PDA

View Full Version : The Scone Show 14th Sept 2014

Yella Fella
2nd July 2014, 12:40
The Scone Show, organised and operated by the Scottish Vintage Tractor & Engine Club (SVTEC), is on Sunday 14th September 2014 which is two weeks before the second National Meet in Northumberland.

http://www.svtec.org/images/logo2.gif

This show, along with Glamis Extravaganza is regared as amongst the biggest and best in Scotland car show circles.

If the Glamis Extravaganza show proves popular with members and we want to attend the Scone Show also, then I'll start a seperate thread with those wanting to attend.

The Scone Show operates much the same as Glamis however I have checked the details with SVTEC. The cost is £3 per car and we can have 20 cars on display. Again, this is a grand oppertunity for the 75 and ZT Owners Club to raise our profile in Scotland and to pick up new members.

Car Club Entry Forms will need to be sent MONDAY 21st JULY at the latest. If you fancy this reply to this thread with the following details:
Town
Make
Model
Year
Reg No.
(If I have our details from the Glamis Form, you dont need to provide these details again)

If there is enough interest I get a proper thread started.

1. Yella Fella. GLASGOW. MGZT+ 160. 2004. S4 GPN (PASS SENT)
2. Graham1961. NORTH BERWICK. ROVER 75 CONN SE. R18 GAC. (Paid).
3. Les4048. (PASS SENT) (Paid).
4. keithybhoy. GLASGOW. MG ZT-T+ 190. SC03 EBJ (PASS SENT) (Paid).
5. tim_burgess, Helensburgh, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, Y215MDK (PASS SENT) (Paid).
6. AldoR. Clydebank MGZT 260SE. V8-MFU (PASS SENT)
7. parahandy. STEVENSON, ROVER 75 CONN, Y452 LET. (PASS SENT) (Paid).
8. Gavvar. GLASGOW. MGZT 180 SE. 2004. BW04 PJY. (Paid).
9. Astraeus, Chris Roy, Tayport, Rover 75 2.0, V6 Classic SE, W729 UOF (PASS SENT) Paid.
10. Geo Davidson. Glasgow. Rover 75 CDTI. 2004. 694 FBC. (PASS SENT) Pay at Scone. (Paid).
11. John Tokar, Audgirth, Rover 75 CDTi. AX53 CLN. (PASS SENT) Paid.

YF

Travel arrangements for Scone Castle as follows for those travelling from the Glasgow and surrounding areas;

https://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.png

Meet at ASDA Robroyston, J2 M80 Northbound around 7.45am.
Depart at 8am (57.4 miles, 1 hour 11 mins)

A few of things to remember;
We are instructed to be on the stand by 9.30am (Im sure the show opens to the public at 10am)
Please have your entry pass displayed on your windscreen when arriving at Scone Castle
Remember to bring your Car Information Sheet

Graham1961
2nd July 2014, 20:41
Hi Glenn...I am off that weekend.

I will attend.

cahill17
3rd July 2014, 05:41
Yes put my name down as well
:D

keithybhoy
3rd July 2014, 09:39
Yeah iv been to Scone a couple of times with the vw camper crew and always had a blast so it will be nice to have our 75/zt on a stand so put me down for this glen please :):)

Yella Fella
3rd July 2014, 11:48
The above names added, Cheers.

Tam
3rd July 2014, 20:59
This is a great show in a lovely setting, here is an album of photo's from 2012 to give you an idea :}

https://picasaweb.google.com/108256095050086683973/Scone2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Yella Fella
4th July 2014, 07:26
This is a great show in a lovely setting, here is an album of photo's from 2012 to give you an idea :}

https://picasaweb.google.com/108256095050086683973/Scone2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Thanks Tam for the link. Yes it's a great show. It has something for everyone; cars, trucks, bikes, military, auto jumble etc.

FLYING BANANA
4th July 2014, 08:05
I'll have a look in the diary and see if I cannot come up for a week's holiday and join in the fun. Will bring Banana if attending.

AldoR
7th July 2014, 19:35
Just a thought at this stage.

The Scone Show, organised and operated by the Scottish Vintage Tractor & Engine Club (SVTEC), is on Sunday 14th September 2014 which is two weeks before the second National Meet in Northumberland.

http://www.svtec.org/images/logo2.gif

This show, along with Glamis Extravaganza is regared as amongst the biggest and best in Scotland car show circles.

