PDA

View Full Version : Tourer water in boot and carpets AGAIN !

chrishumphries
9th July 2014, 17:05
As the title, I have water in my boot and under the carpets. I have rodded and modded the front sunroof drains, so the rears are next, but any ideas where th water in the boot is coming from chaps?

nujazz2210
9th July 2014, 18:00
Check your rear light seals. Water leaks in through them if they are broken.

chrishumphries
9th July 2014, 18:28
Thanks for the reply. It's a tourer though, they don't have any actual seals around the light clusters (I just double checked !)

RovingNorm
9th July 2014, 18:34
We had a huge storm yesterday evening , thunder and lighting with really heavy rain ,when I opened the tail gate on my tourer this morning I found that water had got in. Appeared to be coming from the high up brake light. Only had it a couple of weeks so not sure if this happens normally or just because of the exceedingly heavy rain due to storm. Had the parcel shelf thingy on so it had absorbed the water.

Norman

shaunscully75
9th July 2014, 18:48
I get the odd few drips on the load cover, it's only when it's hammering it down so nothing to worry about. Seems to be from the glass around the brake light.
If you've got it under the carpets I'd check the plenum, the drain below the pollen filter, make sure there's actually a drain tube there, and there isn't just a hole where some muppet has pulled out the drain tube with pliers..

chrishumphries
9th July 2014, 20:36
Thanks gents, I will investigate aroung the high brake light and the seal around the hatch, Ive got an inkling water might be coming there as it does'nt feel as firm as my 75 tourer.

Kenton
9th July 2014, 21:36
Thanks gents, I will investigate aroung the high brake light and the seal around the hatch, Ive got an inkling water might be coming there as it does'nt feel as firm as my 75 tourer.

May seem silly, but if you put some talc around the areas you suspect, you may see the origin, like following a snail round the garden, takes me back about 40 years. i have done this with the saloon, ans it is not always the seals in the lights!! :eek::eek:

road toad
9th July 2014, 22:27
Yup. Same problem around the high level brake light. Been out with silicon gun today. You can see slight gaps where the rubber seal sits so fingers x.