PDA

View Full Version : Grantown-on Spey Motormania Sept 7th 2014

Graham1961
22nd May 2014, 23:07
Hi All.

This years Motormania at Grantown-on-Spey will be held on Sunday 7th September.

Now a few of us attended last year and it was a fantastic day with hundreds of classic cars/trucks/buses on display.

For the members that came last year, you should get a E-mail automatically, which will allow you to enter this year.

Is anyone interested in attending and seeing a lovely part of the country as well ?

Here is the link.....http://www.grantown-motormania.co.uk/

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

FLYER
23rd May 2014, 12:22
Get us down for this.

Graham1961
23rd May 2014, 23:39
Get us down for this.

Just click on the link George and book yourself in.....job done..:}

Now i'm booked at Garden Park on the 5th/6th Sept.

Would you like me to book you in there ???

FLYER
24th May 2014, 19:02
Just click on the link George and book yourself in.....job done..:}

Now i'm booked at Garden Park on the 5th/6th Sept.

Would you like me to book you in there ???

That would be great , room number one please lol.

Ravinder
25th May 2014, 13:11
I'm tempted to put my name down to this. I hope by that point, the coupe will be fully done and on the road. :)

FLYER
25th May 2014, 19:50
I'm tempted to put my name down to this. I hope by that point, the coupe will be fully done and on the road. :)

Excellent meet .

Been to the last two.:D

Graham1961
25th May 2014, 22:42

How many nights George ?

I'm staying Friday 5th/Sat 6th.....Show on the 7th.

FLYER
26th May 2014, 11:08
How many nights George ?

I'm staying Friday 5th/Sat 6th.....Show on the 7th.
Same for us big G.
:D

Graham1961
28th May 2014, 19:22

George..I have booked you in to Garden Park guest house on the Friday/Saturday 5th/6th September for the show on the 7th (Sunday).

Room No 1 as well.

Astraeus
30th May 2014, 18:44
George..I have booked you in to Garden Park guest house on the Friday/Saturday 5th/6th September for the show on the 7th (Sunday).

Room No 1 as well.

Hi

Wendy and I booked too! Enjoyed last year.
Be good to get a nice warm and sunny day.

Chris

Ravinder
7th June 2014, 22:23
I'm seriously considering this. Just been looking at the gallery on their site and some really nice cars. I hope the weather stays good since it's outdoor.

Graham1961
7th June 2014, 23:41
I'm seriously considering this. Just been looking at the gallery on their site and some really nice cars. I hope the weather stays good since it's outdoor.

Just click on the link on my first post and click on Register........enter your car details and your E-mail, submit...and job done.

Les4048
8th June 2014, 05:06
Got my name in just as I had last year but work interfered at the last minute as per usual :-(

Ravinder
8th June 2014, 21:11
Have now registered. Looking forward to this. Gives me something to work towards to. Means I MUST get the coupe ready by then. A lot of work to be done but the challenge will be fun! :D

AldoR
9th June 2014, 20:26
All booked now for this one and were staying at the Waverly Villa guest house.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/images1_zps40b38b22.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/aldov6/media/images1_zps40b38b22.jpg.html)

parahandy
9th June 2014, 20:57
Also booked Aldo, we're at the Garden Park as last year.

AldoR
9th June 2014, 21:06
Also booked Aldo, we're at the Garden Park as last year.
Great news, I did try and book the garden park sadly fully booked am hoping Tim & Elsa can make it to enjoyed last year:}

Graham1961
9th June 2014, 21:27
Garden Park Guest House is now fully booked up on the Saturday night (6th Sept)

If anyone want alternative accommodation in Grantown on Spey, try Seafield Lodge Hotel at Woodside Avenue or Willowbrae Guest House.

I will look up more places and post up as soon as possible.

AldoR
17th June 2014, 17:18
Are we going to arrange evining dinner as done last year good for us all, be good to get a catch up:}

Graham1961
17th June 2014, 20:00
Are we going to arrange evining dinner as done last year good for us all, be good to get a catch up:}

Hi Aldo...Yes i am up for that, once i know for sure how many are going up, i will book The Garth Hotel (same one as last year) as it's in the town itself.

Ravinder
18th June 2014, 00:53
I'd be up for a meal.

parahandy
18th June 2014, 18:25
Me too also!

Ravinder
19th June 2014, 00:04
I never say no to food! :D

FLYER
24th June 2014, 11:52
Yes up for a meal on the saturday.

Ravinder
24th June 2014, 16:24
Damn, just re-read the post about dinner. I thought it was on the day of the meet. Just realised that it's the Saturday. I won't be there as I'm only coming up for the day. If you decide to go for a meal after the meet I would be up for that. Thanks.

Graham1961
24th June 2014, 23:47
Damn, just re-read the post about dinner. I thought it was on the day of the meet. Just realised that it's the Saturday. I won't be there as I'm only coming up for the day. If you decide to go for a meal after the meet I would be up for that. Thanks.

Aye....we can see what time we have after the show finishes.

Once i get an idea how many wish to book a meal for Saturday (6th) evening i will book.