If the Glamis Extravaganza show proves popular with members and we want to attend the Scone Show also, then I'll start a seperate thread with those wanting to attend.

The Scone Show operates much the same as Glamis however I have checked the details with SVTEC. The cost is £3 per car and we can have 20 cars on display. Again, this is a grand oppertunity for the 75 and ZT Owners Club to raise our profile in Scotland and to pick up new members.

Car Club Entry Forms will need to be sent MONDAY 21st JULY at the latest. If you fancy this reply to this thread with the following details:
Town
Make
Model
Year
Reg No.
(If I have our details from the Glamis Form, you dont need to provide these details again)

If there is enough interest I get a proper thread started.

1. Yella Fella. GLASGOW. MGZT+ 160. 2004. S4 GPN
2. Graham1961. NORTH BERWICK. ROVER 75 CONN SE. R18 GAC.
3. cahill17. DUNDEE.ROVER 75 CONN V6. X779 VAO.
4. keithybhoy. GLASGOW. MG ZT-T+ 190. SC03 EBJ
5. AldoR. Clydebank MGZT260SE. V8-MFU......
+

YF
We are up to go to this car show

Tim_Burgess
14th July 2014, 09:12
Hope I'm not too late for this one Glenn.

tim_burgess, Helensburgh, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, Y215MDK

Got the old girl's MOT the day after Gretna so, if all is well I'll aim to be there.

Yella Fella
14th July 2014, 10:29

Got the old girl's MOT the day after Gretna so, if all is well I'll aim to be there.

Details added to the list Tim.

Anyone else for the Scone show?

The entry for wil be sent on 21st July.

parahandy
14th July 2014, 14:07
Details added to the list Tim.

Anyone else for the Scone show?

The entry for wil be sent on 21st July.

We'll go too Glenn, please add us.

keithybhoy
14th July 2014, 16:10
aye can you add Gavvlar too mate :):)

Yella Fella
15th July 2014, 18:02
We'll go too Glenn, please add us.

aye can you add Gavvlar too mate :):)

Chaps, names added :}

Astraeus
16th July 2014, 23:13

Me too.
Not far from home

Astraeus Chris Roy Tayport, Rover 75 2.0 V6 Classic SE W729 UOF

:}

Chris

Yella Fella
18th July 2014, 09:24
Me too.
Not far from home

Astraeus Chris Roy Tayport, Rover 75 2.0 V6 Classic SE W729 UOF

:}

Chris

Chris, name added. Is yours a 1999?

FLYER
20th July 2014, 19:27
Get us down for this Glenn.

Glasgow.
Rover.
CDTI.
694 FBC.

Cheers mate.

Yella Fella
21st July 2014, 18:31
Get us down for this Glenn.

Glasgow.
Rover.
CDTI.
694 FBC.

Cheers mate.

Added George.

Yella Fella
21st July 2014, 19:10
Now that we have one show under our belt (Glamis) we need to be a bit more organised for Scone :D

We now have a Gazebo for shelter and it will help project a better image of the club and make our stand look like a proper car club stand.

The will be a couple of changes introduced for the Scone show;
Change 1. To project an organised image of the 75 and ZT OC and to have an identity, rather than the cars sitting without any information every car attending Glamis and Scone will have an Information Card for members of the public to read. I had one on my dash at Glamis and it proved poplular with visitors to our stand. I made one for Aldo which he displayed at Gretna. See below;
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/20140720_133915.jpg

Dont panic if you are useless with computers, I will make these for anyone not confident on the computer. All you need to do is fill in the blank information, send to me, I will print and laminate it, ready for the show. Its yours to keep for other meets but MUST be used when we are attendeing organised shows. I'll contact everyone shortly re this.

Change 2. Following on for the popular Tam Leek (Rotrex) Award, im thinking that every year at Scone we have an award but this time the award will not be for the best car, it will be for the 'member'. I'll explain more. Not everyone has a perfect car. Not everyone has the cash to thow at cars. Not everyone has the time to improve their car. Not everyonre has the knowledge to improve their car. So you nominate 'the member' you feel has made made a contribution in some way. It could be he helped you and others, he contributes to the forum, he attends all meets, he just a nice guy, he enthusiastic about 75/ZT's. He's a new member and has made a difference in some way. The reasons are endless and based on your own thoughts and feelings.

