PDA

View Full Version : instrument panel

preedster
6th July 2014, 18:04
Hi all,

I am currently running around in a 2.5 v6 and my problem is that the previous owner for some reason or another has fitted an instrument panel from a diesel car and obviously I have a diesel gauge instead of a petrol one although there is no problem in this itself it does not look right so if I fitted one from a donor car would it plug and play

klarzy
6th July 2014, 18:06
Hi all,

I am currently running around in a 2.5 v6 and my problem is that the previous owner for some reason or another has fitted an instrument panel from a diesel car and obviously I have a diesel gauge instead of a petrol one although there is no problem in this itself it does not look right so if I fitted one from a donor car would it plug and play

Take a look at what I do (click the banner or follow the links).
Many members here now have customised dials to suit their own car and personality...

there is a 25% discount for paid up club members

vindaloo
6th July 2014, 18:15
You only need to change the dial face & there are plenty of spare ones knocking around. If you change the complete instrument cluster, you will need some expert help to get it to work. Besides your fuel gauge surely your rev counter and speedo aren't reading correctly?

preedster
6th July 2014, 18:22
Hi vindaloo as far as I am aware my speedo and rev counter are working fine

Walter
6th July 2014, 18:41
Contact Marinabrian, he might have spare petrol facias, I sent him complete IPK down but it was scrap :duh:

Phil-T4
6th July 2014, 19:38
To answer your original question, no it wont be ok just fitting another one, they need to be coded to the car.

preedster
6th July 2014, 19:59
Thanks phil that's what I wanted to know, also thanks to other members for letting me know that all I have to do is change dials, had a butchers at klarzys work and its got me thinking

Phil-T4
6th July 2014, 20:01
Changing the dials will not work as the rev counter reading will then be incorrect!

klarzy
6th July 2014, 20:04
Changing the dials will not work as the rev counter reading will then be incorrect!

But dials custom or standard will be required..

preedster
6th July 2014, 21:12
Hi Phil,

firstly if I just change the diesel gauge for a petrol one will it affect the rev counter and secondly from what I can ascertain is that I need another instrument panel fit it and then have a T4 session to get it all working correctly

Phil-T4
6th July 2014, 23:55
Hi Paul,
If you bring your car to me i can sort it all out for you, i have spare overlays and will reprogram your instrument panel to match your car.

preedster
7th July 2014, 02:11
Hi Phil,

sounds good to me I hope to be attending the meet at the Caldecott arms on the 3rd of august hopefully we can meet up then if not I will pm you for a session