I will assume everyone that is going will be interested in going for dinner on the Saturday evening.

Graham1961
27th July 2014, 21:44
Attention for all going to Motormania September 7th.

Many of us are going up on the Friday/Saturday and having a meal at The Garth Hotel on the Saturday evening, as i am going to Grantown on Spey next Saturday for my holidays i am going to see them about booking us in.

So far i have the names Graham. Mr and Mrs Flyer. Buzzard John and Kathy.

Parahandy (Andy and Rae) AldoR and Alison. Chris and Wendy (poss)

Would anyone else like a meal at The Garth Hotel on the Saturday evening before the show on Sunday ?.

So far that is 11 people

Graham1961
27th July 2014, 21:46
Hi

Wendy and I booked too! Enjoyed last year.
Be good to get a nice warm and sunny day.

Chris

Chris...You fancy coming for a meal on the Saturday evening at The Garth Hotel ?

Astraeus
28th July 2014, 22:43
Chris...You fancy coming for a meal on the Saturday evening at The Garth Hotel ?

At moment we are driving up on Sunday morning.

Got grandchild duties on Saturday :o

Chris

Astraeus
31st July 2014, 00:25
At moment we are driving up on Sunday morning.

Got grandchild duties on Saturday :o

Chris

Hi

Getting up Saturday night! :} either on my own or with Wendy so 1 definite for meal plus 1 possible! :}:}

Chris

Graham1961
31st July 2014, 18:44
Hi

Getting up Saturday night! :} either on my own or with Wendy so 1 definite for meal plus 1 possible! :}:}

Chris

List amended Chris.

Graham1961
7th August 2014, 22:28
Wee update folks...

I popped into The Garth Hotel while i was in Grantown on Spey and have told them we will be coming there for evening dinner, if there are anymore coming i have just to let them know, but i have told them so far there are 11 for dinner.

Also booked for 7.30pm on Saturday 6th Sept.

Ravinder
7th August 2014, 23:12
Shame I'll miss the partaking of consuming lots of food bit! :(

Graham1961
30th August 2014, 17:31
Hi All.

The table at The Garth Hotel has been booked for Saturday Sept 6th for our dinner at 7.30pm.

Have booked a few extra spaces in case anyone comes up at short notice.

Astraeus
31st August 2014, 12:49
Hi All.

The table at The Garth Hotel has been booked for Saturday Sept 6th for our dinner at 7.30pm.

Have booked a few extra spaces in case anyone comes up at short notice.

I have the detail sheets for the cars that Glenn made up for us.
Chris

FLYER
31st August 2014, 21:04
I have the detail sheets for the cars that Glenn made up for us.
ChrisAnd ALDO brought the stands for them to Callander today so we look all set .

Graham1961
2nd September 2014, 20:40
And ALDO brought the stands for them to Callander today so we look all set .

Excellent George.

See you at Bankfoot Restaurant at 6.30pm then have a coffee then up to Grantown on Spey. :bowdown:

Astraeus
3rd September 2014, 21:05
Excellent George.

See you at Bankfoot Restaurant at 6.30pm then have a coffee then up to Grantown on Spey. :bowdown:

Hi all

Just me on my lonesome..:o....plus the dancing girls I have ordered..:duh:
Joking honest...
I will be up Saturday night for meal.

Spent this evening claying the car. Now looking spick and span! Trouble is with 100 miles to drive it will be covered in dead flies! :eek:

Looking forward to it. The weather looks like it is going to be fair and warm :}

Chris

suzublu
3rd September 2014, 21:28
Such a shame it's the same weekend as the Lion at Blakey meet for me:duh: Would love another long trek up there:cool:

FLYER
4th September 2014, 08:38
Such a shame it's the same weekend as the Lion at Blakey meet for me:duh: Would love another long trek up there:cool:

We will be thinking of you Blingmaster.

At least I wont need sunglasses to look at your car .....:D

Astraeus
4th September 2014, 15:48
We will be thinking of you Blingmaster.

At least I wont need sunglasses to look at your car .....:D

Remember to print of the registration for to display on your car window to avoid queues. You should have an e mail with a link.

Chris

doopydug
4th September 2014, 17:44
Remember to print of the registration for to display on your car window to avoid queues. You should have an e mail with a link.

Chris

Is there a system where registered cars can skip the traffic queues?

Astraeus
4th September 2014, 22:57
Is there a system where registered cars can skip the traffic queues?

Yes, this year if you display the download form. If not you have to park up, walk to register then back to your car then in. New system this year.
Got mine printed off.

Chris

Graham1961
4th September 2014, 22:59
Yes, this year if you display the download form. If not you have to park up, walk to register then back to your car then in. New system this year.
Got mine printed off.

Chris

Blast...I don't have a printer...ah well...just need to wait in the queue.

Les4048
5th September 2014, 04:58
Got mine but I won't be there guys. I'm still waiting for my new air con compressor to arrive. Enjoy your day :getmecoat:

stevestrat
5th September 2014, 06:34
Blast...I don't have a printer...ah well...just need to wait in the queue.Graham, I have but only a black & white one at the moment. If you give me the info etc I could print it off and you can pick it up anytime you are passing.

