PDA

View Full Version : 2nd National Meet 2014

Yella Fella
12th June 2014, 12:03
SCOTTISH MEMBERS . . .

The 2nd National Meet in 2014 was intended to be held in Scotland but those plans were abandoned but we hope it will be in Scotland in 2015! :}

So, the 2nd National Meet for 2014 and will be held at;
The Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, Co Durham DL12 8NP on
Sunday 28th September 2014.

It's within travelling distance for Scottish members and doable in about 2hrs 25mins (148 miles) according to Google Maps.

Full details of the 2nd National Meet 2014 can be found on this thread:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=186318 (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=186318)

If Scottish members are going we can sort the travelling arrangements on this thread. If you fancy going pop your name down in this thread and in the main thread also to help the organisers with numbers.

Travel arrangements for the National Meet on Sunday 28th September:

https://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.pngIf travelling the same day we would need to leave Glasgow circa 0630hrs.
Leave Bothwell Services at 0630, head down the M74, stop at Abington Services (M74 A702) to collect any memebers from Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
Leave Abington Services at 0715hrs
We should arrive at the meet about 0915hrs. This gives us time etc for any delays, mishaps or anything else and it gives us time to clean the cars etc before the start at 10am.

Going from bonnie Scotland . . .

Same day travel
1. Yella Fella (Travelling same day. Possible overnight TBC)
2. Keithybhoy.
3. Ravinder.
4. Gavvlar.
5. doopydog.

Overnight stay
1. AldoR
2. Simondi
3. Fraz

YF

keithybhoy
12th June 2014, 15:47
Put me down Glen :):)

Yella Fella
12th June 2014, 18:13
Put me down Glen :):)

Done. Remember to add your name on the main thread.

RPWC
12th June 2014, 18:22
Caravanners! Look here
For any members wanting to attend that have to travel some distance,, as Stu mentioned there is a premier in not too far away . For any caravanners,there is a caravan club site only 5 minutes drive away, cost will be Approx £ 22 for 2 adults and the pitch,children are an additional £2 each per night. These prices are for club members only,non members are accepted ,but will have to pay an additional fee. Alternatively there is a privately owned site only 4 miles away called Hetherick caravan park,their prices are £16 per pitch for 2 adults and electric, children and extra adults £1 each per night, awnings £3 ,porch awnings £2 . There are other caravan sites available around the Barnard castle area,for further information on the above two, go to www.caravanclub.co.uk and search for Teesdale Barnard Castle site, or www.ukcampsite.co.uk and type in Barnard Castle into the search browser for "by town"
Hope this helps you all. If enough people are taking a caravan, I will take mine,stay Saturday night ready for the meet

Ravinder
12th June 2014, 19:20
Going from bonnie Scotland . . .

1. Yella Fella (Travelling same day, no overnight)
2. Keithybhoy.
3. Ravinder (In Rover Coupe)

AldoR
13th June 2014, 06:47
[QUOTE=Ravinder;1704434]Going from bonnie Scotland . . .

1. Yella Fella (Travelling same day, no overnight)
2. Keithybhoy.
3. Ravinder (In Rover Coupe.
4. AldoR (want to stay over night) not booked any where yet.

Yella Fella
13th June 2014, 07:52
Names added :} and some travel details :driving: added to the first post.

Simondi
13th June 2014, 16:25
I will certainly be there although I suspect I may need to travel down the day before.

I have added the names to list on the main thread

AldoR
13th June 2014, 19:58
All booked up for two nights now into the Darlington Premier inn as there is a beefeater restaurant onsite.
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/DARBRE/darlington

mickm1
18th June 2014, 08:02
ok theres always one so here goes.........:D

Are there any members who see this jamboree as a family day? The reason I ask is that my son, his partner and baby who at the time would be a year and a half are over from Canada for 6 months. I think his partner would quite like the museum and the place in general.
They would undoubtedly go and do their own thing with the Mrs as they dont want to watch me :drool4: over other members cars :D.

Thoughts please and also input from other members if they take family. :shrug:

I would be travelling from Glasgow and would join convoy heading down on day btw

Mick

Yella Fella
18th June 2014, 20:07
Mick,

wife's, sons, daughters, children and pets are welcome. :}

mickm1
1st August 2014, 16:35
Mick,

wife's, sons, daughters, children and pets are welcome. :}

wee bump for this. Trying to talk the Mrs to get saturday off work and we can head down early sat morning. My plan was to take my son and his mrs along with the baby who will be about 17 months to Lightwater valley park. Head back up and book hotel near the meet, go to meet on sunday and head home after this. A cunning plan only my mrs can scupper :D

prob best time for me to take them whilst im only 40 miles away is my thinking :p:

This is also september weekend eh???

Mick

Yella Fella
21st August 2014, 19:13
Bumpety bump for the 2d National meet.

This is not far away now. Any more from Scotland? Reply and I'll add you name on the list in the first post of this thread.