The benefit is that all memebrs (who attend Scone) are possible winners regardless of what they drive and what condition their cars is in.

Im still throwing this around my head but I hope you guys see what I mean :}

YF

JT
21st July 2014, 19:55
Hi Glenn.
Would you please put my name on the list of attendees.
Thanks.
John

FLYER
21st July 2014, 22:20
Now that we have one show under our belt (Glamis) we need to be a bit more organised for Scone :D

We now have a Gazebo for shelter and it will help project a better image of the club and make our stand look like a proper car club stand.

The will be a couple of changes introduced for the Scone show;
Change 1. To project an organised image of the 75 and ZT OC and to have an identity, rather than the cars sitting without any information every car attending Glamis and Scone will have an Information Card for members of the public to read. I had one on my dash at Glamis and it proved poplular with visitors to our stand. I made one for Aldo which he displayed at Gretna. See below;
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/20140720_133915.jpg

Dont panic if you are useless with computers, I will make these for anyone not confident on the computer. All you need to do is fill in the blank information, send to me, I will print and laminate it, ready for the show. Its yours to keep for other meets but MUST be used when we are attendeing organised shows. I'll contact everyone shortly re this.

Change 2. Following on for the popular Tam Leek (Rotrex) Award, im thinking that every year at Scone we have an award but this time the award will not be for the best car, it will be for the 'member'. I'll explain more. Not everyone has a perfect car. Not everyone has the cash to thow at cars. Not everyone has the time to improve their car. Not everyonre has the knowledge to improve their car. So you nominate 'the member' you feel has made made a contribution in some way. It could be he helped you and others, he contributes to the forum, he attends all meets, he just a nice guy, he enthusiastic about 75/ZT's. He's a new member and has made a difference in some way. The reasons are endless and based on your own thoughts and feelings.

The benefit is that all memebrs (who attend Scone) are possible winners regardless of what they drive and what condition their cars is in.

Im still throwing this around my head but I hope you guys see what I mean :}

YFexcellent ideas Glenn.
I think a more uniformed layout will show the club in a better light.

Well put.

keithybhoy
22nd July 2014, 09:11
Yeah great idea Glen and it should make us look a little more like a club as you said. Just one thing tho,could i have a saltire at the top instead of the jack lol ;);)

FLYER
22nd July 2014, 09:55
Yeah great idea Glen and it should make us look a little more like a club as you said. Just one thing tho,could i have a saltire at the top instead of the jack lol ;);)

Ditto.........:D

Tim_Burgess
22nd July 2014, 11:32

Well, the bad news is that the old lady failed her annual health check :mad:

The good news is that she's getting some replacement joints (as many of us do when we reach a "certain age") and she should be back on the road by the end of the week.

So Doris the Dorchester will be at Scone. :D:D

Yella Fella
22nd July 2014, 12:27
Entry Form and payment sent off today. :}

1. Yella Fella.
2. Graham1961.
3. cahill17.
4. keithybhoy.
5. tim_burgess.
6. AldoR.
7. parahandy.
8. Gavvar.
9. Astraeus.
10. Flyer.
11. jt234adr.

Another nice range of cars. Fingers crossed for the weather in September.

YF

FLYER
22nd July 2014, 20:35
Well, the bad news is that the old lady failed her annual health check :mad:

The good news is that she's getting some replacement joints (as many of us do when we reach a "certain age") and she should be back on the road by the end of the week.

So Doris the Dorchester will be at Scone. :D:Darthritis.........?:D

Les4048
1st August 2014, 04:56
Hi Glenn, am I too late to out my name down. I can't absolutely guarantee to be there as I'm hoping to go to Grantown the Sunday before this and that means taking tow Sundays off work, which may be possible depending on the weather and how the harvest is going

Yella Fella
2nd August 2014, 09:05
Hi les, yes the entry form has gone. It states no late entries are allowed. If someone on the list can't make it you could take their place?. Just keep watching this thread to see if someone pulls out.