Graham1961
5th September 2014, 07:11
Graham, I have but only a black & white one at the moment. If you give me the info etc I could print it off and you can pick it up anytime you are passing.

Thanks for that, think i have delated the details, am registered, but i will get there early say 8.30am as it's still quiet then.

http://www.grantown-motormania.co.uk/

doopydug
5th September 2014, 07:54
Was gonna bring the wife and kids up and stay Saturday night but struggling to find anywhere to stay - everywhere is booked

FLYER
5th September 2014, 09:05
Was gonna bring the wife and kids up and stay Saturday night but struggling to find anywhere to stay - everywhere is booked

Always a struggle for this event , its huge .

We book early , na na na na na...:D

FLYER
5th September 2014, 09:07

Chris

Dont have a printer and cant even remember if I registered.

Life has been chaotic of late ...:devil:

Astraeus
5th September 2014, 09:18
Dont have a printer and cant even remember if I registered.

Life has been chaotic of late ...:devil:

Actually, I don't think you did. Think you decided just to go.
Hope life not to hectic. At times it would be great if life just cut us some slack.
:shrug:
Hope that big bump at the bottom of your allotment is not a certain gentleman. Mind you could leave a certain part of the anatomy uncovered so you can park your bicycle (a la Billy Connolly!) :D

See you Saturday evening.

Chris

FLYER
5th September 2014, 10:52
Actually, I don't think you did. Think you decided just to go.
Hope life not to hectic. At times it would be great if life just cut us some slack.
:shrug:
Hope that big bump at the bottom of your allotment is not a certain gentleman. Mind you could leave a certain part of the anatomy uncovered so you can park your bicycle (a la Billy Connolly!) :D

See you Saturday evening.

Chris

That is one saga that just goes on and on and on and on and...............:devil:

Ravinder
5th September 2014, 14:10
Sadly guys, I will not be attending this event. I have unexpected visitors from England coming up and I'd like to be here for that. I've not seen my new born niece yet so that will be nice. They're staying with us for a few days so I'll be showing them around too. Hope you all have a great time. :)

Astraeus
7th September 2014, 18:31
Hi

Thanks to all those that made it to Motormania this year. Despite the very wet weather I enjoyed myself and particularly the banter after our meal on Saturday night. :bowdown:
Pity they didn't have the log fire on mind you. :duh:

For those who didn't make it...... It was wet. Very wet! :eek:

30 miles down the road and the roads were bone dry!

Thanks again all

Chris

FLYER
7th September 2014, 19:01
Hi

Thanks to all those that made it to Motormania this year. Despite the very wet weather I enjoyed myself and particularly the banter after our meal on Saturday night. :bowdown:
Pity they didn't have the log fire on mind you. :duh:

For those who didn't make it...... It was wet. Very wet! :eek:

30 miles down the road and the roads were bone dry!

Thanks again all

Chrisjust got home .

Yes excellent weekend and saturday night was a hoot , best laugh ive had in ages.

Great to see our cars in the main display and showing the colours .

Even tho I was seconded to the Mini club lol.

Biggest Mini there. Lol.

Well done troops.

Graham1961
7th September 2014, 23:17
Well done to all of those who attended Motormania.

We had a super time despite the weather being a bit damp, however our cars did attract quite a bit of interest which we were pleased with.

Motormania is a very attended show with a wide variety of classic cars/commercials on show.

And I am well pleased with my display stand...Thanks Aldo.

FLYER
8th September 2014, 08:41
Well done to all of those who attended Motormania.

We had a super time despite the weather being a bit damp, however our cars did attract quite a bit of interest which we were pleased with.

Motormania is a very attended show with a wide variety of classic cars/commercials on show.

And I am well pleased with my display stand...Thanks Aldo.

Well pleased with my display stand also .

Just need my frikin card to put in it.

Over to you Glenn.:p:

AldoR
8th September 2014, 17:37
Pics from Grantown on Spey car show, Just to add we had a great time there a lovely evning also on Saturday with friends, Hurry up Grantown 2015 :D

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/aldov6/story/29981

Yella Fella
9th September 2014, 09:43
Pics from Grantown on Spey car show, Just to add we had a great time there a lovely evning also on Saturday with friends, Hurry up Grantown 2015 :D

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/aldov6/story/29981

Aldo, it looks like your photobucket account is private. No one can view the pics. I cant anyway.

parahandy
9th September 2014, 18:54
Aldo, it looks like your photobucket account is private. No one can view the pics. I cant anyway.

Me neither.

fraz59
9th September 2014, 19:06
I can see it just fine

AldoR
9th September 2014, 21:05
I can see it just fine

😀 try it now folks.

suzublu
9th September 2014, 21:09
Ah the memories:cool: Looks great as always Aldo, despite the Scottish weather:D Will really try to get up again next year:bowdown: Love the place:drool4:

FLYER
10th September 2014, 08:45
Ah the memories:cool: Looks great as always Aldo, despite the Scottish weather:D Will really try to get up again next year:bowdown: Love the place:drool4:

They said it was the first time in its 17 years it rained.