PDA

View Full Version : P1102*MAF Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected*

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 08:46
Hi All,

I have an engine warning light up and my OBD II scanner gives me the code and symptom as in the title of this thread. Anything I should be concerned about? Could this be the reason my car has been feeling sluggish with turbo lag at low revs below around 30mph?

I am a little confused though as it does state my MAF is in range so is it forewarning me to sort it before a greater problem occurs?

Lee.

DMGRS
7th July 2014, 10:44
That's exactly why you'll have low power at lower RPM - a MAF giving low signal will cause these symptoms.
You can unplug it which will resolve the symptoms - a few members have run with them unplugged for a long time (myself included) however the car does 'feel' better with a working MAF.

Unfortunately the eBay cheapies available don't tend to last very long, and original Bosch items are rather pricey:
MAF Sensor - CDTi (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/sensors/products/rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-maf-mhk101130)

marinabrian
7th July 2014, 10:46
Hi All,

I have an engine warning light up and my OBD II scanner gives me the code and symptom as in the title of this thread. Anything I should be concerned about? Could this be the reason my car has been feeling sluggish with turbo lag at low revs below around 30mph?

I am a little confused though as it does state my MAF is in range so is it forewarning me to sort it before a greater problem occurs?

Lee.

I reckon a trip up the A19 Lee, forget scanners I'll check it out properly for you ;)

Brian :D

llanmartin
7th July 2014, 11:49
I didn't think the MAF would cause an engine light? If it did it would come on when unplugged.

I have run mine with the MAF unplugged with no issues other than slightly higher fuel consumption but no warning lights.

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 12:18
I didn't think the MAF would cause an engine light? If it did it would come on when unplugged.

I have run mine with the MAF unplugged with no issues other than slightly higher fuel consumption but no warning lights.

That is the only code coming up so I am assuming that is the reason for the light on the dashccoming up mate, we'll see though once I get on a T4 for a proper check instead of an app on my galaxy lol lol

Lee.

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 12:23
I reckon a trip up the A19 Lee, forget scanners I'll check it out properly for you ;)

Brian :D

Cheers Brian,

I am a bit tied up this week and then I am back offshore for 3 weeks so unfortunately the next chance to see you will be next month when I am back from work so hopefully we can arrange a convenient time for yourself....I am really looking forward to you doing a T4 session :}:bowdown:

Lee.

llanmartin
7th July 2014, 12:24
The OBD readers don't always read rover codes correctly. Especially if the car is a pre facelift model.

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 12:29
That's exactly why you'll have low power at lower RPM - a MAF giving low signal will cause these symptoms.
You can unplug it which will resolve the symptoms - a few members have run with them unplugged for a long time (myself included) however the car does 'feel' better with a working MAF.

Unfortunately the eBay cheapies available don't tend to last very long, and original Bosch items are rather pricey:
MAF Sensor - CDTi (http://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/sensors/products/rover-75-mg-zt-cdti-maf-mhk101130)

Cheers mate,

I will disconnect it for the time being as I am back to work next week and then when I get back I will order a new one from yourself if needed once Brian has been able to T4 me (looks like I won't be getting a new front bumper for a while lol).

Lee.

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 12:30
The OBD readers don't always read rover codes correctly. Especially if the car is a pre facelift model.

Mine is a 2004 facelift but I am planning on a T4 session to check it out properly.

DMGRS
7th July 2014, 12:33
A T4 session is well worth the money - shows you pretty much everything rather than the rather limited capability of the 'universal' scanners.
Being non-ODB compliant, I can barely get any information from my ZT-T!

KRISTLEE
7th July 2014, 15:11
A T4 session is well worth the money - shows you pretty much everything rather than the rather limited capability of the 'universal' scanners.
Being non-ODB compliant, I can barely get any information from my ZT-T!

I think the cheap android bluetooth scanners are just to give an idea and as you say nothing will work better than a T4 session, luckily for me I am just down the road from one of the guru's :D

sworks
7th July 2014, 19:08

Mines unplugged at the moment and the check engine light is on with the MAF and intake air temp sensor showing as being open circuit

KRISTLEE
8th July 2014, 19:46
Hi All,

I disconnected my MAF after tea tonight and have just been for a quick test drive.....and boy was it quick. No more dithering about and much more vroom vroom....I likey :D

It looks like a new MAF is on my to do list but I think it will be a short while until I have the readies untied to be able to get a genuine Bosch one so how long do you recommend the max time for it to be disconnected and what detrimental effects will occur over a period of time without it?

Lee.