PDA

View Full Version : Driver door lock problem

victorgte
6th July 2014, 15:45
Out of the blue the driver door is playing up.

Will lock ok using the fob but will not unlock on the fob. I have to use the key to open it. Also when all 4 doors are locked and I stop to get out, I unlock the doors using the button behind the gearchange but my driver door stays shut. Not the end of the world but a bit frustrating.

At some point my door card needs to come off and be refitted correctly as it is suffering the age old problem of the top clips failing.

Scaramanga
6th July 2014, 15:59
Mine is exactly the same...be interesting to read replies from those in the know..

pab
6th July 2014, 16:04
Door locking mechanism has failed, a classic case.

Two motors are contained in the mechanism, one for the dead lock facility, the other motor works on both sides for lock/ unlock.

Source a second hand replacement, expensive new, and unfortunately rather a pain in the butt to fit.

victorgte
6th July 2014, 16:17
Door locking mechanism has failed, a classic case.

Two motors are contained in the mechanism, one for the dead lock facility, the other motor works on both sides for lock/ unlock.

Source a second hand replacement, expensive new, and unfortunately rather a pain in the butt to fit.

Thanks for the fast reply. Will look out for one and get new clips for the doorcard too. Pain in the butt job to do.