PDA

View Full Version : Project Drive query

macafee2
7th July 2014, 13:07
Am I right in thinking, in pre Project Drive there were some carpet bits by the air vents in the dirvers and front passengers footwell, one each side of the centre console at the front?
Were there just these 2 bits of carpet or were there 2 other bits as well and if so where were they?
Thanks
macafee2

Jordan Apex
7th July 2014, 13:25
There were carpeted panels by those vents, on each side of the centre console in the footwells instead of the plastic ones fitted later, there are only 2 pieces one per side

Reebs
7th July 2014, 13:27
:wot: Why have you been told there are others too?

suzublu
7th July 2014, 13:33
Heater closure panel Ian, .......http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/suzublu/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/92E948BF-5012-40C3-BAF9-9B9BCDC6B81A_zps3e3tcdb7.jpg (http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/suzublu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/92E948BF-5012-40C3-BAF9-9B9BCDC6B81A_zps3e3tcdb7.jpg.html)

macafee2
7th July 2014, 13:49
Thanks guys. I was not told 4 bits but I did a search on project drive via this forum and found an advert. It advertised 1 set but had 4 parts showing and so it made me unsure. Was at the scrappy Friday and found a pair in Sandstone, my colour, grubby alas. I have cleaned them up quite nicely but wanted to make sure I have not left 2 parts behind. I wanted a parcel shelf for a Rover 25 but they had all gone, needed for my 75 the headlight/fog light switch which I got plus a fuel tank strap to clean, paint and fit. That was a spur of the moment thing. Also got the eyebrow screws as I'd lost one.
I had wanted a walnut dash as mine is broken but they had all gone and part of the passenger door lock. I thought the lock was screwed in place but they are torx and I did not take torx bits. If I'd been more awake I would have had some rear brake plates to clean paint and fit. Taking bits from a scrap car is a good way to learn how things come apart. If you break a part naughty as it is you just walk away.

I don't know if I'll fit the carpet, I'm not fussed but the carpet was there and I did not want to miss the chance if I wanted ever to fit them. I have a set of crofts finishers, not fitted them, not sure if I want too but did not want to miss them as they were then to be the last ones made.

I must make sure next time I take more tools. The scarp yard has been cleaned and so if you are on the floor your not kneeling or laying in oil.

If I had more time I may well have gone back today for the brake plates and perhaps the bracket for the handbrake cable that sits just behind the fuel tank, just so I could clean and paint and swop mine over. This way the car is only off the road for hours instead of days.

macafee2

Reebs
7th July 2014, 15:52
Was that Silverlake Ian? I was there on Friday and they had a 75 tourer in as well as an XPower Grey ZT 180 auto saloon with all the toys. Sat nav, traction control, volumetric roof sensor, cruise control auto dipping mirror and electric sunroof. Much of it had already been raided, the bordmonitor was gone, the power VIS missing, but the balance was still there.

One thing to remember though, when picking over a car, never leave your tools unattended, I did briefly once while I popped back to the main desk to get the boot key, when I got back, the tools had gone and I spotted someone with some of my bits poking out of his pockets. :mad:

I challenged him at reception, but he and the staff just wanted both of us off site before they called the police. I didn't get them back :(

Roy&Rosebud
7th July 2014, 16:31
Was that Silverlake Ian? I was there on Friday and they had a 75 tourer in as well as an XPower Grey ZT 180 auto saloon with all the toys. Sat nav, traction control, volumetric roof sensor, cruise control auto dipping mirror and electric sunroof. Much of it had already been raided, the bordmonitor was gone, the power VIS missing, but the balance was still there.

One thing to remember though, when picking over a car, never leave your tools unattended, I did briefly once while I popped back to the main desk to get the boot key, when I got back, the tools had gone and I spotted someone with some of my bits poking out of his pockets. :mad:

I challenged him at reception, but he and the staff just wanted both of us off site before they called the police. I didn't get them back :(

Hi Reebs, Rosebud and I have been burgled three times during our

marriage. Dunstable, (Bedfordshire)Thame, (Oxfordshire). Hirwaun,

(Rhonda cynon Taff.) What a sad life these people lead.

As you know, ever the same.

Roy & Rosebud. (Old Man and frail Old Lady)

Take good care of each other.:shrug::shrug:

P.S. It takes a long time to get over it.

pab
7th July 2014, 17:11
Heater closure panel Ian, .......http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af195/suzublu/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/92E948BF-5012-40C3-BAF9-9B9BCDC6B81A_zps3e3tcdb7.jpg (http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/suzublu/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/92E948BF-5012-40C3-BAF9-9B9BCDC6B81A_zps3e3tcdb7.jpg.html)

Thought you would have banged a couple of courtesy lights on them by now. :shrug: