PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Distance Sensors onto front bumper and glass change on Door Mirror

Kenneth Smith
8th July 2014, 23:50
Hi everyone, has anyone ever fitted distance sensors to the front bumper on a Rover 75, I would be very interested to know how feasible the job is. Also can anyone help with changing the glass on the door mirrors on a Rover 75. Many thanks Ken

Rick-sta
9th July 2014, 09:59
Don't think it will be very expensive to fit, as you can pick up after market sensor kits from eBay for not much money. You'll want to make sure you buy the kit which is for the front of the car (and not a rear parking sensor kit) as they have a shorter distance range, otherwise they'd be going off all the time when in traffic :}

Jordan Apex
9th July 2014, 10:04
Do you know whether your mirrors are bullets or skull cap? Bullet ones, you adjust the mirror all the way out on the switch in the car, you will then see behind it some tabs that hold it in, you need to put a flat screwdriver behind the glass and push the glass away from the tabs, then it will release, then unplug the two wires :) refitting is the reverse of the above but only apply light pressure with the palm of your hand into the centre of the glass to avoid breaking it :)

Kenneth Smith
9th July 2014, 10:12
Thank you very much Rick-sta and Jordan Apex just the information I needed. Ken

KernowRover
9th July 2014, 16:29
Hi everyone, has anyone ever fitted distance sensors to the front bumper on a Rover 75, I would be very interested to know how feasible the job is.Hi,
I bought a cheap kit off ebay, very easy to fit, and put a switch in the supply so only switch them on when needed.
Regards
Tom

Supervinnie40
9th July 2014, 17:39
Just did this a few weeks ago. The installation is really easy, but the problem is that the engine creates a big electro-magnetic field, which causes the unit to beep when there is nothing in front of the car. I had to wrap the control unit in aluminium foil and tuck if away as much as I could to stop it. But when I go over 4000 rpm, it will still start to beep.

Mine was a cheap ebay kit, but I'm still on the lookout for a genuine Rover kit (in GMN).

Ken Lion
10th July 2014, 09:10
...But when I go over 4000 rpm, it will still start to beep.....
Sounds like an additional benefit feature to me :D

Supervinnie40
10th July 2014, 19:02
I could be :P, unless you have to do about 4000 rpm to get to 120 km/h

macafee2
11th July 2014, 20:38
for skull caps http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=175075

after hours I found out how to take the glass off

macafee2