Tim_Burgess
2nd August 2014, 18:05
arthritis.........?:D

2 Hip replacements (upper rear arm joints), one Knee replacement (NSF lower arm & bush), Sinus drain (exhaust manifold gaskets). She's feeling much better now, although my credit card isn't. :)

AldoR
3rd August 2014, 06:57
2 Hip replacements (upper rear arm joints), one Knee replacement (NSF lower arm & bush), Sinus drain (exhaust manifold gaskets). She's feeling much better now, although my credit card isn't. :)

All fixed now, Tim so total peace of mind.

Yella Fella
12th August 2014, 11:32
PM sent to everyone on the attendee list asking for car details to go in the information sheet.

If you are going, and not received a PM then PM me and let me know!

EDIT: I have sent a cheque off for our fees, but the payment has still to come from my account. As soon as it's debited from my account I'll assume our entry has been accepted. Will keep you posted.

Yella Fella
18th August 2014, 09:13
Im a bit worried that no payment has been taken from my account yet.

I have emailed the secretary of the organisers to ask if our entry has been accepted, or not!

Will keep you posted.

Yella Fella
18th August 2014, 16:34
Email received. Entry form accepted. :}

When I got home the postie had delivered these:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140818_173144_HDR.jpg

I will post these out shortly. I have most peoples address. If I dont have your address, I have PM'd you.

FLYER
18th August 2014, 21:45
Email received. Entry form accepted. :}

When I got home the postie had delivered these:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x405/Bullitt160/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140818_173144_HDR.jpg

I will post these out shortly. I have most peoples address. If I dont have your address, I have PM'd you.
Pm sent.

cahill17
19th August 2014, 08:09
Sorry glenn unable to make it

Yella Fella
19th August 2014, 11:55
Sorry glenn unable to make it

Ok Alan, sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting me know.

So one pass is available. PM to Les4048 as he expressed an interest in going to the show after the entry form was sent.

Yella Fella
19th August 2014, 12:20
Les4048 added to the list of attendees. :}

Graham1961
19th August 2014, 23:12
Will send you my car details tomorrow evening Glenn, regarding details, mods, spec etc......

Yella Fella
1st September 2014, 13:46
Travel arrangements for Scone Castle as follows for those travelling from the Glasgow and surrounding areas;

We are instructed to be on the stand by 9.30am (Im sure the show opens to the public at 10am)
Please have your entry pass displayed on your windscreen when arriving at Scone Castle

FLYER
1st September 2014, 14:13

check !!...:D

Astraeus
12th September 2014, 09:35
check !!...:D

Hi all

Do we need to meet up to enter together or do we have a allocated space?

Chris

Yella Fella
12th September 2014, 09:42
Hi all

Do we need to meet up to enter together or do we have a allocated space?

Chris

Chris, I didnt receive a layout of the site. I suspect when we check in we will be directed to our site.

We are meeting Fraz59 outside the gates as I have a pass to give him if you also want to wait outside? We should be there between 9 - 9.15am.

FLYER
12th September 2014, 11:50
Chris, I didnt receive a layout of the site. I suspect when we check in we will be directed to our site.

We are meeting Fraz59 outside the gates as I have a pass to give him if you also want to wait outside? We should be there between 9 - 9.15am.
On our trip to grantown there was road works before
Perth , think its ongoing .

Yella Fella
12th September 2014, 12:53
On our trip to grantown there was road works before
Perth , think its ongoing .

Info from traffic Scotland:

Week Commencing 08 Sep 2014
Start Date/Time 10 Sep 2014 - 09:30
End Date/Time19 Sep 2014 - 15:30
Location A9 Broxden - Cairnie Brae - Northbound - A9 Broxden - Cairnie Brae
Description Installation of Safety Camera - Near side Lane Closure

I'm assuming at 9am on Sunday morning it will be Ok and no hold-ups :rolleyes:

FLYER
12th September 2014, 14:03
Info from traffic Scotland:

Week Commencing 08 Sep 2014
Start Date/Time 10 Sep 2014 - 09:30
End Date/Time19 Sep 2014 - 15:30
Location A9 Broxden - Cairnie Brae - Northbound - A9 Broxden - Cairnie Brae
Description Installation of Safety Camera - Near side Lane Closure

I'm assuming at 9am on Sunday morning it will be Ok and no hold-ups :rolleyes:

I hope so cos we were stuck in it for about 5 miles.