Main thread . . .

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=186318

keithybhoy
22nd August 2014, 15:19
Gavvlar will be going to Glen :):)

Yella Fella
25th August 2014, 09:25
Gavvlar will be going to Glen :):)

Cherrs, added to the list in post 1.

Ravinder
26th August 2014, 12:08
Will we be going in a convoy? I'll be travelling from Fife. It would be good to meet up with a few faces on the way down. Oh wait, I'm going on the Sunday morning so won't be staying the night. Who else is going on the Sunday?

Yella Fella
26th August 2014, 13:26
Will we be going in a convoy? I'll be travelling from Fife. It would be good to meet up with a few faces on the way down. Oh wait, I'm going on the Sunday morning so won't be staying the night. Who else is going on the Sunday?

There are proposed times and meeting places etc in post #1 for people travelling on Sunday morning. We will probably go with these times and places etc.

doopydug
26th August 2014, 13:38

I may be going down, from Kirkcaldy

keithybhoy
26th August 2014, 21:05
Yeah il be in the sunday mornin convoy :) :)

Yella Fella
1st September 2014, 09:05
Slight changes to the travel times for the 2nd National Meet;

Travel arrangements for the National Meet on Sunday 28th September:

https://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.pngIf travelling the same day we would need to leave Glasgow circa 0630hrs.
Leave Bothwell Services at 0630hrs, head down the M74, stop at Abington Services (M74 A702) to collect any memebers from Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
Leave Abington Services at 0715hrs
We should arrive at the meet about 0915hrs. This gives us time etc for any delays, mishaps or anything else and it gives us time to clean the cars etc before the start at 10am.

I have updated this info in post #1.

YF

keithybhoy
1st September 2014, 09:51
Me and gav will be at bothwell :) :)

keithybhoy
21st September 2014, 19:42
Not long now troops :) :)

Simondi
21st September 2014, 21:17
Looking forward to it:D

fraz59
21st September 2014, 21:46
Oh I am going :} Going Down with Aldo and staying overnight, But will see you all there

safe trip to you all

keithybhoy
21st September 2014, 22:45
Simon are you still wanting the blue kit and Frazar do you still want the red kit as i can bring both with me :) :)

mickm1
24th September 2014, 09:48
Right not sure how this would work but here goes.

Booked a holiday last night for October week so wont manage the meet now.

My intention was to go to meet then stay over at Newcastle premier inn on 28/09 then have a wee day in Newcastle itself on the Monday.

As it was the saver deal i booked they wont allow any changes ... so i have 2 rooms booked that wont be getting used. Bear in mind they wont allow changes so not sure how that would work in regard of someone else pretending they are me.
If u want to brass neck it and i will forward the email then we can go for that... even paid for breakfasts but i think im getting that back.

Had to book another 2 rooms now for 10/10... what a pain... never went with premier inn for spite and booked with travel lodge instead :D

fraz59
24th September 2014, 11:23
Simon are you still wanting the blue kit and Frazar do you still want the red kit as i can bring both with me :) :)

Was more the amber as per the original ..and how much are they? As bit skint till next month

Yella Fella
24th September 2014, 13:19
Right not sure how this would work but here goes.

Booked a holiday last night for October week so wont manage the meet now.

My intention was to go to meet then stay over at Newcastle premier inn on 28/09 then have a wee day in Newcastle itself on the Monday.

As it was the saver deal i booked they wont allow any changes ... so i have 2 rooms booked that wont be getting used. Bear in mind they wont allow changes so not sure how that would work in regard of someone else pretending they are me.
If u want to brass neck it and i will forward the email then we can go for that... even paid for breakfasts but i think im getting that back.

Had to book another 2 rooms now for 10/10... what a pain... never went with premier inn for spite and booked with travel lodge instead :D

Mick, is it Sat and Sun for the rooms?

mickm1
24th September 2014, 19:02
Mick, is it Sat and Sun for the rooms?

No Glenn just the sunday m8, its 2 rooms that are booked for the sunday night

Yella Fella
24th September 2014, 20:12
No Glenn just the sunday m8, its 2 rooms that are booked for the sunday night

Ok cheers. I'd need to come home again on Sunday so no good to me, thanks for putting the offer in the thread. :}

There is a national thread about the national so maybe you could post the details in there. Someone may take them and you could get some money back?
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=186318

Glenn

Simondi
24th September 2014, 20:37

LOL:duh: just seen this post

Yella Fella
26th September 2014, 06:44
I'll bring the BEST CAR CLUB STAND AT SHOW award from Scone with me should anyone want to show it off in their home before passing it onto someone elase for a while.

Atcchus
26th September 2014, 20:39
I'm heading down to Nottingham that day I'm might pop in for half an hour lads.

Yella Fella
27th September 2014, 05:37
I'm heading down to Nottingham that day I'm might pop in for half an hour lads.

See you there. :}