MG-Rover South East can be found on Facebook.

If you have ANY Problems just send Admin a PM if you need anymore info or Directions, we are happy to send out Mobile Numbers to anyone interested in coming so we can keep in touch for future meets and events.

Those attending are:

Alan. Rover BRM
David75. Rover 75
Peter & Wife. Rover 75
Jan -t. Rover 75 or MG TF.
Dave B. MG ZTT
Dave W. MG ZTT
NicckAx54. MG ZTT
Woody804. MG ZT
FezzyFox. MG ZT
Pistonbroke666. MG ZT
Dragonheart. MG ZT
Bob. MG ZT "The Flying Banana".
Becky. MG ZR
Lauren MG ZR.
ZiggyZS. MG ZS.
Carlalou. MG ZS in " Spectre "
E. Bumnel. MG TF or Rover P4
Stu & Alison Audi A2.
Trevor. Chrysler Voyager. Rover 600 Ti being restored.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an offical Rover 75/ MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.

FezzyFox
21st May 2014, 09:24
I'll be there Bob :}

Also, i wondered if i could possibly ask if somebody could help me get my front bumper top corners to sit flush on the day?

I'll bring tools, washers & gloves etc and of course buy you a pint :D

Dragonheart65
21st May 2014, 10:40
I'm in Bob

FLYING BANANA
21st May 2014, 13:26
I'll be there Bob :}

Also, i wondered if i could possibly ask if somebody could help me get my front bumper top corners to sit flush on the day?

I'll bring tools, washers & gloves etc and of course buy you a pint :D
Speak to Paul Woodham, Woody 804, drives Trophy Blue ZT.
I'm in Bob
OK.
Both names on the list.

FezzyFox
21st May 2014, 16:46
Speak to Paul Woodham, Woody 804, drives Trophy Blue ZT.

OK.
Both names on the list.

Will message Paul on FB Later.

ive read the how to on doing the job and it seems straightforward enough. Nut 2 pairs of hands make front bumper work that much easier :D

Woof25
21st May 2014, 17:16
Wont be attending this time it conflicts with another meeting I promised to support

FLYING BANANA
21st May 2014, 18:01
Wont be attending this time it conflicts with another meeting I promised to support
Ok no problem. See you next time.

david75
21st May 2014, 22:30
I plan to attend. thanks. David

FLYING BANANA
22nd May 2014, 06:39
I plan to attend. thanks. David
OK David name on the ever growing list.

Jan A~T
4th June 2014, 09:32
We will be there as usual Bob :}

Leyland Worldmaster
4th June 2014, 10:16
Alison and me can make it! :D

FLYING BANANA
4th June 2014, 12:05
We will be there as usual Bob :}

Ok Jan. What are you bringing, car that is?
Alison and me can make it! :D

Ok Stu and Alison. Names on list

Jan A~T
4th June 2014, 18:32
Ok Jan. What are you bringing, car that is?

Hopefully Madam Bob M6 CBH if not Ted x

Pistonbroke666
5th June 2014, 13:10
Just a heads up to the organisers - I've referred Rob Bell who's connected to a guy that wants to test out his own MGR diagnostic tool on MG-R's on the 15th June to this thread.

I've also passed on the Facebook page for MGR SE so that he can reach out to one of the organisers.

Hope that's ok!

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=672578

FLYING BANANA
5th June 2014, 13:23
Just a heads up to the organisers - I've referred Rob Bell who's connected to a guy that wants to test out his own MGR diagnostic tool on MG-R's on the 15th June to this thread.

I've also passed on the Facebook page for MGR SE so that he can reach out to one of the organisers.

Hope that's ok!

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=672578
Please note that the T4 test is at Frien Barnet, North London and that the Halfway House meet is in Brentwood Essex. So are miles apart.

Pistonbroke666
5th June 2014, 13:29
Please note that the T4 test is at Frien Barnet, North London and that the Halfway House meet is in Brentwood Essex. So are miles apart.

He's actually wanting to come to the HH instead bud.

Rob Bell
5th June 2014, 14:04
Hi chaps,

Just found about about this meet from pistonbroke666...

Yes, I am trying to put together a diagnostic test day with MG, Rover, Lotus, Caterham etc owners - here's the information from the other thread:

Hi Chaps,

As an owner of multiple MG Rovers (a lot of us are!) with ECUs that are not OBD2 compliant (argh!) reading fault codes is a nightmare. Personally, I don't think I'd get enough use to justify the purchase of a T4, but I'd actually like to have an affordable fault code reader that will help with diagnostics on my cars at home (two MGFs, '03 ZTT CDTi)

Recently I've bumped into Phillip Christain - a Peugeot enthusiast who has an interest in things electronic and encrypted interfaces. He's been working on a widget for Rover vehicles that can retrieve fault codes, reset fault codes and service lights, read live data etc from most of the car's ECUs - airbag, ABS, Engine ECU...

This struck me as "a very good idea" and so I've been helping him out to develop his interface using my MGFs and ZTT. Actually the process has been really useful as I found that my ZT's MAF was giving no signal reading whatsoever and was therefore responsible for poor engine running... very pleased.

I have absolutely no business or financial interest in this kit - but it looks really useful for my aging Rovers!