Hopefully as you say that time should be quieter.

keithybhoy
12th September 2014, 14:12
it will be jammed up with all the folk going to it hahahaha :):)

Tam
12th September 2014, 17:32
Come up from Stirling today and a couple of times last week but never been held up. Today none of the lanes were coned off!

keithybhoy
13th September 2014, 07:53
Well i think i better start with the cleaning of the bullit for tomorrow lol :):)

Tim_Burgess
13th September 2014, 17:16
Only had time to give mine a quick wash. Meeting Aldo at Balloch in the morning so we will see you there.

Astraeus
13th September 2014, 17:22
Only had time to give mine a quick wash. Meeting Aldo at Balloch in the morning so we will see you there.

See you guys tomorrow

Chris

FLYER
13th September 2014, 19:13
Ok troops .

Got call from Aldo and its easier for him and Tim to go another way so we dont have to hang around for them tmw morn , see the rest of you at asda.

Graham1961
14th September 2014, 05:32
I'm leaving for Scone in 10 mins.

See you all there.

Yella Fella
14th September 2014, 19:07
What a great day.

Well, we won the 'Best Club Stand at the Show'. :} :} :} at our very first visit to this show!!!!!

The judges said this was due to;
The Club Welcome
The Club Introduction
The Car Information Sheets
The stand layout
The variety of cars
The presentation of the cars
Massisve thanks to everyone who contributed, Aldo for the stands, Keith and Gavin for organising the cars and thanks to everyone for presenting their cars in tip top order. They were gleemin' :D and they were really noticeable evidenced by the attention the cars got all day.

I accepted the award on behalf of everyone because everyone deserves it for the work they put in today. The sheild (prize ) will be distributed around the members over the next 12 months,. Make space on your mantle piece :D

ps. please post pics in the seperate thread.

AldoR
14th September 2014, 20:51
What a great day.

Well, we won the 'Best Club Stand at the Show'. :} :} :} at our very first visit to this show!!!!!

The judges said this was due to;
The Club Welcome
The Club Introduction
The Car Information Sheets
The stand layout
The variety of cars
The presentation of the cars
Massisve thanks to everyone who contributed, Aldo for the stands, Keith and Gavin for organising the cars and thanks to everyone for presenting their cars in tip top order. They were gleemin' :D and they were really noticeable evidenced by the attention the cars got all day.

I accepted the award on behalf of everyone because everyone deserves it for the work they put in today. The sheild (prize ) will be distributed around the members over the next 12 months,. Make space on your mantle piece :D

ps. please post pics in the seperate thread.
Great day at SCONE PALACE. Pics of today of Glenn receiving the award on behalf of our club for best club stand, Well done everyone from the club displaying their car today as we won best club stand something were all proud of.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/scone/096_zps1c06aabf.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/aldov6/media/scone/096_zps1c06aabf.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/scone/097_zpsc81db6f1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/aldov6/media/scone/097_zpsc81db6f1.jpg.html)

suzublu
14th September 2014, 21:01
Congratulations fellas, well deserved:bowdown:

FLYER
14th September 2014, 21:09
Congratulations fellas, well deserved:bowdown:And it didnt rain ronnie,:D

suzublu
14th September 2014, 21:15
And it didnt rain ronnie,:D

Don't believe it:eek::D Isn't it good though, in the last few big shows, how our cars (and club/members) are being recognised more & more:shrug: Top honours at Scone, 3rd at Harewood, against some very prestigious marques & clubs:cool:
Long may it continue:bowdown:

FLYER
14th September 2014, 21:29
Don't believe it:eek::D Isn't it good though, in the last few big shows, how our cars (and club/members) are being recognised more & more:shrug: Top honours at Scone, 3rd at Harewood, against some very prestigious marques & clubs:cool:
Long may it continue:bowdown:Seconded ....:D

keithybhoy
14th September 2014, 22:10
Aye congrats everbody as said above the cars were looking fantactic,the flag poles and stands were out and a great pitch next to the smokies(yumyum). We had loads of traffic through the site and lots of folk asking about the cars too.

so once again everbody welldone :bowdown: :bowdown: