PDA

View Full Version : water leaking into passanger side

Mdan
5th July 2014, 18:58
well my mrs was sat in the car yesterday and kindly informed me there was water drippin on her foot i thought plenum blocked but chexk them today they are fine any ideas thanks

Mdan
6th July 2014, 00:31
anyone had this before

steveo
6th July 2014, 06:42
Hi.
Sunroof fitted?
If so blocked drains!
Regards
Steve

Mdan
6th July 2014, 08:54
no sunroof its.very strange

steveo
6th July 2014, 09:50
Hi
Water coming in via pollen filter and or windscreen (passenger side?)
I would remove the glovebox and investigate further
Not a difficult job
Hidden fasteners torx under felt in glove box and four torx on top of glovebox
Pull glovebox towards you and disconnect the courtesy light connector

Check for water marks or wet patches
Regards
Steve

kraanc
8th July 2014, 15:21
Take fresh white A4 sheet of paper and push it easy near windshield behind the front panel inside cabin, at the side where you got water. If You pull it out and it is wet - problem might be in Your windshield. Bad work of replacement or something.
I had this.

Vossy
8th July 2014, 15:34
I had a diesel leak into the passenger footwell last year, there was a leak on the pump and the fuel was running down the loom and into the car, might be worth a look but could also be from the screen as said.

First_damned
14th July 2014, 20:51
Check the scuttle cups

SpikeyMikey
19th July 2014, 07:31
did you manage to sort this, with the rain we had last night, got in the car this morning and the carpet in the drivers footwell is soaked, checked the plenum, and door seals,
no sunroof either, short of ripping up the carpet - no idea where its coming from, ideas please?

p2roverman
16th October 2014, 13:04
Can't advise but may have a related problem in that the top of the cdplayer was wet, yet no obvious flooding of the rest of the glovebox. Have I a leak or could it be condensation? Just cleared the plenun drain, about an inch of water there beforehand.

alanjay
16th October 2014, 19:03
well my mrs was sat in the car yesterday and kindly informed me there was water drippin on her foot i thought plenum blocked but chexk them today they are fine any ideas thanks

I always use the powder paint trick (the sort we mixed with water at school).
Example put blue powder along plastic roof rail insert, red in plenum, green around screen etc. Whatever colour runs in to the car is the source of the leak.

By the way, as it's water based the colour can be washed out of the carpet.

Doc Evil
16th October 2014, 19:23
Good tip with coloured paint
Check the ns plenum drain tube I found mine had been removed at some stage and refitted but not correctly so it drained into the void there are two holes the one at the top but a second approx 6 inch below the pipe must go through both
Doc:cool:
Ps its the one next to hinge not the ecu one