With the help of MGF Register forum, I am putting together a testing session where anyone with an MG Rover car can come to see whether Phillip's kit works on their car, and retrieve fault codes that were otherwise invisible, reset those codes etc. The up-side for Phillip is that he'll be giving his interface a real field test (and hopefully he'll be able to test his interface on cars he's not seen before - I know it works on my diesel ZTT, but whether or not it works on a KV6 is anyone's guess at the moment). The up-side to the community is that here will be a legitimate, British designed and built diagnostic reader without ridiculously restrictive and expensive licensing agreements - so has good potential as a good home DIY tool.

The day will be open to all MGs, Rovers, Lotus, Caterhams and any other vehicle fitted with a Rover engine and ECU(s).

Location is North London, on the Friern Barnet Retail Park (nice and quiet, with a nearby McD's and a Halfords in the event of "problems") from 10am-2pm on Sunday 15th June.

It's all free (beneficial to all parties I think) - but let me know if you are interested just so I can get an idea of numbers

Seems daft to have two events at the same time - do you guys think we should merge this and hold it at the Halfway House?

FLYING BANANA
5th June 2014, 16:50
Hi chaps,

Just found about about this meet from pistonbroke666...

Yes, I am trying to put together a diagnostic test day with MG, Rover, Lotus, Caterham etc owners - here's the information from the other thread:

Seems daft to have two events at the same time - do you guys think we should merge this and hold it at the Halfway House?

I see from your write up that in " case of problems there is an Halfords on site", at Frien Barnet. Alas there is no Halfords on site at the Halfway House. So if any problems should arise you'll be out of luck.

You are more than welcome to attend though. If enough interest then no doubt you'll be back on regular basis.

However I must point out that the 75/MG ZT OC, The Halfway House nor the MGRSE can be held responsible for any work carried out by you.

coolcat
6th June 2014, 13:50
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can't make this one I'm afraid, I have a customer coming for an install!
See those that are coming at Manningtree and see you all back at the Halfway in July hopefully:D

Have a great meet;)

FLYING BANANA
6th June 2014, 14:49
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can't make this one I'm afraid, I have a customer coming for an install!
See those that are coming at Manningtree and see you all back at the Halfway in July hopefully:D

Have a great meet;)

Ok Jeff, I'll put the Lttle Chef team on stand by. See you next time.

peter.goodson
6th June 2014, 18:31
Hi Bob

Please can you me and my wife to the list.

Many thanks

Peter

FLYING BANANA
6th June 2014, 20:20
Hi Bob

Please can you me and my wife to the list.

Many thanks

Peter

Ok Peter you are on the ever growing list.

Pistonbroke666
8th June 2014, 10:44
I guess that this is MEMS3 then? I haven't tested MEMS3 on a 75 so I will try and get there. It depends a bit how the morning one goes in Barnet which I will do first,

I think everything after 2001 is MEMS3 pretty much.

Rob Bell
9th June 2014, 10:28
I think everything after 2001 is MEMS3 pretty much.

You're right - anything with the K16 engine after 2000 had MEMS3 - but the KV6 uses the Siemens EMS2000 I believe - and isn't a unit that Phillip has tested yet? :)

Pistonbroke666
13th June 2014, 13:38
Just wanted to confirm I should be down in the ZT with my dad in an off-road prepped Land Rover 90 from the good old days of the Rover Corporation.

NickAX54
14th June 2014, 19:32
Hi, I am a fairly new member and received lots of help when needed so would like to come along
Thanks
Nick

FLYING BANANA
14th June 2014, 19:58
Hi, I am a fairly new member and received lots of help when needed so would like to come along
Thanks
Nick
More the merrier, welcome aboard. I'll add you to the list.

FLYING BANANA
15th June 2014, 19:56
Considering it was Fathers Day we had a good turn out with 38 cars making the meet. June's Car Of The Month was won by G.Shaw's immaculate Rover 114. I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 07:59
Photo's from Sunday's meet.

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:02
And some more pictures

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:05
And yet more pictures

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:09
And we have some more

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:13
Found loads more

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:17
Last lot....................................for now.

coolcat
16th June 2014, 08:18
Great pictures Bob,
Sorry I missed this one, will see you at Manningtree and hopefully July's Halfway House meet:}

FLYING BANANA
16th June 2014, 08:23
http://http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35665&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1402906871Picture of the Trophy donated to the club by Trevor Butler, owner of the Rover 620ti. This will be presented to Car of The Year at the Xmas dinner.
And a few odd ball pictures from me.

Great pictures Bob,
Sorry I missed this one, will see you at Manningtree and hopefully July's Halfway House meet:}
I'll be at Manningtree but not at the next HH as I will be in Scotland for the Gretna Green meet.
We kept the staff at the Little Chef busy on your behalf Jeff.

Gate Keeper
16th June 2014, 09:17
Great photos Bob and it is good to see you have been having fun putting them together and playing round with the lighting effects. 3-D looks interesting and I like your approach in being creative and daring lol :}

Woof25
16th June 2014, 10:28
Yes they were creative via one of the many editing programmes available to us to have fun with. But now photos are not accepted as evidence precisely because of the tweaks and twists we can make to them, funny old life isn't it. I should be at the next meet so will try out the camera on my tablet, I meant to at the Star which I attended but rushed out leaving it behind :duh: thankfully I had my trusty Nikon with me so got some pics which I will put up later. Be interesting to hear of how the mems experiment went if it happened of course, the funny thing was if I had,nt gone to Leatherhead I could have seen the demo at Friern Bridge retail park which is just a mile away from me :}. Best to all see you next month :}:D